+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a spouse from Egypt

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Boncuk said:
That's RIDICULUS!
It gets BETTER!!! I called the Egypt Visa office, to follow-up as they had left their contact information. There is a recording, and it says that due to Canada's privacy laws, they will not give out personal information on the phone, but if I want I can fax a note to the visa office.

In addition, they say you can check the status of your application by going to: 'www.immigration.gc.ca/cairo' , and then click on the link that says 'inquiring on my status'

I can't find such a link on the page!

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
lol reminds me of the many times I asked about payment of fees abroad and they kept referring me to cic website and on the website it says contact the local embassy and it went back and forth like that.. I am TRULY frustrated with it.. 50 days and nothing from them to this day.. if I get the same email I don't know what I will do.. maybe pounch the monitor cuz that's the only thing I can take this out on :(

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
I have a question for those that are already in process.. how long after you were approved in Mississauga did you receive the AOR.. and did you get it by email or letter in the mail? I would appreciate your answers!

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Adding two more questions...how long does it actually take to transfer a file from Canada [CIC-M] to Cairo? I have heard in some instances with citizenship issues, it's about a week. If anyone has any insight into that, it would be appreciated.

Finally, if the applicant actually goes to the Embassy will they be able to get any information on their file, with respect to status (is it in process or even received), or file number etc? Has anyone ever done it?

thanks

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Hey Rasha, Sorry for what is happening with you.
I agree with Marlena, I guess it is best to call CIC Mississauga and check if they have already sent your file.
in my case, Damscus office didn't reply to our emails until the day they start processing it,witch is Feb 12, even that as I recall from the CAIPS,they got the file in the mid December or end of January , they sent me an AOR dated Feb 26 saying that they have started processing m file in Feb 12, witch the e-cas show it as well.
From post over this forum, transfering file varies from country to other, I guess they don't have a specific time frame.
About the applicant going to the consult and asking, I don't think he is allowed to enter the embassy without having a specific reason to do so, and I don't think they will give him any information.
So the best you can do is calling CIC .

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Rasha.. you know how it is there.. you wont get anywhere unfortunately. The air on that side of the embassy is THICK! lol They will probably shoo him away. but looks like no one has seen our questions yet.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
More news for people.....

I called CIC-M and they confirmed with me that the file was sent out on April 8th, 2009. It has left their office. NOW, what I find most interesting, is how the files are transferred. The CIC Agent informed me that all files are transferred via Diplomats going to the area. They are not sent via mail, but with actual people!!! As a result, it can take up to 6 months for a file to received at the local embassy of the spouse's home country!!!

[So how the h@ll are people getting their files done within 3 months??? ....because at that time, diplomats are (were) going more often.....]

Finally, unless you have signed a Representative Form to get information from/of your spouse - I did that for the CAIPS, but unless that form is signed, you will get NO information directly on your spouse's case.

So I am no further ahead than I was before the bloody email from Egypt - BUT at least I know that the file left the Canadian office on April 8th. When did Minister Kenney get into the Middle East? lol maybe our files [Boncuk] are with him, and will be there 'soon'.....maybe he had Marlena's too ...and since he was in Lebanon first, we (egypt) are second (later) on the docket lol.... I am being sarcastic here, really...I have no idea. But I hate waiting.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
quick reply, cause Ihave to go.
in my case, they have told us that they send application to local office in diplomatic courier to ensure they don't get lost, mine took 6 month, but other from buffalo to damscus took 1 month, so I ask your same question , how people get approved in 3 month??????????????????????????
got to go now, I will read the post tomorrow, stay strong Rasha, God is with us..:)

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Rasha sorry for hearing about your situation but at least you know the file left Canada. Left the cold weather toward the warm one.
I guess Mr. Kenney was in Lebanon first so he dropped mine than heading to Egypt with your file and Boncuk since he can't afford to take a plane he decided to walk especially taking advantage of the nice weather.
In my opinion it shouldn't take more than 2 weeks the most to be received by the visa office abroad.
I don't know if Boncuk can call CIC-M as well and request when her file was transferred and see if the date is the same and perhaps also let her email the embassy in Egypt to see if she's getting the same response.
Good luck!

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
First that sounds highly strange that they would use people (diplomats) to send piles of applications. I know they use diplomatic mail which is like registered mail so does take longer but to have it travelling with the person.. I dunno if I buy that. That would mean a diplomat would have to travel weekly to embassies to give packages from Canada. Rasha I know I've told you but when my daughters citizenship certificates were finalised in Canada the woman there told me they receive those cloth bags with correspondence from Canada and that it comes weekly. When it didnt come that Monday we waited the next week and it came. I think that CIC agent was talking out of their you know what like so many it seems. I think it's just a matter of our apps havent been officially entered into the system because they haven't gotten to our pile yet. It's there.. collecting dust. Look at it this way.. How come the same time last year our friends applying had differences in the AOR's as well. some were 6 weeks some 2 months one was a record 2 weeks. or less.. (Nessy) It just doesnt make sense to me about their own system in the visa office in Cairo. I haven't received an email from them nor any updates on ecas.. I think I am looking at a good 60 days before anything shows up for me or more..
BTW Marlena mine was sent from Mississauga on March 30th I learned that on the second of April. I emailed the visa office as well and I haven't received a response from them.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Boncuk said:
First that sounds highly strange that they would use people (diplomats) to send piles of applications. I know they use diplomatic mail which is like registered mail so does take longer but to have it travelling with the person.. I dunno if I buy that. That would mean a diplomat would have to travel weekly to embassies to give packages from Canada. Rasha I know I've told you but when my daughters citizenship certificates were finalised in Canada the woman there told me they receive those cloth bags with correspondence from Canada and that it comes weekly. When it didnt come that Monday we waited the next week and it came. I think that CIC agent was talking out of their you know what like so many it seems. I think it's just a matter of our apps havent been officially entered into the system because they haven't gotten to our pile yet. It's there.. collecting dust. Look at it this way.. How come the same time last year our friends applying had differences in the AOR's as well. some were 6 weeks some 2 months one was a record 2 weeks. or less.. (Nessy) It just doesnt make sense to me about their own system in the visa office in Cairo. I haven't received an email from them nor any updates on ecas.. I think I am looking at a good 60 days before anything shows up for me or more..
BTW Marlena mine was sent from Mississauga on March 30th I learned that on the second of April. I emailed the visa office as well and I haven't received a response from them.
1. They don't use diplomats, they use diplomatic couriers. There is a group of people who spend their working lives traveling from office to office delivering and picking up mail for other offices. This way files don't go through the regular post service and can't be opened by the receiving country. Look at it this way, how would you feel if you were a refugee claimant in Canada and the file was reviewed by the country that you were claiming against. It could put your relatives in real danger.

PMM

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
So that makes sense .. I figured as such.. I didnt think a diplomat would be lugging apps around! lol So my question is.. I wonder how often the diplomatic couriers go.. do they wait for a bunch than go.. or if its just one or two they go.. what's bothering us is the process in Cairo really lol A couple of us got approved in CPC-M Mar 30 and Apr 8 and to this day the visa office claims they don't have it.. so this is what brought the discussion on!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Boncuk said:
So that makes sense .. I figured as such.. I didnt think a diplomat would be lugging apps around! lol So my question is.. I wonder how often the diplomatic couriers go.. do they wait for a bunch than go.. or if its just one or two they go.. what's bothering us is the process in Cairo really lol A couple of us got approved in CPC-M Mar 30 and Apr 8 and to this day the visa office claims they don't have it.. so this is what brought the discussion on!
Some offices see the couriers once a week, other every couple of months, depends on the volume of mail to that particular office.

PMM

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
snail mail...

God help u guys, It was a very stressful time. I am enjoying a cup of tims hot coffee... Yummyyyyyyyyy

Tim Hortons gave free small iced coffee for everyone to try today... lol it is sooooooooo nice.. i loved it so much...