Interview........
Nov 2009
Passport Req..
Nov 2009
VISA ISSUED...
nov 2009
LANDED..........
Dec 2009
Flower81 Np how long you wait after just make sure you call the number to make sure there is no outstanding monies you owe to them because that will be an issue in application and wont be able to sponsor read all information on how to proceed and complete the guide in there , there is a number to call to ask if any outstanding monies you owe to back to social assistance.. but I will let you know you must have and show proof of being able to support your husband.. so get a job part time also if possible

Amir00 and Amira00 Good luck to both you and keep strong

INEEDU

Aug 26, 2009
waiting is so difficult. But PATIENCE is the true key. Our first sponsorship application was denied.
It took us 4 years, 8 trips from Canada to Morocco. 2 lost jobs for me as the sponsor - in this development......
......... and about $20 000 debt to succeed.

I am sad that there is no continued communication about the adjustment after the husband/wife
have arrived. The struggles and hard times, the good and the bad................. ! We all need to
hear about that too, especially all the new ones who really have to realize this difficult process should
be made aware of what is to expect.

To all good wishes and success in your life with a loved husband/wife from Morocco.

INEEDU

Flower81

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my fiance and I we communicate in Moroccan dariga, our emails, letters(they are in English alphabet but the meaning in arabic). when you submit these with the application do we have to translate them in English or we don't have to? will it be acceptable if I translate them my self? I can't imagine how much it cost to translate a bunch of emails and letters. :'(

Thanks
Flower81

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Hello,

My husband has been here from Morocco it is almost a year and a half. I am happy to say that he really loves it here in Quebec. of course he misses his family which is normal, but he is enjoying his life here.
Everything is going very well between us, as with all couples there was of course the adjustment of newly living together.
I thank god everyday that we didn't have to wait any longer than we did. It was about 10 months all together .

I hope that everything is going well for you and your Husband after that very long wait. I can't imagine waiting 4 years, pure torture.
I wish the best for everyone through the waiting process, and especially after you are finally together.
I have read about some couples having a very difficult time after the arrival of the spouse with the adjustments, and sometimes integration, but there are also the happy endings . As you all probably have heard , sadly there are the bad experiences of things just not working between the couples once the spouse arrives in Canada also, with different reasons for the failures.

I truly feel terrible when I hear of failed marriages because of wrong intentions from the beginning of the sponsored person. The heartache and financial problems that some sponsors have to deal with after suffering through the whole immigration process. I don't wish this on anyone, and pray for only happy endings for everyone.

There is of course the culture difference that can be a problem for some, and others enjoy the differences. No two couples are the same, and our experiences will vary widely from one couple to the next.

Good luck to everyone on a great and happy future together.

INEEDU said:
waiting is so difficult. But PATIENCE is the true key. Our first sponsorship application was denied.
It took us 4 years, 8 trips from Canada to Morocco. 2 lost jobs for me as the sponsor - in this development......
......... and about $20 000 debt to succeed.

I am sad that there is no continued communication about the adjustment after the husband/wife
have arrived. The struggles and hard times, the good and the bad................. ! We all need to
hear about that too, especially all the new ones who really have to realize this difficult process should
be made aware of what is to expect.

To all good wishes and success in your life with a loved husband/wife from Morocco.

INEEDU

Amir00

Star Member
Sep 6, 2009
Salamu alikom my alll Friends on here new and old.....

FINALLY I GOT EMAIL THIS MORNING AFTER I SENT EMAIL TO REBAT YESTERDAY I HAVE THE INTERVIEW WEDNESDAY 24 ALHMDULILAH
ALHMDULILAH ALHMDULILAH
i hope the best for who still waiting...

hassanstiger

Apr 12, 2009
hi i am married to a moroccan man .we have been together five years.we lived in morocco first 2 years then my child and i came back to canada for her education.my husband and i applied for visa but he was denied.now i am waiting for a hearing at the appeal board in toronto.it should be in the spring.i know it is a 3 hour process but i was wondering has anybody else been through an appeal? and what was it like? i am representing myself.does anybody know how many cases at appeals are accepted? and if accepted who issues the visa the appeal board or does my husband have to have another interveiw in rabat? sorry so many questions.thanks

hopeful_waiting

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
AOR Received.
March 2009
Interview........
Nov 2009
Passport Req..
Nov 2009
VISA ISSUED...
nov 2009
LANDED..........
Dec 2009
Amir00 and Amira00 CONGRATULATIONS !!!!

Prepare well and organize all things You know exactly what to do.. I am very happy I wish you luck.. Keep us posted...

My husband is very lucky we passed all things with no interview it took only 8.5 months for contact.

My husband and I have been together in Canada now for 2.5 months now.. He loves it here.. When he came we went straight to a group called ACFO.. They help alot of immigrants get paperwork ready help prepare for taxes and work expectations locate english classes and help get there Social insurance number and get appointment for the health card. They also help in future projects you may have and college programs to get you started or put you in the direction to start. Work is possible here but you need time to prepare it doesn't happen over night.

We look at getting license here (hint if you have license in Morocco get a letter from driving bureau explaining how long you have driven if good driver and when license expires)

Also go to any classes offered when in Canada to immigrants it offers you friendship and knowledge.

As for relationship we are very happy, my husband and I embrace this experience together , and I hope all who are or will be next your loved one experience the same happiness as us. There still is a little more paperwork,time and waiting but it does come to end.

I only hope many come for love and not to become a Canadian only.

flower81 you do not need to translate your messages, my husband and I spoke french, english and arabic also. They just need to see proof you communicate and continue to communicate through the sponsoring process. The paperwork you will need to translate is your english paperwork to arabic for the marriage. I gave a link go to it it tells all paperwork you will need to have for marriage. It is very important you get now because some can take almost a month or 2 to receive. Leave your RCMP clearance to last it only last 3 or 6 months

Here again is the link to the paperwork http://www.consulatdumaroc.ca/mariagemixte_note_en.htm

you should bring these documents :

01- certificate of birth .

02- statement of criminal record you'll translate after that in morocco .

03- certificate of employment .

04- certificate of wages .

05- certificate of nationality .
( if you are already marriage don't forget to bring divorce certificate )
and when you go to morocco you should go first to your consulate to bring some more papers the consulate of Canada is in Rabat .

in the consulate you'll have :

06- statement of criminal record from ministry of justice .and you'll take it to the external ministry and you should bring with you 20 dh and passport copy .

07- certificate of capacity of marriage, and after that the other documents are easy you can have it in 2 hours :

08- a letter for marriage to the judge written in Arabic says that you wanna marry.

09- pictures they said 4 but just have 16 sometimes you need it . Get them done in Morocco

10- medical certificate it's easy to get it in morocco .

11- if you are Moslum's you need a certificate from imam says that you are Moslum's or and other one says that you are Christian or jewish if you are not Moslum's .

12- passport copy .

Your husband also should have these documents :

01- certificate of birth .

02- statement of criminal record .

03- local certificate .

04- certificate said that he has not married before .

05- medical certificate .

06- copy of ID .

07- 2 pictures but it's better to take 16 you'll need it .

08- divorce certificate if he married before .

09- death certificate if his wife died .

10- certificate of employment .

11- certificate of wages .

after marriage don't forget to register your marriage in your consulate

I think that is all If anyone has anything to add please do...

newhusband

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello everybody......sahbi AMIR congrats congrats congrats congrats and alf alf mabrouk fraht lik men 9lbi....native happy for u too and good luck for other...AMIR dont be nervous in ur interview ,she is ur wife and u deserve to be with her after ur long waiting.,and true-love it's ur turn inchallah,
i just have question for u true-love.....how long the process takes they said in the letter u got from RABAT?

Amir00

Star Member
Sep 6, 2009
thank you sooo much alll my friends.. ;).i hope everything be good with me insha allah....I hope the happenss for every one..alhmulilah about everything :)

amira00

Jan 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, Salam Everyone: Congratulations to everyone who got calls and welcome to those of you who are new and hang in there for those of you who are waiting. This is a wonderful place to come and get information and also support for the process of waiting for Immigration to make decisions. I am so happy that my husband finally got an interview, it was a lot of waiting and a lot of letter writing. Now the real waiting comes, waiting to see what the final decision will be. I am hoping my husband will join us soon here in BC Canada, my daughter was so excited to hear that Amir00 finally got a date for an interview lol. We were awake at 2:30am to hear the good news, was so hard to go back to sleep. I hope and pray that everything will be ok. Insha Allah.

I just want to add to hopeful_waiting information that if anyone has to get a divorce certificate make sure you send it to Ottawa to get it authenticated before going to Morocco and make sure you have this other document notarized (not sure what it is called, but I took it to the Embassy to get the capacity of marriage)This document I had to make up myself because no Notary where I live was able to do it in French. I typed up the document myself in French and English and then took to a Notary who then read it and put a red seal stamp on it and signed it. (She put the red seal on because she said it was special and going out of the country lol, its not needed on the document) Also to let anyone know I had all of the required documents that I needed before I left Canada and only had to get the capacity of marriage and criminal record check done in Morocco. I made sure I was well organized in all the paperwork that was required of me to take to Morocco and did not have to get them done there.(Cuts down on running around) If anyone needs help to ensure you have everything covered before you leave let me know and I will try to help you as much as I can. My husband did the rest of the running around for everything else that needed to be done in Morocco, We had a good system worked out lol.

Flower81

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys :)
Is it common for the sponsor to be called for an interview in Canada? just wondering.

Flower81

hopeful_waiting

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
AOR Received.
March 2009
Interview........
Nov 2009
Passport Req..
Nov 2009
VISA ISSUED...
nov 2009
LANDED..........
Dec 2009
Flower81 No you as a sponsor don't get a call to go for interview, but they can call you to ask you some questions and I know some questions can get into your past and future with husband , be honest and tell the truth.. right from your heart.. Make sure your husband knows everything about you he needs to, be prepared when he goes to interview and be calm.

There is alot of good advice follow carefully and gather all things and save.. Your table and file will look amazingly large and papers will be every angle ..lol That I don't miss .. but file everything good explaining everything well and be sure to write a letter with application explaining why relationship is true and why you love and married what the future and present is also doing.. Good luck there is much help and information here alot to read but it is here