17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
canadasnk said:
Does anyone know the new rules for police clearances? I know under the old forms you had to submit one for any country lived in for 6 months or more since 18, but I hear under the new guidelines it says you only need one for where you've spent most of your life since 18? Can anyone confirm what is true?
My spouse has spent most of his life in South Africa since 18 but spent 7 months in Namibia at one point, so not sure if we need for both countries or just South Africa!

Thanks!!
As per the link on the checklist IMM5533E (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5525ETOC.asp#police) you need to send the Clearance only for the country that she leaved the most, but check your checklist to confirm that.
Also, because the Police Clearance should be sent when CIC requests you can wait to see what they will ask for

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018
Just got our application to link to GCKey after two days of frustration.

Heavily documented throughout the forum but will repeat for those members who are looking through this thread.

Identification: Application number + family name.
City of birth: put one space, do not type anything
Passport: leave all fields blank
Intended city to live in: Sponsor's address
Number of applicants: 2

haps22

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Request
15-01-2018
Med's Done....
16-01-2018
EGH said:
Hello All,

I am an inland applicant March 2017 . Has anybody received Sponsor approval? Just curious. I have only received AOR.

Regards
Hi! Fellow March 2017 applicant. So far only AOR with details of my husband's (sponsor) UCI and file number as well as my UCI and file number; emails received on April 8, 2017. No requests for Schedule A or Police Checks yet. Have you gotten any messages in your CIC account after the initial AOR?
Good luck with everything:)

polar25

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
its been 1 week since i received a message from my ecas that IRCC sent a message from MYCIC acount, but until now there were no message from my CIC account. anyone can help with my situation?

VarVarvara

Apr 16, 2017
Hi everyone :)

hope someone can advise me:

my husband is sponsoring me (he got Canadian citizenship a few years ago), inland app, we got married in Canada at the end of sept 2016 after a long distance relationship; we sent the OWP and PR apps at the begining of Jan, but it got returned, reason: the marriage certificate was missing (we thought the long form of marriage license we ordered online and marriage certificate are the same ???). After we sent it again at the beginning of Feb, we received the AOR on Feb 22, linked the app online, uploaded the police certificates.

My question is:
My passport will expire at the beginning of May 2017 (which is in a few weeks), I'm already waiting for the new passport, but my Visa will end once the passport will become not valid. Somewhere on this forum I've read that I will have to update my new passport info via myCIC.
Do I also have to apply for a Visa? will I have the implied status?
I assume the OWP will be issued based on the passport I mentioned initially in the application. I am not sure what am I supposed to do once I get my new passport, do I have to update the info in myCIC and this will be enough or I will have to apply once again for the OWP and pay the fees?

Thanks to anyone willing to help :D
Good luck to all the applicants!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
VarVarvara said:

my husband is sponsoring me (he got Canadian citizenship a few years ago), inland app, we got married in Canada at the end of sept 2016 after a long distance relationship; we sent the OWP and PR apps at the begining of Jan, but it got returned, reason: the marriage certificate was missing (we thought the long form of marriage license we ordered online and marriage certificate are the same ???). After we sent it again at the beginning of Feb, we received the AOR on Feb 22, linked the app online, uploaded the police certificates.

My question is:
My passport will expire at the beginning of May 2017 (which is in a few weeks), I'm already waiting for the new passport, but my Visa will end once the passport will become not valid. Somewhere on this forum I've read that I will have to update my new passport info via myCIC.
I assume the OWP will be issued based on the passport I mentioned initially in the application. I am not sure what am I supposed to do once I get my new passport, do I have to update the info in myCIC and this will be enough or I will have to apply once again for the OWP and pay the fees?

You have to apply again.

You can try to reach someone to notify of the passport renewal, so they can attach a message to the OWP application, but I don't think it will work. If you're trying that, call in as early as possible as soon as possible. If they haven't processed it, it may work out...

This is a common issue -- folks forget their travel passport expiry when they apply...you're not the first.

Brittanyyyc

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
Hello everyone. I have submitted my inland spousal sponsorship application to Mississauga since March. Accordinging to Canada post update. It was delivered on the 22nd of March. But following the update timeline here for the 2017. A lot of people have received their AOR. A lot of people that have submitted there application before and after me. I tried to go on the CIC website to link my account manually but my information was not found. I don't know if I have to wait for CIC to email me first or what the next step is.
Can anyone suggest what I can do next since I have not received mine AOR.
Application delivered to CIC on 22nd March 2017.
Your help will be truly appreciated.

polar25

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
abcdmud said:
There is a technical issue with myCIC website.

Call CIC if you can and ask them to resubmit the form. At this point you can ask them what information is required or what the form is requesting.

You can even submit a technical issue thtough IRCC webform, send them pic of the ECAS and myCIC showing that it states it it one, but not showing in the other.

I had the same issue, and they re-sent the form to me with a new deadline.
how long does it take for them to resend the requested form after you call and reported through technical issue.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VarVarvara said:

My question is:

I am not sure if the reason for your previous file return was correct. only a proof of marriage registration is required (they do not accept signed licence copy).

we also submitted my spouse's application with the long form of marriage licence (ordered online) and our application confirmation has been received. We have received the AOR and file is under process.

Did your previous file reach this stage ?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Pearl1 said:
I am not sure if the reason for your previous file return was correct. only a proof of marriage registration is required (they do not accept signed licence copy).

we also submitted my spouse's application with the long form of marriage licence (ordered online) and our application confirmation has been received. We have received the AOR and file is under process.

Did your previous file reach this stage ?
You cannot use licenses. The license is issued by the region or city/town that you are marrying in. This is done in person. This is not the same as the marriage certificate, which is ordered (typically online now) after the license has been exercised and used.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
profiler said:
You cannot use licenses. The license is issued by the region or city/town that you are marrying in. This is done in person. This is not the same as the marriage certificate, which is ordered (typically online now) after the license has been exercised and used.
i understand ... that is what i said - not just the licence but the long form of marriage licence (this is requested online after marriage ceremony)

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
profiler said:
but since we received AOR, i guess the application was considered complete.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Pearl1 said:
i understand ... that is what i said - not just the licence but the long form of marriage licence (this is requested online after marriage ceremony)
My point here is:
a: there is a difference (pointing it out for the OP)

b: there is actually no point at all in including it. It only makes your shipping more expensive, and CIC's processor's job harder (they now have to recycle your extra paperwork that is meaningless to them). The license only permits you to marry. Who's to say someone didn't get cold feet and not go through with it? By ordering the long form certificate you give them the details from the license and prove it has been completed.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
profiler said:
My point here is:
a: there is a difference (pointing it out for the OP)

b: there is actually no point at all in including it. It only makes your shipping more expensive, and CIC's processor's job harder (they now have to recycle your extra paperwork that is meaningless to them). The license only permits you to marry. Who's to say someone didn't get cold feet and not go through with it? By ordering the long form certificate you give them the details from the license and prove it has been completed.
pointing it out for the OP ? sorry, didn't get this part.

but yes, we ordered the longer version of the certificate. all I am trying to say is, this long form of certificate is accepted. actually asking, is it accepted ?

we received the AOR which makes me think it was accepted. but do not know why varVaravara's application was returned in the first place when they applied with this form.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Given that you cannot order a marriage license online, I suspect they were used in reverse order. Therefore, the initial return would be correct. As stated, licenses are not the same as certificates.

And the point of pointing that out, is if there is anywhere else that this occured (substitution), it could result in further problems. It was a hint to double check the rest of the submission.