Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
carolbb23 said:
@profiler our last date our file or my hubby file got updated on Tuesday October 25,2016 and I think yours too congratulations @misk
Do you mean this date? It's also outside of ECAS's login page...

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
@profiler yes sir

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
carolbb23 said:
@profiler yes sir
That's a stylesheet change (a change to the way the page might look). That is just telling you when the page itself changed, and not the records changed. Note I wasn't even logged into ECAS when it gave me that?

Benlie

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Hi i just wonder iam holding OWP right now , my current Post graduation visa expires Jan 2017 so Can i apply for visitor visa to get in and out of canada ? And my OWP will be permit for me to work in canada .Can i do this way to travel out of canada while i am able to work? Thanks

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Benlie said:
Hi i just wonder iam holding OWP right now , my current Post graduation visa expires Jan 2017 so Can i apply for visitor visa to get in and out of canada ? And my OWP will be permit for me to work in canada .Can i do this way to travel out of canada while i am able to work? Thanks
You can. The problem is CBSA could refuse you entry. They can refuse entry for any reason. If they do refuse (re)entry, then the CIC could deem your application abandoned.

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
profiler said:
You can. The problem is CBSA could refuse you entry. They can refuse entry for any reason. If they do refuse (re)entry, then the CIC could deem your application abandoned.
Just a quick note on this. When you're applying for visitor visa INSIDE CANADA you don't get the normal sticker on your passport like you do when you apply outside. What they give you is an official doc that looks like the WP but it's called "visitor record". On the bottom of the page it says: this doesn't authorize re-entry. At least that's what I got. Basically it's a valid temporary status you get while you're in the country waiting for PR. Anyway, I dunno if that's the common practice but this is how I interpret my document.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
maria_mirabela said:
Just a quick note on this. When you're applying for visitor visa INSIDE CANADA you don't get the normal sticker on your passport like you do when you apply outside. What they give you is an official doc that looks like the WP but it's called "visitor record". On the bottom of the page it says: this doesn't authorize re-entry. At least that's what I got. Basically it's a valid temporary status you get while you're in the country waiting for PR. Anyway, I dunno if that's the common practice but this is how I interpret my document.
For the same forms?? Like you apply for a Visitor Visa, and they issue you a Visitor Record? Wt*?

Well, I will draw from maria_mirabela's experiences here. We didn't ask for a Visitor Visa renewal for my wife, as hers is still valid until some time in 2017. Her last passport was valid to 2017, but before she returned to start the process, she got a new passport and paid to "transfer" the visa from the old to the new passport. It only took a business day, and it was better than waiting another 30 days without her..

mskoalified

Nov 3, 2016
maria_mirabela said:
baby shower + landing party !!!!
YESSSSSS!

profiler said:
Congrats... babies are fun... is it your first? If not, your Aries baby may share a birthday with the crazy profiler..

If you sent the app via courier and they receive it tomorrow (I think I recall your SO has OHIP -- so an Ontarian?), then they have to issue the OWP by March 4th. So it should be sorted in time for the baby fun...
It is our first, so who knows when the critter will decide to arrive ;D

Sent by expresspost within Toronto, should be there today! Have a tracking number to check... I'll be on that all day until I see 'delivered.' It's currently 'in transit,' woo!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
mskoalified said:
It is our first, so who knows when the critter will decide to arrive ;D

Sent by expresspost within Toronto, should be there today! Have a tracking number to check... I'll be on that all day until I see 'delivered.' It's currently 'in transit,' woo!
First ones are apparently *always* late. My son was 8 days late. They even did a work up on him a day before he was born to make sure everything was ok still.

Pro Tip: I always hold CTRL and press F5 to reload pages for status updates. Sometimes the browser caches the text on the page. Holding CTRL and hitting F5 will instruct the browser to clear the cache and pull down a new copy of the page. Just in case (I wouldn't want you to not know, and you'd miss that precious 3 minutes :) )

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
profiler said:
For the same forms?? Like you apply for a Visitor Visa, and they issue you a Visitor Record? Wt*?
Yeah. I applied for ROS which was the same as visitor visa inside Canada and the document I got says visitor record valid from oct 2016 to oct 2018. Also, I had to submit the same type of supporting documents as I did for my first visitor visa in my home country. It's not that bad, they will lift the visas for RO next year anyway...

Bazi

Jun 18, 2016
Quick question guys,
I just landed recently and still waiting for PR card. Can I send my spousal application without the PR card?
We've been living in Canada since 2011.
Thanks

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
maria_mirabela said:
Yeah. I applied for ROS which was the same as visitor visa inside Canada and the document I got says visitor record valid from oct 2016 to oct 2018. Also, I had to submit the same type of supporting documents as I did for my first visitor visa in my home country. It's not that bad, they will lift the visas for RO next year anyway...
Bulgaria too. But I see what happened now. The visitor record was issued because you were out of status (that's a procedure thing). The CBSA issues them at the border when they are permitting entry when they have reasons not to. It's an accountability thing. Besides, this time next year, you will be a PR and you won't have to worry about visas anymore :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Bazi said:
Quick question guys,
I just landed recently and still waiting for PR card. Can I send my spousal application without the PR card?
We've been living in Canada since 2011.
Thanks
I don't understand the question. Could you restate it for me? Who are you sponsoring??

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
profiler said:
I don't understand the question. Could you restate it for me? Who are you sponsoring??
I think he just landed and he wants to sponsor a spouse (cause that;s the thread here) but had no card yet.... Am I close?