Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
vinjovi555 said:
1. IMM 5481 (Sponsorship evaluation form)- qn 3: Your net personal income over 12 month period: I was living in India over the last 12 months and above. I reached canada on July 1st.. So should I mention the amount in IRS or convert it into Canadian dollars?
There is enough room on the form to put both. I'd put it in IRS and then in brackets put the amount in Canadian dollars. Just make clear which currency you are referring to.
2. Sponsor Questionnaire- IMM 5540: Qn 5: What is the highest level of education you have completed- I have done Masters.. so it should be Post graduate studies and what should i fill in Number of years completed? Is it the total number of years from my primary school or only the post graduate studies (i.e. 2 years?)
I'm not sure on this one. It looks like you check the 'Post-graduate studies' box, and then fill in the number of years of post-grad studies (i.e., 2). I guess they assume if you have a Master's degree, that you have also gone to primary and high school, and undergrad.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
vinjovi555 said:
IMM 5540: Question 9: On what date you became PR:

Initially I was given the one time visa and the confirmation of PR document. I landed in canada on 20 June 2009 with the confirmation of PR. Should I mention 20 June 2009 in this case as the date I became PR?

Or the date when the confirmation of PR was issued in Germany which was in Dec 2008?
I would put your landing date (20 June 2009).

vinjovi555

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 July 2010 @ Missisauga
AOR Received.
20 Aug 2010
File Transfer...
20 Aug 2010
Passport Req..
09 Sep 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting......
Thanks a lot Canadianwomen.. I will be sending the application over the weekend and can just hope that everything will be fine..

vinjovi555

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
20 Aug 2010
File Transfer...
20 Aug 2010
Passport Req..
09 Sep 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting......
Hi Canadianwomen

I took all the signatures on the application forms from my wife before I left to Canada on 1 July 2010. However I just noticed that there are few corrections to be made.

1. On the additional sheets, I noticed that there are few corrections to be made. Can I use the white ink to correct the same or do I need to print them again?

2. Actually in the additional sheets, I took signature from my wife on all the additional sheets at the end of each sheet. Is it really required? If I have to make the corrections myself on the additional sheets or print new ones again I will not be able to have my wife's sign on it. Can I just go ahead and print them and submit with out my wife's signature on it? or you think it is better if she prints new one and resend them with her sign on each additional sheet?

3. In IMM 0008 E, There is a question where my wife needs to write her name in our regional language. She forgot to write her name on that sheet. This form was typed and printed. However I have a back up application form which is hand written. This is on the first page. The remaining pages are typed. so my question is: Can I have mix of typed and handwritten forms? or it has to be uniform all over?

I m sorry for long questions. But I just want to clarify the minute details and send the right application. Look to hear from you soon. Thanks very much..

Best wishes

V

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
vinjovi555 said:
I took all the signatures on the application forms from my wife before I left to Canada on 1 July 2010. However I just noticed that there are few corrections to be made.

1. On the additional sheets, I noticed that there are few corrections to be made. Can I use the white ink to correct the same or do I need to print them again?
I think using white out is OK.
2. Actually in the additional sheets, I took signature from my wife on all the additional sheets at the end of each sheet. Is it really required? If I have to make the corrections myself on the additional sheets or print new ones again I will not be able to have my wife's sign on it. Can I just go ahead and print them and submit with out my wife's signature on it? or you think it is better if she prints new one and resend them with her sign on each additional sheet?
On any form where the form itself says your wife has to sign, make sure her signature is there. But for the additional info pages, her signature doesn't have to be there. These pages are considered part of the form, so her signature on the last page will cover the additional sheets as well. Just make sure the additional pages are clearly labeled as to what form they belong to and what question, plus the name and file number.
3. In IMM 0008 E, There is a question where my wife needs to write her name in our regional language. She forgot to write her name on that sheet. This form was typed and printed. However I have a back up application form which is hand written. This is on the first page. The remaining pages are typed. so my question is: Can I have mix of typed and handwritten forms? or it has to be uniform all over?
You can have a mix of typed and handwritten pages. But you can also write your wife's name in her language. Here they are not asking for her signature in her own language, they just want to know how to write the name in that language. So you can write it, or even type it.

vinjovi555

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
20 Aug 2010
File Transfer...
20 Aug 2010
Passport Req..
09 Sep 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting......
Thanks a lot canadian women..

So even in the additional sheet on the questionnaire form --> " On a separate sheet of paper provide additional details that your relationship is genuine" So even here the signature is not required right? Cos I rememer you telling me sometime back that on this sheet it has to be signed with the date.. However it is not mentioned anything on the application form though..

Regarding the Birth Certificate for my Wife.. We have noticed that there is a small mistake on the Birth Certificate which was formed at the time of her birth (I wonder how their parents did not notice and rectify it..)! Her name is 'Valli' which is mentioned in the passport and in all her certificates. However on the birth certificate it was mentioned as 'Vallee'. Is there any problem with that or do we need to change it? (It is a long process though in India). Or alternatively can we provide notary affidavit or other proofs like Driving license, etc? (though driving license is not mentioned in the application form). Can you please suggest what to do?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help

Best wishes

V

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
vinjovi555 said:
So even in the additional sheet on the questionnaire form --> " On a separate sheet of paper provide additional details that your relationship is genuine" So even here the signature is not required right? Cos I rememer you telling me sometime back that on this sheet it has to be signed with the date.. However it is not mentioned anything on the application form though..
It is better to sign and date this, but it is not really necessary, since they don't say so on the form. So if you can't get her to sign it, at least make sure it is clearly attached to that form, so her signature on the form itself will cover it.
Regarding the Birth Certificate for my Wife.. We have noticed that there is a small mistake on the Birth Certificate which was formed at the time of her birth (I wonder how their parents did not notice and rectify it..)! Her name is 'Valli' which is mentioned in the passport and in all her certificates. However on the birth certificate it was mentioned as 'Vallee'. Is there any problem with that or do we need to change it? (It is a long process though in India). Or alternatively can we provide notary affidavit or other proofs like Driving license, etc? (though driving license is not mentioned in the application form). Can you please suggest what to do?
Maybe getting a notarized affidavit will be good enough, especially since her passport has the correct name.

vinjovi555

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
20 Aug 2010
File Transfer...
20 Aug 2010
Passport Req..
09 Sep 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting......
Hi Canadian Women

Thanks for the response. I dont have her signature on it. I would print it and attach to the right form as you have suggested.

I have paid 1040 $ towards the application. I have received an email asking me to tear the second part, fill the boxes and send it along with the application. There they have mentioned Client ID. What is that? Do I need to mention my PR number there?

Look to hear from you soon

Thanks and best wishes

V

vinjovi555

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
20 Aug 2010
File Transfer...
20 Aug 2010
Passport Req..
09 Sep 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting......
Hi Canadianwoman

Need your quick response. I would highly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

As you are aware, I am an IT professional working for an MNC in India (I m a CANADIAN PR HOLDER) and came to Canada for a 2 years assignment as a Global Delivery Supplemental/Temporary employee.

My question: Do I need to write a covering letter to the visa officer stating the facts that I m employed here for 2 years and I would be looking ofr a permanent position in Canada or something like that? or not required?

I have mentioned abou t our plans of settling in Canada and make a living here (Buy a house, raise our kids here etc.) in the additional sheet in Sponsr questionnaire form. Is this sufficient or do I specifically need to write a covering letter mentioning about my plans of settling in Canada

I m worried because in the offer letter I have received, it states that my employment here in Canada is for 2 years.

Also, In the receipt (online payment of fees), I was asked to fill my information. What is CLIENT's ID THERE? is it my PR number?

Please let me know soon so that I can send the application by today or tomorrow.

Thanks and look forward to hear from you soon

Best wishes

V

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
vinjovi555 said:
As you are aware, I am an IT professional working for an MNC in India (I m a CANADIAN PR HOLDER) and came to Canada for a 2 years assignment as a Global Delivery Supplemental/Temporary employee.

My question: Do I need to write a covering letter to the visa officer stating the facts that I m employed here for 2 years and I would be looking ofr a permanent position in Canada or something like that? or not required?

I have mentioned abou t our plans of settling in Canada and make a living here (Buy a house, raise our kids here etc.) in the additional sheet in Sponsr questionnaire form. Is this sufficient or do I specifically need to write a covering letter mentioning about my plans of settling in Canada

I m worried because in the offer letter I have received, it states that my employment here in Canada is for 2 years.

Also, In the receipt (online payment of fees), I was asked to fill my information. What is CLIENT's ID THERE? is it my PR number?
You don't need a cover letter, but if you want to add one it is OK. It sounds like you have covered your future plans elsewhere in the application.
Don't worry about your offer letter - you can state that you hope it will be extended, and if not, that you will look for another job.
For your wife's birth certificate - I think if you include a note about the difference in the spelling of the name, and also include evidence that she has applied to get a corrected version of the birth certificate, that would be good enough. If she hasn't applied to get a corrected version, I think she should. It may take a long time, but you can send in the application with what you have and say you will send them the corrected birth certificate when she gets it.
I think the 'client ID' is your PR number. If you're not sure, you can leave it blank.

esamab

Jul 26, 2010
I'm applying under sponsorship, my wife (the sponsor) is Canadian and we live outside Canada (in kuwait). I have the following questions and I really appreciate your help:

1. I applied in 2006 as a skilled worker (computer engineer) and i was rejected in 2009 for the following reasons:
a. I mentioned in the application that my French language is basic but i couldn't provide the results.
b. I mentioned in the application that I have relatives in Canada (my uncle) but i couldn't any evidence.
I asked my uncle to send me his papers but he didn't!
So, is that going to affect my sponsorship application? I just don't want the officer to think that i lied before!

My relationship to my wife is genuine and i can prove that by providing some printed emails between me and my wife before we got married in 2008, and our engagement, wedding, and honeymoon pictures, and the same accommodation address as it's listed in our Civil IDs, wedding ballroom contract, and our pictures in our trip to Jordan. Plus, my wife is pregnant, and we love each other.

2. In IMM 3911 E form (Country Specific Instructions), do I have to fill and sign the DECLERATIONS parts?
My wife and I don't have children, and we are going alone to Canada.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
esamab said:
I'm applying under sponsorship, my wife (the sponsor) is Canadian and we live outside Canada (in kuwait). I have the following questions and I really appreciate your help:

1. I applied in 2006 as a skilled worker (computer engineer) and i was rejected in 2009 for the following reasons:
a. I mentioned in the application that my French language is basic but i couldn't provide the results.
b. I mentioned in the application that I have relatives in Canada (my uncle) but i couldn't any evidence.
I asked my uncle to send me his papers but he didn't!
So, is that going to affect my sponsorship application? I just don't want the officer to think that i lied before!

My relationship to my wife is genuine and i can prove that by providing some printed emails between me and my wife before we got married in 2008, and our engagement, wedding, and honeymoon pictures, and the same accommodation address as it's listed in our Civil IDs, wedding ballroom contract, and our pictures in our trip to Jordan. Plus, my wife is pregnant, and we love each other.
It may affect your application, so include a lot of proof your relationship is genuine. I would also try to prove the two points they had problems with - get some proof of your French abilities, and get some proof your uncle lives in Canada. Even a letter from your mother or father would probably be good enough.
2. In IMM 3911 E form (Country Specific Instructions), do I have to fill and sign the DECLERATIONS parts?
My wife and I don't have children, and we are going alone to Canada.
No.

esamab

Jul 26, 2010
Thank you canadianwoman.

I have some more questions:

1. When I applied before as a skilled worker I sent a police certificate for a country that i have lived in before. Do i have to resend it gain this time?
2. Do I need to send the original copy of the medical report?
3. Does my wife have to send her passport at some point?

Thanks again

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
esamab said:
1. When I applied before as a skilled worker I sent a police certificate for a country that i have lived in before. Do i have to resend it gain this time?
Yes, you will have to get a new one and send it in.
2. Do I need to send the original copy of the medical report?
Yes, you send in the Copy 2.
3. Does my wife have to send her passport at some point?
Your wife is a Canadian citizen, so I don't think so. When it says on the region-specific forms to send in the passport of the spouse, they don't mean a spouse who is a Canadian citizen.
You should send in proof, though, that the two of you are living together, have traveled together, and that your wife has visited you, which will include entry and exit stamps and visas in her passport. So a copy of her passport is not necessary, but may be useful as proof your relationship is genuine - i.e., that she has visited you.

vinjovi555

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
20 Aug 2010
File Transfer...
20 Aug 2010
Passport Req..
09 Sep 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting......
Hi Canadianwoman and others..

Just a small info requested. I had sent my application to Missisauga 2 weeks back. I havent received any acknowledgment yet. When will I get the acknowledgment usually?