+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a spouse from Egypt

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
yeah, I was going to put into this order....

I want an IN PROCESS, AOR, interview waived and see my hubby before ramadan!!!!

here's hoping guys :)..bismillah....

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
:) hey im not the only one online here :p
INTERVIEW WAIVED FOR RASHA!!!!
INSHALLAH.. I want decision made before Ramadan .. ya rab!!!

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
First congratulations Boncuk! I am so happy for you! :) It will not be long before u will hear from them inshallah. I think the next forward date is in 40-50 days and inshallah it will be a positive one. When i called my MP on July 8th, 2008. He told me that they had already made a descision and they were only waiting for the documents they asked for (proof that i will return to canada lol I was already there) and the security check. So for some poeple they do approve from the first reivew. I know some other cases have to go to higher authority in the office to be approved.

Inshallah I am sure you will hear before ramadan! :)

Rasha, I am sure ur file is next because I am 100% sure they have ur file! Hopefully you will hear the good news fast.

Marlena, I thought in case of war, they give people who have canadian spouses like temporary visa to Canada. So if there is a way in Lebanon I guess ur hubby will be elligable for that. I know so many people who did this in the first on the 2006 war. Check into that.

Fairouz

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Hello there,
Did I miss something, or the nescafe didn't did her work in my head yet...did you get any news Rasha?
fairouzm, about what you said, that in Marlena case and my case, if there is a war we can get a temporary visa to canada, do you have a site or any other info concerning this subject, because I am really scared from this issue. My husband told me that they should in case of war, issue my PR in a quick way so I will be able to travel.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
What about me if i'm still early in process.
Rasha perhaps I have too much coffeine this morning. Did you receive AOR or it's only a joke. nshallah ya rab. I was thinking about you last night while I was planting my flowers and thought I should bring you a large coffee from Tim Horton's and go and visit you at the hospital.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
I don't know Marlena, I was doing some Google search (my very best friend) about the evacuation of the Canadian citizen in Lebanon during war 2006. I found some info there, but wasn't able to understand well, either they give the people waiting their PR in Lebanon a temporary visa, or they expedite their application and give them the PR.
but what I really understand and was shocked about , is that they have evacuated 15.000 person from Lebanon witch costed the Canadian government lot of money, ...15.000 person has the nationality that is a big number for a population of 3.5 million.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
By the way I didn't know they pay people their flight ticket for the election????
Yes every Lebanese in Ottawa is leaving to Lebanon in the next month. Imagine 4 of my cousines they are leaving to spend the summer over there. We have no clue if the situation is unstable. If you search the number is very high this year. I'm predicting it's going to be a record for this year.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
MARLENA said:
What about me if i'm still early in process.
Rasha perhaps I have too much coffeine this morning. Did you receive AOR or it's only a joke. nshallah ya rab. I was thinking about you last night while I was planting my flowers and thought I should bring you a large coffee from Tim Horton's and go and visit you at the hospital.
haha No I don't have the AOR or news yet, but come on, yalla you are welcome anytime!! I am at the General Campus, and if you are in the area, I'd love to have a cup of coffee with you!

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
We should make a lebanese/egyptian chit chat thread lol
We are praying for news for Rasha.. although I do wish she did receive her AOR.. :)
I didn't receive a response from my email that they requested so dont know if they figured it out and our sending his AOR or what.. I checked his email and nothing.. so maybe its coming snail mail.. ya rab I pray my postman has brains enough to read HIS name in English and figure it out..

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Marlena, they pay lotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt of money for people to elect in lebanon..:))
well, yes there is lot of people coming to lebanon for several reason: election, didn't come since long time, and the sad part are the lebanese who lost their job in the gulf area, there is a huge number of family returning from the Golf area.
I am still wondering about if they issue us a expedite PR in case of war...if yes...maybe I wish for a war...just joking...can handle a war anymore.

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Ok girls...

yes two things can happen. Either give your hubbies PR right away or give them temporary visa for a year and then they can apply for pr within Canada. I used to work at an admissions office and you should see how many people came with Temp visa and were accepted into universities withouth transcripts because the Canadian government said so!

This was on the first war which happened on July 2006. Alot of people came this way! Also, I know so many Palestinian friends who came here this way as well because of the gulf war.

Hopefully nothing will happen but if it happens you guys will be ok.

I am not really sure where to find that info online but I am sure cic has somehting about it.

Fairouz

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Thank you faurouzm for your great info, hopefully nothing will happen, but now at least I don't have to worry much about my situation.
1 question if you please, when you say if we get a temporary visa, we can apply for PR within canada, that means they will countinue the processing of my file, witch must be now in desicion level, or we will have to start another kind of application in order to get the PR