00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
nataliengan said:
try to avoid to obtain your ohip at yonge sheppard location.it is the rudest service Ontario centre in toronto
Thanks Natalie.

We will go to the one at 25 St. Clair Avenue East. We went to that one for the SIN and everyone was great there.

bex0987

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
April 10, 2017 Request for Further Info
AOR Received.
23-07-2016
Med's Request
Approved
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
Not required.
browning911 said:
We have not tried yet because we were told that in order to qualify the employer must state that you will be employed full time for no less than 6 months. You must provide a letter from your employer indicating that you will be employed full time for no less than six months and bring it to Service Canada to apply for OHIP.

Correction: You will be employed for no less than 6 months
Hi Browning911 and original poster (sorry I dont remember your name)

I have been employed through various on and off contracts while i have been in Canada. I showed Service Ontario an original letter from my employer showing that i was currently employed on a full time basis (not for how long that contact was for) and i received an OHIP card for the entire time that my SIN card and work permit was valid for. I dont think you are supposed to have the OHIP card if you are not employed full time but it was never revoked when i have not been working.

bex0987

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
April 10, 2017 Request for Further Info
AOR Received.
23-07-2016
Med's Request
Approved
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
Not required.
I was wondering if anyone in this forum has had to prove that they have not worked in Canada for more than 4 years?

I have been in Canada 4 years in February and my current work visa runs out soon after that next year. I need to apply for an extension on my open work permit in case i do not get PR in time.

By the time my visa runs out i will have had two visas with a time period of two years each = 4 years. When i first arrived in Canada however I did not work for a period of 8 months and i went out of the country for a month also = 9 months of not working while having valid work visas.

I can prove that i didnt work by showing my tax records, pay stubs and flights to CIC, but i was just wondering if anyone has any advise or had issues with having to provide additional documentation to CIC?

What i am worried about it they will not allow me to have the bridging open work permit because they might look at it like - you could have worked during those 8 months and you didnt, so too bad...

Maybe its me being paranoid :eek: but id like to get ahead of the game once i sent in the application to extend my visa.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
bex0987 said:
Hi Browning911 and original poster (sorry I dont remember your name)

I have been employed through various on and off contracts while i have been in Canada. I showed Service Ontario an original letter from my employer showing that i was currently employed on a full time basis (not for how long that contact was for) and i received an OHIP card for the entire time that my SIN card and work permit was valid for. I dont think you are supposed to have the OHIP card if you are not employed full time but it was never revoked when i have not been working.
Thanks for your response Bex. Do live in the province of Ontario?

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
bex0987 said:
I was wondering if anyone in this forum has had to prove that they have not worked in Canada for more than 4 years?

I have been in Canada 4 years in February and my current work visa runs out soon after that next year. I need to apply for an extension on my open work permit in case i do not get PR in time.

By the time my visa runs out i will have had two visas with a time period of two years each = 4 years. When i first arrived in Canada however I did not work for a period of 8 months and i went out of the country for a month also = 9 months of not working while having valid work visas.

I can prove that i didnt work by showing my tax records, pay stubs and flights to CIC, but i was just wondering if anyone has any advise or had issues with having to provide additional documentation to CIC?

What i am worried about it they will not allow me to have the bridging open work permit because they might look at it like - you could have worked during those 8 months and you didnt, so too bad...

Maybe its me being paranoid :eek: but id like to get ahead of the game once i sent in the application to extend my visa.
Bex, I think you will be fine. You clearly have all the documentation that they may request. You also have a application in that is still being processed and you seem to have always ensure that you did the right thing by making sure your work permits were also kept valid.

I know someone with more experience will comment.

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
10-08-16 Background check started 29-07-16
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
bex0987 said:

bex far as I know, the limit of 4 years working on work permits in 8 years applies to everyone, the liberals haven't even commented on that piece of legislation...if you can prove the 9 months they "should" give you a new permit for those 9 months, but my understanding was it is totally in the processing officers hands, as on paper, you have reached your quota. This piece of nonsense was brought in at the same time as the TFW backlash in 2014, at that time it was used effectively to cull Temporary Workers who had been happily getting permit after permit for years, but had no chance of a successful PR and bring the numbers down FAST...I must admit, it worked.

So basically add those 9 months onto the current validity of your work permit...if the total is close <ish> to 14 months or so...I wouldn't really worry, with how things are going for Spousal PR now (my bet is processing, even for complex cases going down to 14 months at the end of everything..saving a year makes such a good soundbite by the minister). What they will not do is give you another 2 year permit, although you are entitled to exactly that.

lauralee15

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
29-4-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
6-7-2016
browning911 said:
Thanks Natalie.

We will go to the one at 25 St. Clair Avenue East. We went to that one for the SIN and everyone was great there.
Are Service Canada and Service Ontario two separate agencies? I didn't realize you could process both OHIP and SIN at same location?

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Canad1anAl1en said:
bex far as I know, the limit of 4 years working on work permits in 8 years applies to everyone, the liberals haven't even commented on that piece of legislation...if you can prove the 9 months they "should" give you a new permit for those 9 months, but my understanding was it is totally in the processing officers hands, as on paper, you have reached your quota. This piece of nonsense was brought in at the same time as the TFW backlash in 2014, at that time it was used effectively to cull Temporary Workers who had been happily getting permit after permit for years, but had no chance of a successful PR and bring the numbers down FAST...I must admit, it worked.

So basically add those 9 months onto the current validity of your work permit...if the total is close <ish> to 14 months or so...I wouldn't really worry, with how things are going for Spousal PR now (my bet is processing, even for complex cases going down to 14 months at the end of everything..saving a year makes such a good soundbite by the minister). What they will not do is give you another 2 year permit, although you are entitled to exactly that.
After AIP the 4 year limit is waived. I would think that the OWP which you are eligible to apply for as part of the 'pilot program' should be following the same exception to the 4 year rule for 'Permanent resident applicants who have received a positive selection decision or approval in principle'. If you didn't already apply with your PR application, you are still entitled to do so (paper application). After AIP I think you can do it online.

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
Staying at home doing nothing apparently makes my mind develop some of the most weirdest scenarios:

I have read on some threads that CIC has all the notes the Border Officer made when you entered Canada and they are cross checking them while evaluating your PR app. When I came here in May I declared that my purpose of the trip was to attend a wedding and be with some friends I've met in Germany. The officer asked if the weds were Canadian or German and I said they were Canadian, I met them in Germany. The only think I didn't tell was that it was my own wedding (my husband had been living in Germany for the past 9 years until he moved back here in 2015). But the officer never asked...

So what do you think, will that raise a red flag because I kinda of omitted a detail?

My second question is about the Case Specific Inquiry: do you have any idea how long it takes CIC to answer (and do they really answer?) if I send a cover letter (not a requested document) to explain some inconsistencies in my app?

Ringlands

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Canada-BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th May 2016
Doc's Request.
PCC requested 10th Aug-letter sent to advise already sent in appl.
AOR Received.
17th May &amp; 7th June 2016
IELTS Request
OWP approved 26th Aug
Med's Done....
Will send when requested
Risabh_Canada said:
We received police certificate request from CIC today . We already submitted it with application in March , Not sure why they require it again. Anybody in same boat
hi we i just got the same request for police cert. but we sent it in the original package. the pdf letter does say.. If you have not yet submitted the following documents, you must submit them to this office:
Police Certificate(s)

which makes me think it's ok as it says 'if you have not yet submitted...'

anyone else had this expericnce would be grateful what you did. i sent them my original and dont have any copies. so would have to pay again and wait for it to come from england

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
maria_mirabela said:
Staying at home doing nothing apparently makes my mind develop some of the most weirdest scenarios:

I have read on some threads that CIC has all the notes the Border Officer made when you entered Canada and they are cross checking them while evaluating your PR app. When I came here in May I declared that my purpose of the trip was to attend a wedding and be with some friends I've met in Germany. The officer asked if the weds were Canadian or German and I said they were Canadian, I met them in Germany. The only think I didn't tell was that it was my own wedding (my husband had been living in Germany for the past 9 years until he moved back here in 2015). But the officer never asked...

So what do you think, will that raise a red flag because I kinda of omitted a detail?

My second question is about the Case Specific Inquiry: do you have any idea how long it takes CIC to answer (and do they really answer?) if I send a cover letter (not a requested document) to explain some inconsistencies in my app?
I sent a CSE and got a response in 13 business days saying 'We can confirm the reception of the documents.'

I don't think that officer wrote anything down. It doesn't matter anyway because you managed to trick them with your clever wordplay and now you are in Canada already and applying for an inland application. I wouldn't worry about it, people on the forums are just being paranoid.

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Ringlands said:
hi we i just got the same request for police cert. but we sent it in the original package. the pdf letter does say.. If you have not yet submitted the following documents, you must submit them to this office:
Police Certificate(s)

which makes me think it's ok as it says 'if you have not yet submitted...'

anyone else had this expericnce would be grateful what you did. i sent them my original and dont have any copies. so would have to pay again and wait for it to come from england
Same boat as you. I sent a copy of the one I had along with a note saying that the original was with the original application. Someone else on this forum phoned CIC and got the same advice. I wouldn't just ignore it because of that 'if', send them a note saying it was included with the original package and if they need any more information to contact you, etc etc.

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
@polarvolcano, thx for the reassurance ;D
was not really my intention to trick anyone, I just had no clue what to say and being so tired after an almost 20 hours flight, it just... slipped. Now i have to roll with it.
PS: now I think I am paranoid :-\

cesedebe

Jun 29, 2016
polarvolcano said:
Same boat as you. I sent a copy of the one I had along with a note saying that the original was with the original application. Someone else on this forum phoned CIC and got the same advice. I wouldn't just ignore it because of that 'if', send them a note saying it was included with the original package and if they need any more information to contact you, etc etc.
Hello,
I got the same request to provide a police certificate. I included a letter in my original package stating why I couldn't get a police certificate from that particular country.
I read somewhere on the application that a letter to justify absence of a police certificate would suffice, so I'm wondering why CIC would request it again.

Any suggestions on what to do? And they asked that it be sent to Vegreville which is strange because I sent my paper application to Mississauga.

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
cesedebe said:
And they asked that it be sent to Vegreville which is strange because I sent my paper application to Mississauga.
Maybe Mississauga send some of the cases to Vegreville in order to work on the backlog reduction or you have applied for OWP or some other type of TRV that is normally processed in Vegreville. It's just a guess...