+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP 2016 applicants

gsingh2711

Apr 30, 2016
I am currently on PGWP, NOC B job in Ontario.
I applied for my wife's visitor visa with the help of a lawyer and it got rejected last month, I've applied for SOWP (Paper application - Chandigarh, 10th June, 2016 with upfront medical) now with the help of this forum. Hoping for the best :/

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
gsingh2711 said:
I am currently on PGWP, NOC B job in Ontario.
I applied for my wife's visitor visa with the help of a lawyer and it got rejected last month, I've applied for SOWP (Paper application - Chandigarh, 10th June, 2016 with upfront medical) now with the help of this forum. Hoping for the best :/
Hope for the best man.

kveashoka

Jan 25, 2014
Hi there
SOWP Online with upfront medicals
Applied online March 24,2016
MEdical passed March 31,2016
Passport Request June 15,2016 - Is that mean I got approved? Because, Online application is still open.

Is there anyone have any idea about time taken for visa stamping in india. ? VFS agent told 2 months to have the passport again. It doesn't jive. Thanks for helping.

nikhil.bhatia

Oct 12, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
O-8 (L-9, R-8, S-7, W-7)
File Transfer...
24-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Interview........
N.A.
Passport Req..
17-02-17
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
anu2788 said:
Congrts Nikhil :) kindly share the list of document you attached with your application.Thanks :)
hello, i applied for my wife's work permit through vfs new delhi (paper based)

following are the list of documents i attached

IMM5488E
IMM1295E
IMM5645E
MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
MY WIFE'S MEDICAL
PASSPORT
2 PHOTOGRAPHS
PHOTOCOPIES OF HER ACADEMICS
MY JOB LETTER(INDICATING MY NOC CODE, SALARY, JOB DUTIES)
MY T4(TAX RETURN FORMS)
COPY OF MY WORK PERMIT
MY PASSPORT COPY
BANK STATEMENT FOR THE LAST 6 MONTHS
MARRIAGE PHOTOGRAPHS

THAT'S IT

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
nikhil.bhatia said:
hello, i applied for my wife's work permit through vfs new delhi (paper based)

following are the list of documents i attached

IMM5488E
IMM1295E
IMM5645E
MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
MY WIFE'S MEDICAL
PASSPORT
2 PHOTOGRAPHS
PHOTOCOPIES OF HER ACADEMICS
MY JOB LETTER(INDICATING MY NOC CODE, SALARY, JOB DUTIES)
MY T4(TAX RETURN FORMS)
COPY OF MY WORK PERMIT
MY PASSPORT COPY
BANK STATEMENT FOR THE LAST 6 MONTHS
MARRIAGE PHOTOGRAPHS

THAT'S IT
Congrats Nikhil,
I have applied for my wife SOWP on April 29th without medicals and my work permit is getting expired on November 6th, I've received my PNP also my federal file number, addition to that, I've also added my wife to the Federal application. There is a minimum eligibility to apply for SOWP, like i have to have a Work permit for at least 6 months, at the time of application it was. So, my question is would that affect SOWP as it has crossed the 6 months validity?

Cheers

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
kveashoka said:
Hi there
Passport Request June 15,2016 - Is that mean I got approved? Because, Online application is still open.

Is there anyone have any idea about time taken for visa stamping in india. ? VFS agent told 2 months to have the passport again. It doesn't jive. Thanks for helping.
It's almost been approved just few more days of wait. Usually to get your passport back it takes upto 5-7 busi days. People submit their passports upfront so that if it the visa will be approved they don't have to wait for another 7 days to send the passport and wait for Embassy to receive it;. Once Embassy receives your passports and complete the stamping process your online status will change as well. It says open just because they haven't stamped a visa on passport yet. Hope it helps. So be patient you have came a long way another couple of weeks or less!!

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
Navprateek said:
It's almost been approved just few more days of wait. Usually to get your passport back it takes upto 5-7 busi days. People submit their passports upfront so that if it the visa will be approved they don't have to wait for another 7 days to send the passport and wait for Embassy to receive it;. Once Embassy receives your passports and complete the stamping process your online status will change as well. It says open just because they haven't stamped a visa on passport yet. Hope it helps. So be patient you have came a long way another couple of weeks or less!!
HI there, Can you please shed some light on this please? Any thoughts?
I have applied for my wife SOWP on April 29th without medicals and my work permit is getting expired on November 6th, I've received my PNP also my federal file number, addition to that, I've also added my wife to the Federal application. There is a minimum eligibility to apply for SOWP, like i have to have a Work permit for at least 6 months, at the time of application it was. So, my question is would that affect SOWP as it has crossed the 6 months validity?

Cheers

hiransiddharth

Dec 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-03-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016 (CIC RECVD FILE ON 17TH May)
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-20-2017
kveashoka said:
Hi there

It wont take more thn 10 days :) ...Yes it is approved that's why they asked for your passport !!

Congratulations

Regards,
Sid

hiransiddharth

Dec 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-03-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016 (CIC RECVD FILE ON 17TH May)
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-20-2017
Unsung said:
HI there, Can you please shed some light on this please? Any thoughts?

Cheers
@UNSUNG : Did you attach your PNP letter with SOWP application and mentioned them that you have already applied for PR with your spouse name on it ?? I also got my PNP but not the federal file number....... so i mentioned that part on my spouse SOWP application... I applied on 9th may.

Just heard on the automated message today they working on file submitted 7th may 2016 or before with processing time of 26 days (online) Keep me posted... I am not sure with your work permit past... but read somewhere on ths forum that if you apply before your work permit is valid for 6 month or more.. you will go through easily... just a note i thik BOWP is just for the principal applicant not for the spouse ... How it goes from there i have to figure out too.... Which PNP you got ?

Regards,
Sid

Raj soni

Aug 19, 2013
Hey guys,

Help me with this..

I applied for my wife for SOWP..With consultants in canada...

I applied on 19th April, 2016 without medicals...

I haven't heard anything from CIC yet .. Its been 2 months..

Can anyone share time line or anything that helps..

Thank you.

suddeb

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
Hi,

I have applied for my wife's Open Dependent Work Permit on 10th June with medical and all the details.
It's a paper based application in New Delhi. Any Idea how long it will take to get the visa? Though the processing time is showing 2 months, I don't think it will take that long. What is your experience?

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
hiransiddharth said:
@UNSUNG : Did you attach your PNP letter with SOWP application and mentioned them that you have already applied for PR with your spouse name on it ?? I also got my PNP but not the federal file number....... so i mentioned that part on my spouse SOWP application... I applied on 9th may.

Just heard on the automated message today they working on file submitted 7th may 2016 or before with processing time of 26 days (online) Keep me posted... I am not sure with your work permit past... but read somewhere on ths forum that if you apply before your work permit is valid for 6 month or more.. you will go through easily... just a note i thik BOWP is just for the principal applicant not for the spouse ... How it goes from there i have to figure out too.... Which PNP you got ?

Regards,
Sid
Hi Sid,
Yes, I attached my PNP letter with SOWP application, I got nominated from BC PNP, I applied on April 29th.