+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
memyselfandi said:
hello everyone im a new member my fiance is moroccan he is 31 im 48 ive been there twice plan on going in december to marry
what paperwork do i need to take and how long do i have to stay in morocco thx
Welcome to the forum.

Regarding your paperwork, check out the link on the Canadian Consulate's site for Morocco:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/morocco-maroc/consular_services_consulaires/marriage-mariage.aspx?lang=eng

And also, the Moroccan Consulate's to Canada site:

http://www.consulatdumaroc.ca/english.htm

Please note that if you are divorced, you need to have your divorce certificate authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs in Ottawa before you go to Morocco AND again stamped by the Canadian Consulate in Morocco.

I can only speak for myself and can advise that it took 23 days to get all of our paperwork done when I married my husband in Morocco in 2008. I have heard of others that got it done faster and some slower. You said you were going in December so make note of the Canadian Embassy's holiday schedule during that time. The time frame will also depend on how much your fiance gets accomplished before you arrive in Morocco. He needs to go visit the Adul's office to get the list of paperwork that needs to be done by him. Good luck.

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
joecreosta said:
sandybaby did u know you are responsible for his food and clothes and housing and medicals and basically pampering for 3 years from day he comes to canada? even if you divorce him within these 3 years, you are still responsible for paying all his day to day expenses including his cuban cigars and beer at the bars, just giving you an example.but literall that is what it is.
My understanding from all of my research is that a sponsor is NOT responsible for everything for three years. A sponsor is only responsible for PAYING BACK the government if the PR received benefits such as social assistance. A person does not have to buy their PR cigars and clothing or anything else. Seniors, correct me if I am wrong.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
heatherusa said:
My understanding from all of my research is that a sponsor is NOT responsible for everything for three years. A sponsor is only responsible for PAYING BACK the government if the PR received benefits such as social assistance. A person does not have to buy their PR cigars and clothing or anything else. Seniors, correct me if I am wrong.
you are right!!! if the applicant goes to a bar and racks up a bill for beer, cuban cigars and gets massages the sponsor is absolutely not responsible!

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
memyselfandi said:
thanks very much for the information, have alot to take care of, will the age difference be a problem with immigration?
rjessome is right average time is aprx 3 weeks, we were lucky and it only took ten days to get the paper work and that included us getting married but that is very unusual

as for the age difference, it may be a problem only if you dont address it well in your application
be proactive and in the summary of your relationship address it at length, how you feel about it how your husband feels about it as well as how both your families feel about it, explain if you have discussed having children and what the decision the two of you have come to,

the former Prime Minister of Canada, Kim Campbell is 18 years older than her husband, she's obviously a politician he's an artist....in my appeal i actually printed off the net info on their relationship...to make the point it does raise an eyebrow but it does work...men in Canada marry older women, not all men from other countries are just looking to marry an older woman for PR.....best of luck

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
Lois Lane said:
the former Prime Minister of Canada, Kim Campbell is 18 years older than her husband, she's obviously a politician he's an artist....in my appeal i actually printed off the net info on their relationship...to make the point it does raise an eyebrow but it does work...men in Canada marry older women, not all men from other countries are just looking to marry an older woman for PR.....best of luck
Brilliant point and well made...

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lois Lane said:
rjessome is right average time is aprx 3 weeks, we were lucky and it only took ten days to get the paper work and that included us getting married but that is very unusual

as for the age difference, it may be a problem only if you dont address it well in your application
be proactive and in the summary of your relationship address it at length, how you feel about it how your husband feels about it as well as how both your families feel about it, explain if you have discussed having children and what the decision the two of you have come to,

10 days? are you serious? it took us about 8 weeks with help of a new lawyer.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
i was there for eleven days, married on the tenth day flew back early in the morning the eleventh day, we stayed in Rabat but had to drive to my husbands home town to marry, not by choice we were told we had to, that left my husband going back to get the marriage certificate a week after I left,

i went to the embassy on June 30, they were closing early that day and didn't want to give me the paper work, i insisted seeing as july 1 they would be closed and no where on their website did it say they were closing early that day, she finally gave in and told me to come back in an hour....we didn't pay any bribes so i'm not sure why we went through so quickly...but yes i am serious...wouldn't mislead, and since i have heard so often three weeks i have never heard of anyone else getting it in less...seems i'm the exception to alot of things this particular one was in our favor the others haven't been so

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lois Lane said:
to Joecreosto, :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
O P E N Y O U R E Y E S and :-X
Lois i am surpise because normally it takes more than 3 weeks. i think maybe becuse our laywer we have was new lawyer and dont know so much about mix mariages it take us 8 weeks i dont know. but i remember we waited a few days to receive papers from canadien embassy. we filed papers thursday morning and got them monday afternoon. so its not bad.

for anyone going to morocco for mariage. read about timings of embassy. do not pay any money to boys on streets to make ur stuff faster.. if police catches u u can be in troubles.big one. when u go outside foreign affairs wait in line rather then paying money to boys.

lois. 10 days still un beleiveable. did u marry in small city? we married in Casablanca thats where she from.

yusuf

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
joecreosta said:
Lois i am surpise because normally it takes more than 3 weeks. i think maybe becuse our laywer we have was new lawyer and dont know so much about mix mariages it take us 8 weeks i dont know. but i remember we waited a few days to receive papers from canadien embassy. we filed papers thursday morning and got them monday afternoon. so its not bad.

for anyone going to morocco for mariage. read about timings of embassy. do not pay any money to boys on streets to make ur stuff faster.. if police catches u u can be in troubles.big one. when u go outside foreign affairs wait in line rather then paying money to boys.

lois. 10 days still un beleiveable. did u marry in small city? we married in Casablanca thats where she from.

yusuf
i've never heard of anyone taking 8 weeks, the norm seems to be 3 weeks, we were in Rabat and so all was very quick, then we got married in Meknes which is a major city, little confused about your MIXED marriage?? your muslim is she not muslim? my husband is muslim i'm not and still it was very quick

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lois Lane said:
i've never heard of anyone taking 8 weeks, the norm seems to be 3 weeks, we were in Rabat and so all was very quick, then we got married in Meknes which is a major city, little confused about your MIXED marriage?? your muslim is she not muslim? my husband is muslim i'm not and still it was very quick
Lois, sorry making u confuse. ok here's details. it take us 8 weeks from time I go to Canadien embassy for papers. from that day until we got our mariage certificate from foreign affairs in rabat. took total of 8 weeks. this includes time after the mariage cerimoney at Aaduls office.and time took us to legalize our marriage going to courts so many different. and finally taking to transaltor to english translate it and then taking english translations back to foreign affairs.

all process take me 8 weeks.

but from time going to Canadien embassy to time getting married at Aaduls office was exactly 5 weeks.

yes i am a moslim man and she is also a moslim woman. pretty strickt one she is. i am no longer allowed to have female friends even at work. i am also not allowed for going parties with friends because alcohol is gona be there. i am not allowed to live a day without praying 5 times. so u can she how controlling she is. but at end of day I LOVE HER and SHE LOVE ME. thats what i like.

yusuf

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lois Lane said:
love is grant Yusuf

it makes better people out of us all

i hope it all works out for you!
thanks Lois,first time i see me and you talking sweet words.its like worldwarIII here between me and all haters of this form.but ur right.LOVE brings real person out.and i hope u dont judge me based on past posts.i am a man human to and i sometimes get mad to just like u and any1.so i hope u forgive me if i say bad thing.

yusuf

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
joecreosta said:
thanks Lois,first time i see me and you talking sweet words.its like worldwarIII here between me and all haters of this form.but ur right.LOVE brings real person out.and i hope u dont judge me based on past posts.i am a man human to and i sometimes get mad to just like u and any1.so i hope u forgive me if i say bad thing.

yusuf
hmmm well you see, i left the screen open on my computer and to my disbelief, my daughter wrote that...have no idea what would possess her to comment she's never done that before geeeeeeeeeeeeees

that being said, i am holding my white flag up high
but drawing a line in front of me that is not to be crossed over.....

i ask you to think about how you feel about your wife and think that maybe just maybe some MEN from Morocco are also in love with their wives
consider also that there is a possibility that the large majority infact are even the young MEN with older wives

be respectful when cautioning people about the fraudulent marriages...often how you say things is the biggest issue

goodluck