+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship Forms

Alicia74

Aug 10, 2009
Hi all,

I am applying outland and would like some help on the following questions:-

Application For Permanent Residence in Canada (IMM008)
Ques. 15 - Should I list the address that I am staying in Canada

Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire (IMM5490)
Ques. 24 and 25 Wants to know if we visit each other

Ques. 28 - Are you currently living with your spouse?
Ques. 30 - Do you receive financial support from your sponsor
What kind of evidence can you provide.

Thanks in advance

raycrawford

Star Member
Dec 27, 2008
It would be alot easier to answer your questions if you gave more detail?

I can only assume you are the principal applicant and living in Canada with your sponsor and doing and outland spousal PR application?

Question #15 You need to put the address where you are currently living, that is the address CIC will use to mail you any correspondence.

Question #24 and 25 If you have an address in Canada obviously you are visiting your spouse, you need to say yes and put the dates you have been in Canada, show your passport stamps, flight tickets etc to verify this.

If your sponsor has visited you in your country, you need to do the same thing. Put the dates he visited you and copies of his passport stamps and if available his airline tickets.

Question #28 If you have an address in Canada I assume you are living with your spouse, so you answer YES.

Question #30 Most outland spousal applications, the Canadian goes to the principal applicants country, they marry there and the sponsor returns to Canada to work. Most sponsors, especially if they are sponsoring a spouse from a third world country supply some sort of financial support, they prove this with copies of Western Union receipts, money transfer receipts to joint accounts etc.

If you are living with your spouse in Canada you simply explain what your financial arrangement is. Perhaps your sponsor gives you a certain amount of money each month and you are responsible for certain bills etc. Or if hes lucky your are independentely wealthy and give him a certain amount of money :)

Not sure if I answered all your questions, it would be interesting and helpful to know your situation in more detail.

Hope this helps somewhat,

Regards,

Raymond.

Echevers91

May 1, 2017
Hello my name is Miguel. I am Canadian citizen. I currently live in Nicaragua where my fiancée is from. We are about to get married in a couple of months. We've been together for 2 years. I want to do and Outland Sponsorship. I recently did my income tax, I haven't been in welfare for at least 3 years. Never been bankrupt, and never had criminal record. I am currently enrolled in a union for cement Masonry. My dues are currently paid. I have that as back up since I read that if a Sponsorship process is done this way then a plan must be presented to Canada immigration offices. So right now we are working in Nicaragua. I do have an adresss in Canada at a friend's house. And the union as back up. I think things should work out. I just wanted to know if someone has any advice about how things should be done so the process is completed in time and accurately. It would be nice if somebody could help me with the forms I actually need. How the process really goes and the possible time frames. I'd really appreciate advice and help. Anyone can reply this message or contact me at me email which is engineer.castro91@gmail.com . Thanks a lot for your support