Sponsoring husband from Morocco

RoseSaid

Jul 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 15, 2010
Hi,
Can anyone tell me, how long have you been waiting for your sponsorship applications to be processed? My husband and I just got a fax that said our application had arrived in Rabat. I'm just wondering if the "nine months" they said it would take is standard? Depending on how long it will take, I may make plans to travel over there to wait with him. Any information would be appreciated.

deegirl

Aug 29, 2008
RoseSaid said:
Hi,
Can anyone tell me, how long have you been waiting for your sponsorship applications to be processed? My husband and I just got a fax that said our application had arrived in Rabat. I'm just wondering if the "nine months" they said it would take is standard? Depending on how long it will take, I may make plans to travel over there to wait with him. Any information would be appreciated.
[/quote)

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/836957--fastest-way-to-get-to-canada-marriage?bn=1#article

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RoseSaid said:
Hi,
Hey Rose, welcome in on forum this is good website for you incha allah. yu find averything you wanting here yes.
i never hear in my life noone receive fax from visa office.are u sure its fax and not regular post mail?
it can take anything from 8 to 12 months. rabat visa office is very slow compare to 4 years ago. before it use to be only in 3 months the spouse will be in canada very soon but now so many applications from rabat office and only 2 visa officers procesing all files is too much works for them.

but dont worry incha allah ur turn will come to ok.

i suggest go to ur personal inbox on this forum.read ur messages their from other users.

Yusuf

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
RoseSaid said:
Hi,
dont have details on your situation but if you can go and spend time with your husband while he waits for the interview it would be a great idea. That would be more evidence that he could show at the interview. Nine months is an average timeline but there are no guarantees it can take twelve months it could take four months (highly unlikely) but it has happened.
you would be wise to read through this forum it has alot of useful information unfortunately it also has alot of garbage of late but you will quickly get a sense of what has been going on and skip through certain people's posts. best of luck

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
any1 know where rabat processing file these days? are they still looking at files from last year 2009 or 2008?

RJSSOME u seem knows everything. how much time is the longest time in rabat and what is the smallest time file processed in rabat from ur knowledge?

i remember Hima application completed in 1 month. is that true? possible?

can u find out from ur sources what is the smallest time in history for rabat for spouse applicatiosn and longest time in history in rabat for spouse applications? how many files submitted last year and how many approved and how many rejected?

yusuf

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joe, you can ask the questions in one place, not both here and through my inbox. I will answer. Here is my reply to your email.

I don't know everything. I just have a lot of experience with Rabat + my education as an immigration consultant.

One thing I can tell you for sure, there is no "longest time" for ANY visa office. You have to understand that each application is treated individually. I know of one application that took 3 years to process because the Moroccan had lived in other countries illegally and needed to obtain police clearances for at least 2 or 3 more countries. Then the Canadian Security and Intelligence Service can take AS LONG AS THEY FEEL IT IS NECESSARY to complete the security checks on any idividual. Even the Supreme Court of Canada cannot make CSIS move faster because their job is to protect the security of Canada. The AVERAGE times as posted on the CIC website are correct.

I've already given you the data that I have regarding Rabat. If you like, you can make a Freedom of INformation Request to Ottawa and ask your questions regarding the information you would like to receive. It normally takes about a month or two to receive the information after you request it.

I have NO IDEA what the smallest time in history is regarding a spousal application to Rabat! You also have to understand that the current Immigration Refugee Protection Act hasn't been in place forever. This was enacted in 2002. There was a different Act in place prior to that with different rules. I have no experience with applications pre IRPA. And, of course, I don't know about every spousal sponsorship file sent to Rabat since 2002. I can only tell you what I have seen and the shortest time I have seen is 4 months.

kathou

Sep 24, 2009
rjessome said:
kathou, do you have a copy of the refusal letter? It sounds like they refused based on genuiness of the marriage and one of the reasons given was the wedding. Were there others? You can file an appeal. Let us know what province you live in and we can help with instructions regarding the document to file and where to send them.
sorry it been long time no open it because im working alot and im going back to maroc and no i didnt receive any letter and it been 1 month my husband receive is

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kathou said:
sorry it been long time no open it because im working alot and im going back to maroc and no i didnt receive any letter and it been 1 month my husband receive is
Kathou.u have only 1 month to file appeal so dont waste time going to maroc for no reason.first completed ur appeal file ur appeal and then u can go moroco that will be much better for ur future case.

yusuf

kathou

Sep 24, 2009
joecreosta said:
Kathou.u have only 1 month to file appeal so dont waste time going to maroc for no reason.first completed ur appeal file ur appeal and then u can go moroco that will be much better for ur future case.

yusuf
do i send back the paper to rabat or i have to redo again all the procedure

sandybaby

May 27, 2010
is there a way to find out if someone is already married who lives in morocco??? are the records public??? i want to find out if my online boyfriend is lying to me or not, because i have a feeling that he is already married, how do i find this out???? can anyone help me please.................. :'(

kathou

Sep 24, 2009
sandybaby said:
is there a way to find out if someone is already married who lives in morocco??? are the records public??? i want to find out if my online boyfriend is lying to me or not, because i have a feeling that he is already married, how do i find this out???? can anyone help me please.................. :'(
do u have is email and password of him and yes im marry with a marocain men and im very happy with im

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kathou said:
do i send back the paper to rabat or i have to redo again all the procedure
NO! If you want to appeal the decision, you must file a Notice of Appeal with the Immigration Refugee Board, Appeal Division in the city that would be appropriate for your case. It doesn't cost anything and you don't need YOUR letter, just a copy of the letter sent to your husband. Tell me where you are and I can give you instructions on the proper form to complete as well as the address of where to send it.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sandybaby said:
Trust your instincts. If there is something telling you to check things out, then check it out BEFORE you get married. This goes for ANY marriage, not just one to a person from Morocco. I don't know if the records are public or not but you could probably contact a family law lawyer in Morocco or a private investigator to help you. Do a google search for this type of service. Yes, that will cost you money but if he is married, it would save you the money of travelling to Morocco, getting married and then all of this immigration work.

The recent story in the Toronto star that created a lot of debate on this forum (not this thread) contained one story about a woman who married a man from the Dominican Republic (I think) who left her after she had sponsored him to Canada. She hired an investigator and found out that he had a common-law wife and some children in the DR that she never knew about. I bet she wishes she had hired this investigator BEFORE she married and sponsored him.

This stuff DOES happen. Be careful.

kathou

Sep 24, 2009
rjessome said:
NO! If you want to appeal the decision, you must file a Notice of Appeal with the Immigration Refugee Board, Appeal Division in the city that would be appropriate for your case. It doesn't cost anything and you don't need YOUR letter, just a copy of the letter sent to your husband. Tell me where you are and I can give you instructions on the proper form to complete as well as the address of where to send it.
thx alot im in canada ontario near ottawa but do they have phone number that i can call thx alot for ur help

kathou

Sep 24, 2009
rjessome said:
and plus me i never receive letter it been 1 month and 2 days now that why i dotn understand