Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
maria_mirabela said:
Where exactly do you have this 2 columns? In myCIC account is only 1...
Anyway, my guess is that you have the SA and probably will be followed by the AIP. As I said, just a guess...
Ecas from the sponsors view...

sheisoptimistic

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga to Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
29-APR-2016 / AIP 14-JUL-2016
File Transfer...
05-JUL-2016
Med's Request
14-JUL-2016
Med's Done....
27-JUL-2016
Interview........
Etobicoke
Passport Req..
17-JUN-2016
maria_mirabela said:
That's odd... I always check with the app no; when I use my details I get the "app received status". When I use my husband's (sponsor), I get nothing found. But that's probably because I am a mid July applicant and they didn't begin trhe process yet.
I had that problem in the beginning before they sent him a letter with his own uci number.

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
sheisoptimistic said:
I had that problem in the beginning before they sent him a letter with his own uci number.
My husband had his UCI with the AOR letter and I have had it for a while, since I had previous visas issued before applying to PR.

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Just spoke with the Service Canada over the phone, I was advised i can try to apply for SIN using the PDF file copy received from the CIC stating:

"Your application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident has been approved. A secure document has
been mailed to you at the address that you provided when you made your application. If you have not received
your secure document within six weeks,contact CIC."

Permit - WP-EXT / Permis - PT-PROR - Validity - Document Number

But theres no assurance. Actually the agent is not really sure about this because based on the instructions there's no specific document stated to show on applying SIN. anyway there's no harm in trying.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
pedropil said:
Just spoke with the Service Canada over the phone, I was advised i can try to apply for SIN using the PDF file copy received from the CIC stating:

"Your application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident has been approved. A secure document has
been mailed to you at the address that you provided when you made your application. If you have not received
your secure document within six weeks,contact CIC."

Permit - WP-EXT / Permis - PT-PROR - Validity - Document Number

But theres no assurance. Actually the agent is not really sure about this because based on the instructions there's no specific document stated to show on applying SIN. anyway there's no harm in trying.
There has to be a means to validate the WP number and details with the CIC. So when you try, if they give you a hard time, ask them how they validate the documents they suspect are fakes.

Like certificates or accredations, there has to be a means they can double check the documents are not forged. How would an employer validate it?

To be honest, a SIN (temporary) is nothing more than a tax account that you can use to access social services (when you habe your permanent SIN). I don't see why they wouldn't try to help...

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
profiler said:
There has to be a means to validate the WP number and details with the CIC. So when you try, if they give you a hard time, ask them how they validate the documents they suspect are fakes.

Like certificates or accredations, there has to be a means they can double check the documents are not forged. How would an employer validate it?

To be honest, a SIN (temporary) is nothing more than a tax account that you can use to access social services (when you habe your permanent SIN). I don't see why they wouldn't try to help...
I guess they don't want to do that, calling CIC. On what i've experienced, they want the original or concrete documents especially in applying Driver's license.

Mizzcari

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
pedropil said:
Based on what i've read on this forum before, if you submitted your inland application when you are already out of status, if you apply together with OWP you will get an approval once your are appoved as applicant AIP which normally takes a year or so. Try to apply for the restoration of status, once you get approved, send an OWP application.

I shoul be getting AIP around February
Thank you so much for answering my question. If i apply for the OWP in November, would it be issued at the Same time as the AIP? Instead of waiting for the AIP then applying for OWP which will take another 4 months

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Mizzcari said:
Thank you so much for answering my question. If i apply for the OWP in November, would it be issued at the Same time as the AIP? Instead of waiting for the AIP then applying for OWP which will take another 4 months
You can apply. It can take up to 4 months from when you apply to be approved.

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Mizzcari said:
it's up to you. but if you dont want to apply for the restoration of status, you can submit now your OWP and expect it after your AIP.

hsiehsy

Jan 28, 2016
Need an advise urgently....

I have sent my PR application with OWP application yesterday, it will arrive to CIC in a day or two, but i just realized today, that i only paid 100 for OWP holder instead of 255. What should i do now? i have called CIC this morning and the rep told me to stay put until they inform me the issue of the underpayment. But my consultant said differently, she asked me to sent entire package again (with the correct number on the receipt) to CIC that includes PR application as well and the reason of doing this is the officer will most likely gets confused if i only resubmit the OWP application.

Anyone had the same experience? or any suggestions are welcome.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
hsiehsy said:
Need an advise urgently....

I have sent my PR application with OWP application yesterday, it will arrive to CIC in a day or two, but i just realized today, that i only paid 100 for OWP holder instead of 255. What should i do now? i have called CIC this morning and the rep told me to stay put until they inform me the issue of the underpayment. But my consultant said differently, she asked me to sent entire package again (with the correct number on the receipt) to CIC that includes PR application as well and the reason of doing this is the officer will most likely gets confused if i only resubmit the OWP application.

Anyone had the same experience? or any suggestions are welcome.
You did pay, just not enough. They probably will send you a notice to pay the difference, and how to remit that payment. Doing anything at this point could just delay your PR even more.

hsiehsy

Jan 28, 2016
profiler said:
You did pay, just not enough. They probably will send you a notice to pay the difference, and how to remit that payment. Doing anything at this point could just delay your PR even more.
Won't this cause refusal of my OWP? I have read lots ppl got refusal instead of asking for remittance after few months, and then another 4 months after resubmission.
I am a bit concerned right now.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
hsiehsy said:
Won't this cause refusal of my OWP? I have read lots ppl got refusal instead of asking for remittance after few months, and then another 4 months after resubmission.
I am a bit concerned right now.
We were liberal with our payment into the CIC. Anything that looked like we should pay, we did (turns out we got just the right amount). So I cannot speak from experience here.

You have paid the amount that you thought you had to pay. I cannot see them just refusing it without asking you to first pay the difference. Similarly, if you apply for a PR, and didn't pay the RPRF, they won't refuse your PR because you hadn't paid it. They just won't issue the PR until you pay it.

Just an opinion here, of course. You may want to ask another call centre agent to see what other answers they give..

hsiehsy

Jan 28, 2016
profiler said:
We were liberal with our payment into the CIC. Anything that looked like we should pay, we did (turns out we got just the right amount). So I cannot speak from experience here.

You have paid the amount that you thought you had to pay. I cannot see them just refusing it without asking you to first pay the difference. Similarly, if you apply for a PR, and didn't pay the RPRF, they won't refuse your PR because you hadn't paid it. They just won't issue the PR until you pay it.

Just an opinion here, of course. You may want to ask another call centre agent to see what other answers they give..
I guess i will have to collect more suggestions before next action, hope it won't be too late then.
Thanks bro, and gl :)