Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Re: Sponsoring my wife ONLY- IMM 0008 bullet 9

vinjovi555 said:
I m in the process of filing application for my spouse PR. In IMM 008 form (background/declaration) in question 9 it states:

Have you or it you are the principal applicant, any of your family members listed in your application for permanent residence in canada ever:

* Previously sought refugee status in canada or applied for canadian immigrant or permanent resident visa or visitor or temporary visa?
* been refused refugee status in or an immigrant or Permanent resident visa or visitor or temporary resident visa to, canada or any other country
they say- If your answer to any of the questions is YES, provide details below..

I had applied for a visitor visa for my spouse and it was rejected. the visa officer mentioned the reason as " since your spouse is a PR in canada, he needs to sponsor you for your PR"

So in this case are the bullets applicable for my spouse as her visitor visa is rejected? if yes please guide me on waht to write in the details section below.. can she mention the same what the visa officer had given the reason?
Yes, they are applicable to your spouse. She must answer 'yes' and explain. Give the date she applied for a TRV, the date it was rejected, the file number if you know and the visa office. Then explain the ckircumstances: she wanted to visit her husband, the visa officer said ..., etc.
When they are processing a PR application, they check to see if the applicant has made other attempts to enter Canada. If you have evidence of the TRV application, I would include it in your application: for example, if you wrote a letter inviting her to visit you in Canada as part of the TRV application, include a copy of it. Include a copy of the TRV application form - which has a place where your wife had to write who she was going to visit and where she was going to stay - if she wrote your name and address.

vinjovi555

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 July 2010 @ Missisauga
AOR Received.
20 Aug 2010
File Transfer...
20 Aug 2010
Passport Req..
09 Sep 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting......
Hi Canadianwomen.. thanks a ton for your response.

Actually I had applied for her TRV through my company. There is a visa help desk in our organization which take care of all the visa issues. I have forwarded all the documents to them and they have applied through my company. But still the visa was rejected. I was sort of disappointed and surprised as I had processed her visa through my organization. I have the details like the file number etc, letter from consulate, my covering letter to the consultate, copy of the application form which was filed. would that suffice?

I m worried if this in anyway will have impact to her application? (like a black mark or something)? the visa officer just stated " Your spouse is a PR and he needs to sponsor for your application".. is this somehting a bad sign for her application??

Look to hear from you soon.. thanks alot for your assitance.

thanks and best wishes

V

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
If someone has applied for several TRVs to Canada (or other Western countries) and they are refused, and this person then gets married to a Canadian or a Canadian PR, the visa officer will be suspicious. CIC will think the person just wants to get into Canada, and after the TRV attempts failed, is now trying a marriage of convenience. Still, if this is not the case, and the person can prove their marriage is genuine, they can still get accepted.
In your wife's case, she only has one TRV refusal, and it was to visit you, so it should be OK. I would include all the proof you mentioned just to make sure the visa officer realizes the TRV application was to visit her husband, not some other person.

vinjovi555

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
20 Aug 2010
File Transfer...
20 Aug 2010
Passport Req..
09 Sep 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting......
Hi Canadianwomen thanks for the response. Actually I m still in India with my spouse and I will be leaving to canada on 29 th of this month to work for our client for atleast 2 years (it is an onsite opportunity through my company). I had applied for a visitor visa for my spouse to travel along with me. However this is the application which got rejected. Since I hold canadian PR, I was told of not applying for work permit visa.(usually people going onsite apply for work permit visa and the dependents get the visa along with their spouse. Our company looks after it). In my case, I had just filled in my information in the application and applied for her visitor visa.. this is the background. so can u pls tell us what we can write to explain the situation to the officer?

So can she include it the following:

"Applied for a Visitor Visa on June 03 to visit my Husband in Canada. My husabnd works for xxx company and work with the yyy client. However my visa was rejected with the following reason " your spouse is a canadian PR and he has to sponsor you for your PR". Please find enclosed the letter from the consulate for your reference. Please also find a copy of the visitor visa application form along with the letter from my spouse inviting me to canada

Some of the details are as follows:

File No: xxxxxxx
Applied on: June...
Rejected on: xxx
Reason: xxxxxxx". would something like this suffice?

thanks a lot in advance. look to hear from you

best wishes

V

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
vinjovi555 said:
Actually I m still in India with my spouse and I will be leaving to canada on 29 th of this month to work for our client for atleast 2 years (it is an onsite opportunity through my company). I had applied for a visitor visa for my spouse to travel along with me. However this is the application which got rejected. Since I hold canadian PR, I was told of not applying for work permit visa.(usually people going onsite apply for work permit visa and the dependents get the visa along with their spouse. Our company looks after it). In my case, I had just filled in my information in the application and applied for her visitor visa.. this is the background. so can u pls tell us what we can write to explain the situation to the officer?
I would include more of an explanation of the circumstances, such as what you wrote above.
"I work for Company X. It is sending me to work in Canada. My coworkers who also are going to work for this company in Canada apply for work permits, and their dependents are issued a visa to accompany them. I am a permanent resident of Canada. When my wife applied for a TRV to accompany me to Canada, her application was refused. The visa officer said that since I was a Canadian PR, I should instead sponsor my wife."
Plus the other details you mentioned in your post.

I really think the visa officer is not going to hold this TRV refusal against her. Still, explain the circumstances.

vinjovi555

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
20 Aug 2010
File Transfer...
20 Aug 2010
Passport Req..
09 Sep 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting......
Thanks Canadianwomen.. I hope everything would be just fine... Staying so far leaving your beloved ones is really pain.. hopefully all goes well :)

vinjovi555

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
20 Aug 2010
File Transfer...
20 Aug 2010
Passport Req..
09 Sep 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting......
Hi Canadianwomen.. while applying for a TRV for my spouse (I had applied through my company in India. there is a visa help desk which takes care of it), I showcased in the application that she is not working cos my intention is that since I m applying for a dependent visa, I may not require to show her present job and all. She is a software engineer working for an MNC here in India.. Now that I m filing her PR and mentioning about her Job details, would this be any kind of problem? would the visa officer goes back to the previously sent application for TRV and compare? I m bit worried about it.. pls guide me.. Thanks in advance

vinjovi555

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
20 Aug 2010
File Transfer...
20 Aug 2010
Passport Req..
09 Sep 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting......
also I just realized that I dont have a copy of her previously submitted TRV application. I have the letter from the consulate though which has the file number and her name in it. Can I send it as an attachment?

Thanks again for your support

Best wishes

V

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
vinjovi555 said:
Now that I m filing her PR and mentioning about her Job details, would this be any kind of problem? would the visa officer goes back to the previously sent application for TRV and compare? I m bit worried about it.. pls guide me.. Thanks in advance
The visa officer might check the previous application. Still, it is best to tell the truth on the PR application. I wouldn't explain this discrepancy up front. If they ask about it, you can tell them that when she applied for the TRV, she didn't mention her job because her and your intention was for her to come to Canada, so she would have been quitting her job. Since the PR application can take quite a long time, she is not quitting her job until she gets the visa.

Include the letter from the consulate.

vinjovi555

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
20 Aug 2010
File Transfer...
20 Aug 2010
Passport Req..
09 Sep 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting......
Hi Canadianwomen I have reached Canada few days back.

I m in the process of gathering all the documents for my spouse sponsorship. This is regarding point 18 in the Document checklist:

CIC is asking for a original letter from the employer stating my employment hours, salary etc. I have requested my HR and she had sent a PDF document which is a standard template which is used for all. She just changed my details and had sent a PDF document. She suggested me to include it along with the online offer letter (which again has no original signature but a digital one). Is this ok? She says she is not authorized to send customized letter apart from what is legally approved in the template. Never knew that getting a letter from the employer is that difficult.. Perhaps since i m a landed resource from India?

Please help me in this regard

Thanks and look to hear from you

Best wishes

V

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Try sending the PDF document and the online offer letter. It will probably be OK.

vinjovi555

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
20 Aug 2010
File Transfer...
20 Aug 2010
Passport Req..
09 Sep 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting......
Thanks Canadianwomen..

I m just filling out my Sponsorship applications..

I have a question in IMM 1344- Qn 1: If you are found ineligible to sponsor, indicate whether you want

- To withdraw your sponsorship. All processing fees less than $75 will be repaid.
- To proceed with the application for permanent residence.

Which is the better option to chose? Is there any advantage to proceed with the application for PR even when the sponsorship is found ineligible?

Look to hear from you soon

Thanks

V

vinjovi555

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
20 Aug 2010
File Transfer...
20 Aug 2010
Passport Req..
09 Sep 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting......
Hi Canadianwomen

I have the following other questions:

1. IMM 5481 (Sponsorship evaluation form)- qn 3: Your net personal income over 12 month period: I was living in India over the last 12 months and above. I reached canada on July 1st.. So should I mention the amount in IRS or convert it into Canadian dollars?

2. Sponsor Questionnaire- IMM 5540: Qn 5: What is the highest level of education you have completed- I have done Masters.. so it should be Post graduate studies and what should i fill in Number of years completed? Is it the total number of years from my primary school or only the post graduate studies (i.e. 2 years?)

Thanks and best wishes

V

vinjovi555

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
20 Aug 2010
File Transfer...
20 Aug 2010
Passport Req..
09 Sep 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting......
One more question to add:

IMM 5540: Question 9: On what date you became PR:

Initially I was given the one time visa and the confirmation of PR document. I landed in canada on 20 June 2009 with the confirmation of PR. Should I mention 20 June 2009 in this case as the date I became PR?

Or the date when the confirmation of PR was issued in Germany which was in Dec 2008?

Thanks and best wishes

V

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
vinjovi555 said:
I have a question in IMM 1344- Qn 1: If you are found ineligible to sponsor, indicate whether you want

- To withdraw your sponsorship. All processing fees less than $75 will be repaid.
- To proceed with the application for permanent residence.

Which is the better option to chose? Is there any advantage to proceed with the application for PR even when the sponsorship is found ineligible?
I think the only reason people choose to continue even when found ineligible to sponsor is because if they do so, they preserve the right to appeal.
If you are not eligible to sponsor, your wife's application will ultimately be rejected, so I think it is better to withdraw your sponsorship, figure out why you were found ineligible, fix those problems, and apply again.
It sounds like there would be no reason to find you ineligible as a sponsor, though, so don't worry.