+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor on parole! PLEASE HELP ME!

Z

Zeinab20

Zeinab20 said:
Hello everyone!

I have met my soul mate online and we have been talking lots for a couple of months now. We call, email, chat, video-chat and send each other posts too! :) I am a student from the Netherlands and he is a a Canadian citizen. We are sure about our future and we will meet each other this August. We also have plans to get married this year. As he is on parole he probably can't come to visit me, that is why I will visit him instead. We are both quite young and do a lot of research but sometimes we don't know what to believe :( I am worrying a lot that things will be hard for us because my love is on parole. He was convicted for an aggregated assault and break&enter. The victim was not a relative and he has spent quite some time in prison. Fortunately he is free now and has changed his life. He works now and soon he will get himself a permanent job. He called an immigration officer and he was told that because of his criminal record it might bring the procedure some problems but what that exactly will be, we would know until he start the sponsorship. I called a Canadian consul here in the Netherlands and explained our situation, he told me that there is definitely hope but I don't know if he just said because he wants money. (emigration advice agency's are super expensive!!!) That is why we decided to do all of this alone as long as we are informed well by doing research. I told my love to talk to a lawyer and he made an appointment in two weeks.
I don't know what to do, I am really desperate because I have no support at all from my family just because my love has a criminal record :'( What will our changes be? Can my love sponsor me in this circumstances? I don't have any criminal record. Will our changes increase when we get married in August and have at least a marriage certificate and photo's besides our phone bills, posts gifts, emails and chats?
PLEASE REPLY TO MY MESSAGE. ANYONE?

A desperate young lady that just really wants to start a life with her soul mate :(
Dear members I forgot to include something inevitably into above mentioned background. He was under influence.. I don't know if this would affect the judging by an officer on the circumstances of the crime and I don't know on what base an application will be approved by an officer regarding this situation.