14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Date Of Issue 13/05/2016 And Date Expiration 23/04/2017
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
ImABule said:
If my wife receives an interview request I would bombard them with additional proofs regardless of them saying they won't accept it, and possibly go live with her in Indonesia.

I have seen people have their interviews waived after providing more proofs, including an applicant from Thailand where the sponsor quit his job and moved to Thailand when they got the interview letter.

Our application was over 5kg and I have submitted more proofs voluntarily twice already.
Hello ImABlue,

My question is if the visa office mentions that they will not accept any correspond from applicant when he/she is pending for interview. If so it is wise to send additional proof.

If visa office not accept correspondence from applicant when he/she is pending for interview. What is the benefit to send additional documents?

When I read this I never try to send any additional documents like marriage proof. I always think that visa office not accept my any correspondence.

Regards

Farhana

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
farhana766 said:
Hello ImABlue,

My question is if the visa office mentions that they will not accept any correspond from applicant when he/she is pending for interview. If so it is wise to send additional proof.

If visa office not accept correspondence from applicant when he/she is pending for interview. What is the benefit to send additional documents?

When I read this I never try to send any additional documents like marriage proof. I always think that visa office not accept my any correspondence.

Regards

Farhana
I know they do accept it even though they say they don't because people pending interviews have had them waived after submitting enough proof.

Therefore, I would disregard their statement and send it anyways.

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
ImABule said:
I know they do accept it even though they say they don't because people pending interviews have had them waived after submitting enough proof.

Hello ImAblue,

It confused new applicant that’s why I ask you. If visa office accept that’s really great.

Regards
Farhana

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
farhana766 said:
Hello ImAblue,

It confused new applicant that’s why I ask you. If visa office accept that’s really great.

Regards
Farhana
Yes, I know you are very active in trying to help others, and I figured that's why you posted the question.

Personally I would disregard the statement that they won't accept it.

CIC calling my wife for an interview will result in many many more relationship proofs sent lol.

I don't really wanna wait 2+ years either.

I'd be inclined to just move to my wife's country instead.

Canada isn't worth the stress the process can put a marriage through in situations where processing isn't straight forward.

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
ImABule said:
Yes, I know you are very active in trying to help others, and I figured that's why you posted the question.

Personally I would disregard the statement that they won't accept it.

CIC calling my wife for an interview will result in many many more relationship proofs sent lol.

I don't really wanna wait 2+ years either.

I'd be inclined to just move to my wife's country instead.

Canada isn't worth the stress the process can put a marriage through in situations where processing isn't straight forward.

Hello ImABlue,

Thank you for understand my purpose. In my case I never send any documents because visa office did not accept it. I became a member of this forum when my application already passed 17 months and that time I already got my interview date. So I can’t send any marriage proof to the visa office. But I think if I send marriage proof documents which support my marriage it will make my interview easy. So next time if I write about any interview related thing I will mention that applicant should send marriage proof documents to visa office which will easy or waived their interview.

Take care
Farhana

zee7447

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27-05-2016
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
24-02-2015
Interview........
09-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
LANDED..........
05-10-2016
ImABule said:

I agree with you. Even though they say they will not accept anything but still they do. Some cases they waive the interview. If they don't waive the interview then at least it helps for the interview. I sent plenty of evidence over the email. At least it show some sign of genuineness of your relationship. It's not harmful or leave any negative impact if you send it. In fact i checked my GCMS notes and every time i was sending evidence they were opening my wife's file, checking the evidence and was posting on GCMS notes about receiving extra evidence. They also even mentioned about how i was emailing them clarifying about their doubts which i saw on GCMS notes. I clearly email them and mentioned about pulling the GCMS notes and saw the reason they put my wife on interview. Thanks

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
farhana766 said:
Hello ImAblue,

Regards
Farhana
Farhana,

If the processing officials have minimum doubt or need any tangible explanations on any issue, they might book the applicant for the interview. Such decision should be reflected in the latest GCMS notes. If that is the case that the interview is forthcoming, the applicant may start sending additional solid relationship proofs. Those proofs may include recent visit of the sponsor or proofs showing living together with applicant after sending the application or some evidences to remove the questions and concerns of the immigration officials. Sometimes the applicants get interview waiver after sending updated additional proofs. As other posters have reiterated that even if interview is not waived with additional proofs, chances are, the actual interview would be comparatively better for the applicant. I remember the fact that I did send them couple of photographs on my wife's visit in my country. It definitely showed the bonding between husband and wife.

Jan 14, 2016
Hi all,

Fairly new to the forum. I'm American, have two BS degrees (one in computer science) and an MBA. I have a clean background with no criminal history. My wife in B.C. and I submitted our application in July.

What is the likelihood that a couple gets put on a list to be interviewed (like what's the percentage)?

Are Americans trying to get into Canada less likely to be interviewed than people in other countries?

Any insight/info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Anthony

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
LeftMyHeartInBC said:
Hi all,

Fairly new to the forum. I'm American, have two BS degrees (one in computer science) and an MBA. I have a clean background with no criminal history. My wife in B.C. and I submitted our application in July.

What is the likelihood that a couple gets put on a list to be interviewed (like what's the percentage)?

Are Americans trying to get into Canada less likely to be interviewed than people in other countries?

Any insight/info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Anthony
As an American the likely hood of you being required to attend an interview is as close to zero % as possible. American and other developed western countries that are visa exempt have a way lower threshold of proof than other countries.

The only way you would be called to interview is if there is a security or criminal issue or if you don't provide ANY proof of relationship at all.

You have nothing to worry about.

Jan 14, 2016
ImABule - Thanks so much. That's music to my ears. I initially wanted to take ownership of doing the application but my wife saw my progress (and being a control freak) to over the application as her own 'fun' project.. but it was very well organized. I'm hoping the application and my PR gets approved in the next 6-9 months (I've seen some instances where approval occurs in 5 months) as the long distance flying back and forth from Arizona to B.C. has been quite challenging not to mention taxing on the wallet.

Again, wish everybody much success and that you get to be with your loved one asap.

-Anthony

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
LeftMyHeartInBC said:
ImABule - Thanks so much. That's music to my ears. I initially wanted to take ownership of doing the application but my wife saw my progress (and being a control freak) to over the application as her own 'fun' project.. but it was very well organized. I'm hoping the application and my PR gets approved in the next 6-9 months (I've seen some instances where approval occurs in 5 months) as the long distance flying back and forth from Arizona to B.C. has been quite challenging not to mention taxing on the wallet.

Again, wish everybody much success and that you get to be with your loved one asap.

-Anthony
If you applied outland your app will go to Ottawa and will likely be approved in 2-3 months.

Sorry, no offence, but I LOL'D when I saw the words "long distance flying" and "AZ to BC" haha.

Try Ontario-New York/Chicago-Tokyo-Jakarta then domestic flight :p

30+ hours of airports and airplanes to see my wife bro, and likely much heavier on the wallet ;)

Jan 14, 2016
Yes, we did apply Outland as we sent the application to Mississauga. Wow, 2-3 months for both my wife to get approved as a sponsor and me approved as the applicant? That would be awesome!!! Man, I don't feel so bad flying compared to your journey. I've got to hand it to you. Thanks again.

daaca

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
LeftMyHeartInBC said:
Yes, we did apply Outland as we sent the application to Mississauga. Wow, 2-3 months for both my wife to get approved as a sponsor and me approved as the applicant? That would be awesome!!! Man, I don't feel so bad flying compared to your journey. I've got to hand it to you. Thanks again.
Hi farhana thanks to everything yesterday i got remedical iam doing insha alh today for appointment to the iom after remedical how many days will take passport request thanks

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
daaca said:
Hi farhana thanks to everything yesterday i got remedical iam doing insha alh today for appointment to the iom after remedical how many days will take passport request thanks
Hi daaca,

Congrats!

Every file is unique. Usually it takes 30-45 days or even less! There are people waiting for PPR for a long time after remedical. Someone here was recently informed by the SVO to wait another three months for the decision. Check LVO timeline for your country to get standard waiting time.

Good luck!

Hasan