Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
ayien05 said:
Sir/Mam, how to link my paper application to my online account? Can I do the OWP through online app? Or it has to be paper as well together with the spousal form? if yes, do I mail them separately or together?
Some days I wish it was Mam.... profiler (or my new moniker, CicWhisper) will do :).

When CIC receives your application, and has decided it's complete, they will send you a text/email/letter to indicate your application number, etc. Then you can link using myCIC. No, send them together as paper. We sent them in the same package. 4 months later an OWP was in the mailbox...

ripper44

Nov 24, 2016
Good morning Profiler. I would like to confirm something you said earlier. When the CIC asks for PCC from the Sponsored and all family members over 18, the Sponsor (myself, Canadian citizen) does NOT need to do a PCC, even if I spent most of my adult life in another country.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
ripper44 said:
Good morning Profiler. I would like to confirm something you said earlier. When the CIC asks for PCC from the Sponsored and all family members over 18, the Sponsor (myself, Canadian citizen) does NOT need to do a PCC, even if I spent most of my adult life in another country.
1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% (more zero's perhaps???)

Sponsors (ESPECIALLY Canadians!) do NOT require PCC's. The only time is when an employer might ask for one. Otherwise, the police/RCMP/Government have the means to request the info from the Public Safety ministry by way of RCMP's CPIC database. Which, they can do within seconds.

I was asked to provide one for my present employer (on top of the security clearance they ran). Our local regional police was able to complete my request faster than their debit machine could take the money from me...

BTW it's after lunch here :)

ayien05

Star Member
Feb 19, 2017
LONDON ONTARIO CANADA
profiler said:
Some days I wish it was Mam.... profiler (or my new moniker, CicWhisper) will do :).

When CIC receives your application, and has decided it's complete, they will send you a text/email/letter to indicate your application number, etc. Then you can link using myCIC. No, send them together as paper. We sent them in the same package. 4 months later an OWP was in the mailbox...
This might be stupid question but should I do the regular mail or with a courier?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
ayien05 said:
This might be stupid question but should I do the regular mail or with a courier?
Totally opinion here (so, not stupid, philosophical) Glass is half, and courier + signature. ALWAYS. Then you have someone you can blame (and finger point with CIC)...

legolg

May 10, 2016
GTA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2016
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-04-2016 & AOR 2 10-06-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
04-11-2016; Passed end of March 2017
Interview........
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
27-07-2017
I receivedd a message in mycic today and there seems to be an issue with the dates ii put down for my cohibitation. The officer doesn't think I've been with my common law partner for the required one year. Help. How do I prove this? What do I say? I'm shaking I'm so upset

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
legolg said:
I receivedd a message in mycic today and there seems to be an issue with the dates ii put down for my cohibitation. The officer doesn't think I've been with my common law partner for the required one year. Help. How do I prove this? What do I say? I'm shaking I'm so upset
Don't worry here. First, you must relax. They are looking at your case :)!

Did they describe the problem with the dates? What were they? If you want, shoot me a PM and I can help you there (if you don't want public forum for the details)...

beate1961

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Nov.24
AOR Received.
Dec. 10-17-016
Med's Request
01-11-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
profiler said:
Heya Beate,
You need to get an FBI identity package...
Identity package??? Help, now I am confused. I followed the link from CIC and ended up with the FBI application form. Since hubby has been living here ( got his visa extended too, yay), I thought I just get is finger prints from the RCMP. Am I wrong? I was a bit concerned as the RCMP receptionist said it could take up to 2 -4 weeks whereas the FBI site is telling me it can take over 60 days..eeeekkk

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
legolg said:
Sorry to read that...
Can you find some old bills with both names on it, or from different companies with one name on it but the same address for both? That should be a solid proof.
Perhaps, having notarized letter from parents stating you were living together since a given date would also be a solid proof.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
beate1961 said:
Identity package??? Help, now I am confused. I followed the link from CIC and ended up with the FBI application form. Since hubby has been living here ( got his visa extended too, yay), I thought I just get is finger prints from the RCMP. Am I wrong? I was a bit concerned as the RCMP receptionist said it could take up to 2 -4 weeks whereas the FBI site is telling me it can take over 60 days..eeeekkk
No, he isn't allow to "live" here. He is only temporary until he gets the PR. Has he lived most of his adult (18 yrs old) life in Canada, or in the US? If US, you need the FBI package. You order it, then submit that receipt via a Case Specific Enquiry to CIC (and advise them of the time required). They are well aware, so they will just wait...

I suspect you can use channellers too, but I don't know this process at all. Wife can get a Russian PCC pretty easily, with the appropriate bribe (after 4 ridiculous phone calls that reminded here of being in Moscow; NOT AT ALL HELPFUL).

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
sylvain1 said:
Sorry to read that...
Can you find some old bills with both names on it, or from different companies with one name on it but the same address for both? That should be a solid proof.
Perhaps, having notarized letter from parents stating you were living together since a given date would also be a solid proof.
Statutory Declarations would probably work (it's equivalent to court testimony under oath). But again, need to know specifics. There is a real easy way to solve this -- go to the local courthouse and get hitched! Anyway, yeah need more info..

beate1961

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Nov.24
AOR Received.
Dec. 10-17-016
Med's Request
01-11-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
profiler said:
Vegreville is a hint that it was automated....
They typically do pre-clearance and clearing of TRV's (Study, Work, etc), but they also used to do PR's, until it was deemed they were terribly slow (there is about 2 people who live in Vegreville), so they moved production to Mississauga, where the CPC has more resources. CPC-M is constantly overloaded, so occasionally they ship some of the work back to CPC-V before they close then burn it...

#CicHistoryLesson
Wonderful.. of course that's what ours said too. yeah, they are closing the office soon and everything is moved over to Edmonton, which is very close to us.. But, time is ticking....I think I will buy an aromatherapy kit.. and a case of beer in case the Oilers embarrass themselves like yesterday lol