+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

nemema

Mar 29, 2018
I'm Dec 11th applicant my online application status changed to approved today and i got 2 years work permit from today
i have seen there are some Dec 11th and Dec 12th applicants who is waiting for the work permit hope you will get yours soon.......:)
Great to hear! Congrats! Thank you for letting us know. Hopefully soon for us who are still waiting too!

Gio1908

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Ours Permanent resident still show Application Received:/ I hope that will update it soon. How long do you think takes to get PR after DM? we would like to travel outside of Canada on August, Im afraid that wont be possible:/
Even if you get DM and even landing interview with COPR, you will need a actual PR Card to re enter Canada after. You can't anymore just use your passport and CORP.

I've read that info in this thread. You can have a look
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/re-entering-canada-without-pr-card-only-copr-and-passport-by-plane.518707/

alexandroz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Hi:) Im July 2017 applicant, my husband done his medical exam end of the March, and his medical status changed to passed in the beginning of April. But we did not get any other update on our status. Im worried that they did not start his eligibility yet :/ is it normal? Anyone have idea how long will take to get decision? Thank you:) Our status look like that:
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
I'm a late June (29th) applicant and I'm still waiting for eligibility review to start as well.

justyna123

Apr 24, 2018
Reactions: Gio1908

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Hi @profiler

I am March 2017 applicant and my ECAS changes today from In Process/ Application recieved to In process / In process. What it does mean? Have been over a year already. Thank you!

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Today or yesterday because I didn't check my Ecas, on sponsored side (Permanent Residence Application Status) changed to "In process" from "Application Received" and on sponsor's side (Sponsorship Application Status) changed from "In process" to Application received". Nothing has been changed on MyCIC account.

Is this a good sign?
Same here.. ECAS changed .. No idea what it means

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
I check now and still in process.. :(
It might take a couple days. Don't worry:) I am March Applicant as well...and even though I received DM in mid March, I am still waiting for Etobicoke office to contact me for that final interview. Now that's annoying...

Reactions: Gio1908 and EGH

justyna123

Apr 24, 2018
What is your timeline?
Application received by CIC July 24 2017
Schedule A and Police Check send in September
Medical request March 19/2018
Medical done at end of the March
Medical passed in the beginning of April
Since today change on status of Sponsorship application from In process to Received and Permanent Application form Received to In process, no other messages from CIC.

justyna123

Apr 24, 2018
It might take a couple days. Don't worry:) I am March Applicant as well...and even though I received DM in mid March, I am still waiting for Etobicoke office to contact me for that final interview. Now that's annoying...
Who they will contact with? Sponsor or Applicant? My husband doesn't speak English very well, Im his representative, but once when I filled web form to ask about our application they said that they did not found any information that Im his representative:/

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
Who they will contact with? Sponsor or Applicant? My husband doesn't speak English very well, Im his representative, but once when I filled web form to ask about our application they said that they did not found any information that Im his representative:/
I'm a PA, they are supposed to contact me in this case. They only contacted my Sponsor once to let him know that he passed his eligibility to sponsor me. I am not sure how it works if you are a representative...Did you include this information in your application?