00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Canad1anAl1en said:
phoned the CIC helpline today...only took 17 attempts spaced over 3 hours from 8am to get beyond the automated system and after a 34 minute wait speak to an agent. All I wanted was to find out if I'm in the pool for speedier processing (i'e look for the SAR program code on my notes)...the agent wouldn't even open my file. Refused point blank, you will get processed when you get processed was her answer. 3 hours for a 4 minute conversation...

What can you do?

I'll schedule another 3 hours trying to get through for later in the month...sucker for punishment.
Wow. :eek: I do not even know what to say? Did she even ask when you had submitted your application?

BTW, what is the SAR program code?

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Ringlands said:
hi just a quick one, i have the same timeline as ALAM as we got both our AOR's on the same days but Alam has got OWP at the start of August but i still do not have mine. tried to call CIC twice today but it said the call volumes were so high it wouldnt even put me in the queue to speak to someone.
Same here. I tried this afternoon and could not get live agent.

preet05

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Hello Friends,

Congrats to those who received OWP and all the best to who are still waiting.

Can any one help me in letting know what will be the third line that will be updated on my CIC account. And when can i expect to receive the OWP.

Current status shows like below:-
Received application for PR on May5, 2016.
Medical results have been received.
?
?
?

Thanks in advance freinds

muusehisman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
Those who are able to link their applications to cic account,what does your status say when you have already received AIP?

jcooper

Jan 22, 2016
muusehisman said:
Those who are able to link their applications to cic account,what does your status say when you have already received AIP?
Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents ----
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed In Progress
Final decision Not Started

Alam EIT

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
jcooper said:
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of eligibility Not started
Review of medical results Not needed at this time

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
10-08-16 Background check started 29-07-16
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
browning911 said:
Wow. :eek: I do not even know what to say? Did she even ask when you had submitted your application?

BTW, what is the SAR program code?
Thats the unique code for the Streamlining program..It's either SAR or SIR (not sure which)..the "red flag" for the persons processing to not sit on the application, someone asked about it in a post ages ago on this thread after seeing it on their GCMS notes...if you order your GCMS notes it will say ***Identified for SAR*** or something of that irk (in other words your application is straightforward), just with the background check being instigated after only 2 months, and no other action beyond AOR's I was hoping to get it confirmed I was being streamlined.

I was trying to avoid having to order the GCMS notes and wait 30 days, by having the agent take a look...but guess I will now. Although part of me is actually thinking "a watched pot never boils" and "what will be, will be"

At a guess I would say it stands for Spousal Application Reduction?

Again, educated guess here, but civil servants being target based, and having a new liberal minister breathing down their necks who wants to see election promises being delivered, a team would have reviewed the applications, or used a computer program to identify the "right" applications, and rightly or wrongly picked those that, are the easiest to approve in a short time frame to show compliance with the targets. Mostly, first world, no long wait for background checks etc, no question on relationship etc etc

It would be interesting if we ran an exercise to see if this theory holds water, those that have an "out of place" background check what is the nationality of the sponsored person...I'm UK, and my check is UK only (no other country besides birth country and Canada of residence), so should take about 2-3 months. I'm also married to my spouse, so no issues on proving relationship.

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
10-08-16 Background check started 29-07-16
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
3rd June Applicant..mycic below.

Review of eligibility Not started
Review of medical results Not needed at this time

758IG

Dec 14, 2015
Ive noticed on the spreadsheet that most of May applicants have all gotten their AOR2 on June 29th.... And I thought I didnt get my AOR2 but I did... I think things are definitely speeding up ...

matthars

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
2-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
20-APR-2016
Med's Request
16-MAR-2017
Med's Done....
07-APR-2017
Interview........
17-MAY-2017
LANDED..........
22-JUN-2017
Has anyone ordered GCMS notes and if so, which stage of the process were you at? Were they informative?

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Canad1anAl1en said:
Thats the unique code for the Streamlining program..It's either SAR or SIR (not sure which)..the "red flag" for the persons processing to not sit on the application, someone asked about it in a post ages ago on this thread after seeing it on their GCMS notes...if you order your GCMS notes it will say ***Identified for SAR*** or something of that irk (in other words your application is straightforward), just with the background check being instigated after only 2 months, and no other action beyond AOR's I was hoping to get it confirmed I was being streamlined.

I was trying to avoid having to order the GCMS notes and wait 30 days, by having the agent take a look...but guess I will now. Although part of me is actually thinking "a watched pot never boils" and "what will be, will be"

Again, educated guess here, but civil servants being target based, and having a new liberal minister breathing down their necks who wants to see election promises being delivered, a team would have reviewed the applications, or used a computer program to identify the "right" applications, and rightly or wrongly picked those that, are the easiest to approve in a short time frame to show compliance with the targets. Mostly, first world, no long wait for background checks etc, no question on relationship etc etc

It would be interesting if we ran an exercise to see if this theory holds water, those that have an "out of place" background check what is the nationality of the sponsored person...I'm UK, and my check is UK only (no other country besides birth country and Canada of residence), so should take about 2-3 months. I'm also married to my spouse, so no issues on proving relationship.
Thanks for the explanation CanadianAlien!

I am currently waiting online to speak to a CIC representative and the automated messages says they are working on applications received before March 2016.

On My CIC it says the following:

Review of eligibility Not Started
Review of submitted documents
A background check is needed Not Started Help

We have ordered the GCMS notes.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
I am now speaking to to CIC representative and she is so nice. :D She indicated that everything looks fine and for now they have all the documents that they need. We are currently not in the stream for clearing backlog right now and if this changes, we will be notified. :(

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
preet05 said:
Hello Friends,

Congrats to those who received OWP and all the best to who are still waiting.

Can any one help me in letting know what will be the third line that will be updated on my CIC account. And when can i expect to receive the OWP.

Current status shows like below:-
Received application for PR on May5, 2016.
Medical results have been received.
?
?
?

Thanks in advance freinds
Hi Preet. OWP takes roughly 4 to 5 months. Some people get it before but that time. I know I was checking every day for it and suddenly I saw that it was approved in My CIC account then I received the work permit in the mail the next week. Ours took 110 days.

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
Hi,

So I have just received the second AOR today. Should I be relieved now that my app is complete and there's nothing missing? I have read that the 2nd AOR stands for passing a completeness check too. Also, I noticed that a lot of people received this on the same date (most letters are issued on June 10 and June 29, as the spreadsheet says), so you think this comes in batches?

Thanks.

vancouvernick

Oct 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 28, 2015
AOR Received.
Feb. 25, 2016
Med's Request
May 20, 2016
Med's Done....
May 20, 2016
LANDED..........
Aug. 4, 2016
Canad1anAl1en said:

It's "SIR" program which stands for "spouse inventory reduction" exercise (see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2016/ob624.asp)

I don't think you need to worry about SIR code at all, everybody is on this program basically but SIR code doesn't necessarily show up on your file. I compared my GCMS notes with other people on the forum, they said they got SIR code noted but I didn't (I read line to line through the entire thing and still couldn't find it). But at the end when I landed, the SIR code was noted on my Confirmation of PR letter