+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a spouse from Egypt

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Boncuk said:
no freaking anything yet.. can you sense my impatience?
I was looking at the previous track'ed info, and those before us got their AOR anywhere from 6 weeks - 8 weeks from the time of sponsorship approval. You are nearing 60 days Boncuk, I am nearing 50, so we should be hearing from them soon!

keep the faith :)

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Trying wallahy :) Just want something.. just to know they actually opened it up lol Hey guys whats the history with Cairo on returning items after the visa has been issued. I would really like to get some things back.. I didn't have enough time to photocopy some stuff so I ended up sending originals and 100 pictures that I wouldnt mind getting back.. is there a way to request it back? Or do they just send it back without asking...?

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
they returned the photos... they didn't return my greting cards though which i sent the original. I didn't really care coz i wasn't going to take them with me to Canada.

I asked for them to be returned. but the photos they say on the application taht they will return them to u.

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
waiting waiting waiting .. depressed.. lol i hate looking at ecas but i cant stop.. its like a drug.. lol it's effected my life so much that I have about 10 ppl asking me if I checked ECAS today lol

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Praying for good news for you and me Boncuk this coming week :-D.

From what I have been hearing, with the wealth of items we both submitted ...fingers are crossed for an interview waive :).

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
I just heard from the Egypt CIC as I emailed them last week because we need to send some additional documents - and we don't yet have an AOR from my husband, and also thus no file number for his side. The file was send on the 8th of April, and it's now 20th of May [6 weeks later].

Egypt has informed me that they have not received his application!!!!!!!!! Here in Canada, the application was approved without any issues or delays.

My questions are:
1. Is is possible that they (Egypt) have the file, but have not yet opened it, thus are saying it's not 'received', as they are not yet processing it?
2. How long does it take for CIC-M to actually send a file from Canada to the Egypt Consulate?
3. Should I be concerned that the file appears to be in limbo (dare I say LOST), should I contact other officials to see where the file actually is, and should I be requesting CAIPS notes at this time?

thanks guys.
salam, Rasha

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Hi Rasha, I'm sorry to hear the bad news. In my opinion you should call CIC-M and inform them. They will be able to determine when at what date the file has transferred to Egypt. They must keep a track in their system. You can afterward confirm with Egypt.

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Rasha, I know we have talked on msn but I am just writing so everyone doesn't panic. I know I did when I got the same exact reply a year ago. I think this is an automatic response because we got the exact same letter word by word. I am sure that the office has it but they can't telll u that they are slow because this is what they told me exactly and they opened it like in a few days after my email. then it appeared on e-cas. I think they are just lazy and they can't say oh we have it but didn't get to it yet. lol