Sep 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
October 2013
Thanks jomz and habibti for your advice. There is no way I can afford to hire a consultant at this time. Jomz, I plan to submit application in December. If I go visit my husband again in Feb it will be before the interview, and I may be able to send a copy of my itinerary from the airline with the application. What do you think?

yogalotus

Oct 4, 2013
andyloonz said:
Well I finally am ready to compile my application now that I have the fee saved up. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on a couple of things. I know we have some red flags since I am 13 years older than my husband and also because we only knew each other for 4 months before we were married. And, since my one and only trip to Morocco so far was to meet in person and then decide on marriage it was somewhat last minute. We only had a very small wedding ceremony because it wasn't for sure that we would have all the paperwork done in time before I had to leave. So I am looking for the best ways to explain these red flags.

First, is it helpful at all to write a story about our relationship, how we met and fell in love, that we have talked about our differences (age, culture, religion) and why we had such a small ceremony?

Is it a good idea to get letters from our friends and family members describing how they see our relationship?

Beside copies of photos, airline tickets, screen shots of all our electronic communications (email, chat, text etc) are there any other ideas for proof of genuine relationship?

Also I have read a few people have had issues with paying online using credit card, just wondered if anyone here has had any issues?

Thanks again for all your help!
Hi Andyloonz,
I was looking through my paperwork but couldn't see if it asked for this or if my lawyer just asked me to do it and included it. I did a relationship narrative, very detailed describing our relationship from the beginning to the point of sending in the application. It was 7 pages typed, the more detail the better and try to express the way you feel about your spouse...how your feelings developed. How you maintain contact. It is very important to demonstrate the amount of contact you have backing it with proofs. Emails, facebook, Skype phone bills. Don't worry about the red flags :) Just demonstrate that you truly love each other and everything will fall into its perfect place :) Best of luck :)

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
andyloonz said:
Thanks jomz and habibti for your advice. There is no way I can afford to hire a consultant at this time. Jomz, I plan to submit application in December. If I go visit my husband again in Feb it will be before the interview, and I may be able to send a copy of my itinerary from the airline with the application. What do you think?
I think it will help. Inchallah I am going in February again to stay with my husband, did not include my upcoming itinerary because I havent booked by the time i submitted my application, but will be sending it through to Rabat including new pics, entry/exit stamps before they even ask for it. I dont know if it is the right or wrong thing to do.

Now with writing everything out, it can go either way, if it convinces them of the relationship great, if you do it and they use it to ask questions based on it, it can backfire if it doesnt match up. And as for writing out a love story, I personally do not think this is something that will weigh in too heavily on the VOs decision. They look for fact based proof (similar family values, similarities in education, background, religion, age, hobbies). Remember your case officer is a stranger, someone who sees hundreds of applications a year, they don't assess your case emotionally, they simply look for hard facts to answer one question "what is the probability that this marriage is not a marriage of convenience?"

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
andyloonz said:
I hear you... there was no way I could afford a consultant and I thought it was a clever idea to do the application ourselves and save ourselves a big $1500. BIG mistake! You will end up to pay much more if your husband gets refused. Not only you will lose lots of money, but lots of time if there is appeal.

Knowing each other for only four months before marriage won't be accepted by Rabat. I met my husband in the flesh two years after we met online. And it is 6 months later we got married. Four months after I sent the application, I went to visit him for 5 weeks. His visa got denied...

You may borrow money to hire a consultant who will build a very strong application. Your future life, your marriage are priceless.

simple9999

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-2013
AOR Received.
07-2013
File Transfer...
08-2013
Med's Done....
04-2013
Passport Req..
Soon Insha Allah
VISA ISSUED...
Soon Insha Allah
LANDED..........
Soon Insha Allah
Assalamu Alaykum to Everyone:

I have created an Excel worksheet for sharing timeline and estimating an interview date.

Would appreciate if everyone can enter their timeline as accurately as possible. It will help people like us on this forum alot while we wait for our applications to be processed.

I have entered the timelines for some of the users based on their postings on this forum, please correct or update if your information is incorrect.

Here's the link:

http://rabat.muslimeen.info

To ENTER/UPDATE your information, please click on EDIT IN BROWSER at the top left next to FILE.

Thanks

Terry73

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-03-2013
Interview........
12-11-2013
So we have been refused and I am at such a loss. I want to curl up and cry. This is so hard on the kids and I.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
Terry73 said:
So we have been refused and I am at such a loss. I want to curl up and cry. This is so hard on the kids and I.
Dear Terry73... I am so so sorry! You were right when you told us here you had a feeling to believe your husband was going to be refused. My heart goes out to you as I went through the same thing. I was devastated... the word is not strong enough to describe how I felt. It is normal how you feel... feeling lost, wanting to curl up and cry. I work in school libraries until 3:15 pm and after school I do private French tutoring as a sideline. When my husband told me about the refusal letter, I cancelled all my students (I see around 20 of them per week) for a couple of months. I needed the break. I was so depressed. I just mechanically did my work in the library and rushed home every day to just cry and sleep.

After some days, you are going to rebound. Now just cry and cry. You need it. Dishes can wait... do as less as possible to regain your strength. It was sickening to think that ONE person decided the faith of our future life and of our marriage, that ONE person crushed our dreams and projects. Don't despair... everything will be ok at the end.

The first thing to do is to order your notes and find a very good immigration consultant. What does the refusal letter say? What are their reasons for refusal?

We are all here to support you and go through this nightmare that will eventually END!!! Sending you a BIG hug. Write as many times as you want. Here or in a diary. It helps!

Terry73

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-03-2013
Interview........
12-11-2013
Habibti said:
Dear Terry73... I am so so sorry! You were right when you told us here you had a feeling to believe your husband was going to be refused. My heart goes out to you as I went through the same thing. I was devastated... the word is not strong enough to describe how I felt. It is normal how you feel... feeling lost, wanting to curl up and cry. I work in school libraries until 3:15 pm and after school I do private French tutoring as a sideline. When my husband told me about the refusal letter, I cancelled all my students (I see around 20 of them per week) for a couple of months. I needed the break. I was so depressed. I just mechanically did my work in the library and rushed home every day to just cry and sleep.

After some days, you are going to rebound. Now just cry and cry. You need it. Dishes can wait... do as less as possible to regain your strength. It was sickening to think that ONE person decided the faith of our future life and of our marriage, that ONE person crushed our dreams and projects. Don't despair... everything will be ok at the end.

The first thing to do is to order your notes and find a very good immigration consultant. What does the refusal letter say? What are their reasons for refusal?

We are all here to support you and go through this nightmare that will eventually END!!! Sending you a BIG hug. Write as many times as you want. Here or in a diary. It helps!
Thank you for the words, I will be messageing you for help please. Thank you so very much for the support you have shown. I sent you a private message.

simple9999

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-2013
AOR Received.
07-2013
File Transfer...
08-2013
Med's Done....
04-2013
Passport Req..
Soon Insha Allah
VISA ISSUED...
Soon Insha Allah
LANDED..........
Soon Insha Allah
Terry73 said:
I am so sorry to hear that, I understand its just so devastating and hard for you, I have been through this and the ADR and re-applied now again. My prayers are with you and with your family.

May I ask, what was the reason for refusal? and which province do you live in?

You will have to submit the Notice of Appeal Form to your registry within 30 days, you can download the form from here:

http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/res/form/Documents/IadSai428_e.pdf

Instructions:
http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/res/form/Pages/IadSai428Instruct.aspx

You may get more information on the Appeal process at the following link:
http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/BoaCom/references/procedures/Pages/ProcessSpoPar.aspx

Terry73

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-03-2013
Interview........
12-11-2013
simple9999 said:
I am so sorry to hear that, I understand its just so devastating and hard for you, I have been through this and the ADR and re-applied now again. My prayers are with you and with your family.

You will have to submit the Notice of Appeal Form to your registry within 30 days, you can download the form from here:

Instructions:

http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/BoaCom/references/procedures/Pages/ProcessSpoPar.aspx
Thank you for the information, I will do it right away and try to stay postive and focused. It is so very hard tho.

Terry73

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-03-2013
Interview........
12-11-2013
simple9999 said:

Instructions:

The reasons given were stupid and I live in Alberta

CLAUDIA P

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
I am sorry to hear that, Terry73. You and your family will be in my prayers. Do not give up!!!!! Do the appeal, Habibti has a lot of experience about her case. Terry remember is there something I can help you just let me know.

God bless you.

Terry73

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-03-2013
Interview........
12-11-2013
CLAUDIA P said:
I am sorry to hear that, Terry73. You and your family will be in my prayers. Do not give up!!!!! Do the appeal, Habibti has a lot of experience about her case. Terry remember is there something I can help you just let me know.

God bless you.
Thank you Claudia, I will keep that in mind also. Where are you from. Private message me.

CLAUDIA P

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
Dear Terry How are you?

Would you please send me your e mail to my e mail this way i will answer your questions.

Not good news for us until this moment.
RCMP sent the verification to the Canadian embassy and the Canadian Embassy has not received it yet. It is almost two months. I think it is lost. I spoke to RCMP officers and they do not keep any copy with them. I can not believe RCMP sent the verification through regular mail to the Canadian Embassy in Morocco. If my husband wants the fingerprints again he has to do the process again which it took 25 weeks. I am really sad and upset. They should ask for more money and send the verification with a tracking number. RCMP and Canada Post do not know where is the verification in this moment. Nice MP staff suggested me to do the fingerprints again.

Really sad and upset. It was not my husband or my fault and RCMP just give a simple solution. which takes more time.

I hope all of you are doing well.

simple9999

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-2013
AOR Received.
07-2013
File Transfer...
08-2013
Med's Done....
04-2013
Passport Req..
Soon Insha Allah
VISA ISSUED...
Soon Insha Allah
LANDED..........
Soon Insha Allah
Terry73 said:
The reasons given were stupid and I live in Alberta
Yes I under stand they are just soooooo......, I wish you and all best in their life. If you need any help or more info, plz do let me know. Thanks