+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

Native

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amira, HI welcome to the forum! Yes it is a long process indeed, and I lost my patience many times trust me on that one. I havent seen my husband for 6 months now, it is very hard. Where are you from? Im from NewBrunswick. Goodluck to you both. Sign NATIVE

Flower81

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Income requirement ???

Hello everyone! :)
I'm getting married Inchaalah in summer, but I'm currently receiving social assistant, Can I start sponsorship process a month after leaving social assistant?also I'm gonna start college on Sep and I will be getting OSAP(student loan) will that affect the application?

Please I am in need for your advice :-*

Good luck to everyone who has been waiting.

noubi

Star Member
Oct 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Income requirement ???

Flower81 said:
Hello everyone! :)
I'm getting married Inchaalah in summer, but I'm currently receiving social assistant, Can I start sponsorship process a month after leaving social assistant?also I'm gonna start college on Sep and I will be getting OSAP(student loan) will that affect the application?

Please I am in need for your advice :-*

Good luck to everyone who has been waiting.
hello

i'm just let me ask YOu you receive social assistant from Canada or Your province and where You live exaclty and i think the money of Province that the problem i'm just thinking anyone have a good reply tell us

and about OSAP(student loan) i think is no problem because You will back money to them
Thank you

hopeful_waiting

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
AOR Received.
March 2009
Interview........
Nov 2009
Passport Req..
Nov 2009
VISA ISSUED...
nov 2009
LANDED..........
Dec 2009
Amira00-- The only thing left to do is get CAIPS NOTES and wait it takes 30 days for them to process and 5-8 days to you get it in mail Keep calling Rabat and sending messages and stay in touch with your MP

Getting your CAIPS is fairly straightforward; you will have to pay $5.00 since you are requesting CAIPS notes for your spouse, who is not residing in Canada. I had instructions from someone on this forum on how to do it. I got mine sent in english to me ..

Follow the instructions below:

1. Have your spouse fill out this form:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf

Step by step instructions:

Tick the box that says "I authorize Citizenship and Immigration Canada... ... to release information from my case file to the following individual."

Then have your spouse fill out all of his/her particulars (his/her name, DOB, location of VISA Processing centre, i.e. The Canadian Embassy......... etc.)

Then have him/her fill out your own personal information under the headings titled "Designated Individual."

Have your spouse sign AND date the form at the bottom

OR, if you have already filled out this form:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5476E.PDF

then just send a photocopy of it along with 2. and 3.

2. You must now fill out this form:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf

Step by step instructions:

Leave the first two boxes at the top blank (Requesters Reference No. and Public Rights Administration file number).

Tick the box that says "Access to Information Act ($ 5.00 fee)."

You HAVE to pay $5.00, there is no way around this. Do NOT tick "Privacy Act" and hope they will just process it without you having to pay; this will NOT work. You must pay $5.00 since you are requesting the info on behalf of your spouse, and your spouse is not residing in Canada.

Select which language you wish to receive your notes in, English or French. (These choices are under the "Privacy Act" sub-heading. Then tick the box which says "Receive copies of the Records." .

Fill out your spouse's information.

Under the next heading, "Request for-Required Information" box, tick the "CAIPS (information abroad)" box and write "The Canadian Embassy ........." under the "Embassy" sub-heading, and write the "Visa File No." in the appropriate box.

DO NOT check any other boxes in this section. Especially the "OVERSEAS VISA FILE" box. If you do this, they will pull your file aside, photocopy everything and send it to you.
It will not only take you forever to get the information, but they will also take your file out of the queue to process your request and therefore it will take LONGER !!! (CAIPS is just a computer printout of all the work done on your file so far. It will not affect the speed at which your visa office)

In the next heading, tick the box which says "This request is being made by a Canadian Citizen..." Fill out all of your information in this box, name, phone number, address, etc.

Sign and date.

3. Make out a cheque payable to the "Receiver General of Canada" for $5.00

Enclose the cheque in an envelope with the other forms, and a copy of your Canadian ID or a passport copy and send it to the address below:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Public Rights Administration
Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
Narono Building
360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Tel.: (613) 957-6512
Fax: (613) 957-6517

Flower 81 --Social Assistance you can not be receiving to sponsor you can only be on disability if receiving monies from government, a loan from OSAP I believe is no problem and neither is living in geared to income housing.. You can start application after your married send lots of pics and have your husband start getting all information needed for his part of application now because it can take long.. Leave the medical till very last thing as it only lasts for 1 year from time it is done and rabat runs close to 1 year for some to process sponsorship, but he needs his past work experience , his past residences in Morocco if he has been out of morocco he needs that info paperwork can take awhile in Morocco so have him work on it now.. Both get copies of application form and read carefully and get all documents done now so when you get married they will ask for mariage certificate arabic and french or english .. you also need lots of money to get your documents translated do all that in Morocco it is much cheaper .. Good Luck and read application carefully send lots of pics and evidence and keep all messages of converstions here is link read it .. Good life to you and your soon to be husband

http://www.consulatdumaroc.ca/mariagemixte_note_en.htm

noubi

Star Member
Oct 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Flower81 said:
Hi,
I live in Toronto(Ontario), so I'm under ontario works program.
hello i think you can't sponsory your wife if you are social insurance you must to stop taking then you can sponsoring her even you don't work

salam

Amir00

Star Member
Sep 6, 2009
Salamu Alikom all my Friends..

first thing im soo happy for you Nativeyou get call...i hope get it too insha allah sooon...
hopeful_waiting how r u?ty so much for ur help. im and my wife doing much thing today i hope its woark good and get good answer insha allah....
its so hard to wait 11 months but alhmdulilah ...

Flower81

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Income requirement(please clarify)

Thank you for the help '' hopefull waiting" :-*
I just want to be clear, what if, let's say I stop taking social assistant and month later start the sponsorship process with that be okay, or will they tell me sorry you were receiving S.A? , How can I prove to them I stopped recieving it? :eek:

thank you

Native

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks Alot Amir00, Your turn next inchallah:) goodluck. Also im so nervous! sign NATIVE

true-love

Star Member
Nov 4, 2009
hello native congratulation and i have a question how long have u been waitting the call ? thanks lot
amir00 am very sad to hear that u haven't the call god helps u and us

Native

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, true-love, My husband and I been waiting almost 10 months, 7days shy from being 10 months:) Are you still waiting also?and how long have you been waiting? sign NATIVE

Native

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
true love, just stay positive I know its verry hard! It was hard for us too...but stay strong;) sign NATIVE