Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
August 09, 2016
I asked, because the new policy is to grant SA closer to when the application was submitted. So if you said 2017, it may mean nothing.

In this context, I agree with @sylvain1 that you will likely see a DM on your side in the coming days!

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Thanks and how long does it take for landing from now ?? I m in Vancouver
Hard to say until you get your DM. But if they finished your security checks and they are satisfied with the proofs you submitted for your relationship, it will go fast.

Reactions: gursimrand

gursimrand

Jul 11, 2017
I asked, because the new policy is to grant SA closer to when the application was submitted. So if you said 2017, it may mean nothing.

In this context, I agree with @sylvain1 that you will likely see a DM on your side in the coming days!
Application received on Aug 09, 2016
And dm on July 14, 2017 on my wife's side

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Application received on Aug 09, 2016
And dm on July 14, 2017 on my wife's side
They work on saturdays, you might want to check again tomorrow evening. I do think, that if you have all the paperwork they want, you should see DM on your side very quickly.

rizaki

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
In the first month, do you mean April-May 2016?
If so... you might have to redo it. Medical exams are valid only a year. Their validity might be extended, but no guarantee, it's at the discretion of the CIC agent.
if I recall the exact words from the recording when I called, they said "medical report accepted" I will have to call and listen again for exact words, but it sounded like the medical was fine

Reactions: sylvain1

sahiljain22

Sep 10, 2016
Hi folks, my wife is a September 2016 applicant, just got a request for medical last week and got it done this week. Police certs also requested 2 months ago and sent. SA/AIP/DM pending. Is it reasonable to assume she will be on track to get her PR in the next few months? We have been itching to go on a vacation and introduce our 6 month old to his great grandparents. FWIW, she has a OWP & visitor visa but works for a US firm who has let her work from Canada during the inland sponsorship/maternity process.

Reactions: profiler

rizaki

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
Hi folks, my wife is a September 2016 applicant, just got a request for medical last week and got it done this week. Police certs also requested 2 months ago and sent. SA/AIP/DM pending. Is it reasonable to assume she will be on track to get her PR in the next few months? We have been itching to go on a vacation and introduce our 6 month old to his great grandparents. FWIW, she has a OWP & visitor visa but works for a US firm who has let her work from Canada during the inland sponsorship/maternity process.

what I have learned through this process is you can't expect any timeline, it is impossible to say or know. We were hoping to be done long ago but still waiting, had DM on Sponsor a couple months ago and then nothing, still waiting April 2016 applicant

we were hoping to go on vacation to see family this summer, but that is obviously not going to happen, scared to plan for a Christmas trip now not wanting to get disappointed again

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
That is a reasonable assumption, however no one can know for sure. It often depends on security checks (different from simple background checks). The fact that they requested your medical recently is a good sign that they want everything ready for September. My assumption is that with US citizens, the security checks are probably much easier and much faster to do.

Reactions: sahiljain22

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
if I recall the exact words from the recording when I called, they said "medical report accepted" I will have to call and listen again for exact words, but it sounded like the medical was fine
Great if they still accept your medical results. In the case of Profiler's wife, the medical was also passed/accepted, but they had to redo it anyway before getting their DM, because it was expired. I remember other people though that got their medical validity extended. I wish you won't have to redo it.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
We can't tell you for certain, but I am pretty good at guessing. The fact that you're in the time range that they are working in, and they've asked for a medical, I would suggest watching ECAS for a DM on the sponsorship side (this will result in SA).

Medicals are generally not requested until a case is expected to reach stage 2. (admissibility). In March, they sent us the redo for my wife's medical on the day we got SA (within an hour).

I had my MP call the next morning, because I was pissed that they didn't extend them. It was revealed that they wanted us to get them done as fast as possible, because everything else was done and they were ready to give her a DM once they had a valid medical. We couldn't get an appointment for 3 weeks.

A week to the minute after SA, CICs systems sent us the AIP form letter, then a week later a receipt that they issued a refund in my RPRF over pay.

Two days after the medical was submitted, they accepted it. A week later she had a DM. She landed 9 days later.

This isn't the norm, by any means. But the story was offered to illustrate that they usually don't ask for the medical, unless they expect the case will soon reach stage 2 (where they need Medical, Security and Criminality results to decide). To land, they need a valid medical, a valid security assessment, and proof of RPRF payment.

I hope they give you a decision soon!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
That is a reasonable assumption, however no one can know for sure. It often depends on security checks (different from simple background checks). The fact that they requested your medical recently is a good sign that they want everything ready for September. My assumption is that with US citizens, the security checks are probably much easier and much faster to do.
Reports are that they apparently are screening american-canadian couples a little more closely because Trumpocalypse. That's the report anyway, and if I recall, the reason was a spike in fraud.

If I recall correctly, it was @kokopelli that mentioned her rep stated it..

Last edited:
Reactions: sylvain1

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Got a back up and brought in reinforcement. . . we had threats but nothing . . . so am marching on with repairs
Good show.

Weather out that way can get bad, fast