Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
jhutti said:
Out of 50K ,around 15-20% old cases (10K) will face rejection due to reasons ranging from income proof, dependent child & medical issue. The more longer wait, the more rejections. 2017 or 2018 is my gut feeling for new cases for 2014/2015. Rest we will know with time.

Anyone get his/her CC charged please share.....
Some might even pull back realizing the lengthy times and complex process... lol....

gks_2012

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Any one noticed a question in the one of the forms asking whether English assessment done by standard assessment agency ? I feel like they might even expect parents/grandparents to have English assessment done. Worrisome...

inLinE6

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
For those of you who chose Credit Card as payment option, did you inform your Credit Card company about this upcoming charge? It's not huge amount so I haven't done so, but wondered if the Credit Card company may decline the charge for whatever reason? Credit limit is not a concern of course.

polaroffer

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
gks_2012 said:
Any one noticed a question in the one of the forms asking whether English assessment done by standard assessment agency ? I feel like they might even expect parents/grandparents to have English assessment done. Worrisome...
You didn't read the guide, don't you?
It is not used for assessment criteria.

gupta.rk

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

I have sent an application for Sponsoring my parents in 2015. My application was received on 5th January 2015.
I have started following up this blog recently.

I just have one question that can someone also sponsor their in-laws as well? ideally My wife should be eligible to sponsor their parents not me.
if anyone has sponsor their in-laws this year, please help so that i could do it next year

regards

inLinE6

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
gupta.rk said:
I just have one question that can someone also sponsor their in-laws as well? ideally My wife should be eligible to sponsor their parents not me.
if anyone has sponsor their in-laws this year, please help so that i could do it next year
That's called co-signer.

fneda

Jan 9, 2015
ya61x said:
CIC has started charging credit card on applications submitted on Jan 2
Congrats, What time/When was your application received? Did you notify your credit card company for this charge?

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ya61x said:
CIC has started charging credit card on applications submitted on Jan 2
I say this is a troll and fake post. The guy has only 1 post lol

I can confirm my CC has not been charged yet, my application was received on Jan 2nd at 9:30 AM

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
OP_POP said:

I can confirm my CC has not been charged yet, my application was received on Jan 2nd at 9:30 AM
Last year, CIC started charging CC from Friday, Jan 10 (according to 2014 PGP timeline). So, I won't be surprised if it starts today, Friday, Jan 9, 2015.

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
OP_POP said:

I read on Chinese forum that someone too have their credit card charged. The package was arrived at 8:15am.

gks_2012

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
polaroffer said:
The question goes like this...

Check Yes or No to indicate if you have taken a test from a designated testing agency to assess your proficiency in English or French.

I couldn't find anything about this question in the guide.

champ1

Dec 3, 2014
inLinE6 said:
For those of you who chose Credit Card as payment option, did you inform your Credit Card company about this upcoming charge? It's not huge amount so I haven't done so, but wondered if the Credit Card company may decline the charge for whatever reason? Credit limit is not a concern of course.
Just to be on the safe side i called l my bank to inform them about the upcoming charge and they made a note of it. Nothing has been charged yet. My application was delivered on Jan 2 at 8:45 AM.

polaroffer

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
gks_2012 said:
The question goes like this...

Check Yes or No to indicate if you have taken a test from a designated testing agency to assess your proficiency in English or French.

I couldn't find anything about this question in the guide.
This is for question 1,
Note: This question is not used for selection purposes. One of Canada’s objectives with respect to immigration is to support and assist the development of minority language communities in Canada.
I suppose this applies to to whole language detail section. They don't want to be in a class lawsuit because of language discrimination. That's how I read it. ;D

gks_2012

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
polaroffer said:
This is for question 1,
Note: This question is not used for selection purposes. One of Canada's objectives with respect to immigration is to support and assist the development of minority language communities in Canada.
I suppose this applies to to whole language detail section. They don't want to be in a class lawsuit because of language discrimination. That's how I read it. ;D
Hmmm... well. That's Question 1 you are talking about and i am asking about Question 3. This document was updated in November 2014 again adding this extra Question 3. If you look at the previous version (if you have copy before this update), you will not find it there. I am not sure what they want to prove adding this extra question this year.

Any ways, you cannot believe CIC guys, they will twist and turn things any time. So, till we get the stamping its all like a James Bond movie. 8)

gks_2012

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
polaroffer said:
A good Samaritan. I have read this guide already. I may not be a genius but figured that out. LOL.