Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
subramani_vs said:
Hi one topsy. I'm in need of your help. Pls suggest a way out.

I've run into a problem with my spouse passport. She has both Indian and Seychelles passport and the later is expired (8 years). So, we decided to surrender the passport and hence didn't provide those details while submitting for SINP. But I've mentioned in the travel history that she has been there for 2 months. Now, people around me are asking me to renew it so that she can avail the benefits of being a Seychelles citizen.

1) Will SINP find out that she has 2 passports even though I haven't revealed those details?
2) Can I renew the Seychelles passport and include it now by sending those scanned copies to SINP or better cancel it? Will SINP treat it seriously and ban me from entering Canada?

Your suggestions pls.
Well, you really haven't done anything wrong by not mentioning and expired passport. (my opinion)
If you get a new passport. Inform them

xlnzee

Oct 6, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
charan_yalala said:
Hello Zee,

Can you please explain your education Bachelor of Commerce? was it a MBA (Master in Business Administration)
If it is MBA, what was your undergraduate study?

As far my know in INDIA,
A Bachelor of Commerce (abbreviated B.Com. or B.Comm.) is an undergraduate degree in business (or commerce) and related subjects. The degree is also known as Bachelor of Commerce and Administration or BCA.

The reason Iam asking is in your WES report, it shows Bachelor Degree as four years.

Regards
Charan
I have done B. Com bachelor of commerce for 3 years but WES has certified it as 4 years and mentioned specialization as "Business Administration".

Hope this clarifies.

darklord

Oct 12, 2014
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
N/A-EE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015 (SINP); 04-12-2015 (CIC)
Nomination.....
05-10-2015
AOR Received.
04-12-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded to SINP Online
Med's Request
Not Applicable - Upfront for EE
Med's Done....
Upfront medicals
subramani_vs said:
Hi one topsy. I'm in need of your help. Pls suggest a way out.

I've run into a problem with my spouse passport. She has both Indian and Seychelles passport and the later is expired (8 years). So, we decided to surrender the passport and hence didn't provide those details while submitting for SINP. But I've mentioned in the travel history that she has been there for 2 months. Now, people around me are asking me to renew it so that she can avail the benefits of being a Seychelles citizen.

1) Will SINP find out that she has 2 passports even though I haven't revealed those details?
2) Can I renew the Seychelles passport and include it now by sending those scanned copies to SINP or better cancel it? Will SINP treat it seriously and ban me from entering Canada?

Your suggestions pls.
When you say surrendered the passport, do you mean your spouse gave up the nationality as well? Surrendering passport and giving up nationality/citizenship are two different things. Regardless, SINP I requires one to fill in the online forms applicant's citizenship for all countries, in this case, did you provide them the info that your spouse is a citizen of Seychelles?

This is the exact sentence in the Oasis website "Please enter the country of citizenship for the applicant. If the applicant has more than one country of citizenship, please add another record by clicking on "Create another Citizenship screen" button to the right"

To answer your questions, SINP may find out about Seychelles passport if they do background checks. So in such cases, it would have been better if you had submitted information that you had surrendered passport or citizenship (if it was surrendered).
Renewing the Seychelles passport and submitting it again makes sense only if your spouse is still a citizen. If your spouse is a citizen and only passport has been surrendered, not providing this information will amount to misinterpretation. In such a case, regardless of the passport status, send an email to SINP and attach documents where you show you have surrendered passport.

Hope this helps.

darklord

Oct 12, 2014
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
N/A-EE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015 (SINP); 04-12-2015 (CIC)
Nomination.....
05-10-2015
AOR Received.
04-12-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded to SINP Online
Med's Request
Not Applicable - Upfront for EE
Med's Done....
Upfront medicals
mahfuzul80 said:
Dear Mates,

I made an mistake during paying my RPRF fee. I had an understanding that I could pay this fee using MyCIC account. So I just follow the RPRF request letter instruction as below -

"Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 7 days from the date of this correspondence. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account."

So I uploaded the RPRF request letter, transmitting the documents and seeking option for making additional payments. Later, I discovered that I should pay using different channel and should upload the payment receipt and then should submit.

Now I really got worried regarding this issue. Please suggest if I did any wrong taking the following steps -

I open a Case Specific Enquiry (CSE) at Singapore office and provided a LOE attaching my payment receipt, RPRF request letter and request them to forward it to concerned visa/case officer.

Did I do any wrong? Do you have any other suggestions for me?
Only option for you after you did not pay the RPRF fee on time (if this is what you did, as its not clear from your message) was to send a CSE, which you did. Hope CIC will consider this and process your application.

Hopeful63

Feb 7, 2016
Hi one topy,Charan and others

As I mentioned before I got rejected by sinp because my major of bachelor degree is material engineering that is not related to my work experience NOC code 2174(computer programming).
But I have Microsoft Certificates in programming and according to my searches I found this:

Have completed a minimum of one year of post - secondary education or training which is comparable to the Canadian education system and has resulted in a degree, diploma, certificate, or a certificate equivalent to a trade certificate (that is verifiable);

So is it feasible that I send My microsoft certificates to SINP and they accept my nomination?

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
Hopeful63 said:

As I mentioned before I got rejected by sinp because my major of bachelor degree is material engineering that is not related to my work experience NOC code 2174(computer programming).
But I have Microsoft Certificates in programming and according to my searches I found this:

Have completed a minimum of one year of post - secondary education or training which is comparable to the Canadian education system and has resulted in a degree, diploma, certificate, or a certificate equivalent to a trade certificate (that is verifiable);

So is it feasible that I send My microsoft certificates to SINP and they accept my nomination?
That seems sensible to me. You can either ask to reconsider your application with the new evidences or alternatively prepare your documents for the next intake including your new professional certificates.

Remember reconsideration takes ages to decide.

mapleback

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Jun 2015
Nomination.....
01 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
03 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
01 Dec 2015
Passport Req..
01 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16 Feb 2016
Hopeful63 said:

You would have to prove that any post-secondary certification aquired requires at least one year of full time study and backed by a transcript from an institution. The same rules would also apply to the Microsoft Certification, unfortunately.

mahfuzul80

Apr 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
22-12-2015
AOR Received.
13-01-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
29-01-2016 (Passed)
darklord said:
Only option for you after you did not pay the RPRF fee on time (if this is what you did, as its not clear from your message) was to send a CSE, which you did. Hope CIC will consider this and process your application.
Thanks darkload and sorry for not being so clear to you.

Actually, I didn't upload the payment receipt on MyCIC account. Mistakenly, I transmitted the CIC RPRF request letter only without the payment receipt. I assumed that I could make the RPRF payment through MyCIC account.

Later, while I discovered that the RPRF payment should be done through different authorized channel, that's already late by then.

So I send an CSE to Singapore and explained in LOE why I failed to upload the payment receipt attaching the RPRF Payment receipt.

Hope it will work for me. So I am seeking if anybody has different suggestions.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Hopeful63 said:

I doubt Microsoft Certification will be accepted. Anyone can write those exams without training/education. Except you went to a training institution (like Aptech or NewHorizons) that are Microsoft Training Partners and got a diploma in computer studies of which the Microsoft certification was acquired along the way - I don't think it will work just providing certificaiton

das369

Feb 18, 2016
My express entry profile went from
Background check : not started
to
Background check : in progress

and then Back ground check : not required at this time

Again it went back 2 days ago to

Back ground check : in progress.

It is the second time it has went into progress. Is anyone having same issues like me

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
das369 said:
to

It is the second time it has went into progress. Is anyone having same issues like me
It probably means you're close to the end

dontelother

Oct 27, 2014
Earth!
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2016
Nomination.....
Dec-2015
AOR Received.
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Jan-2016
das369 said:
to

did you get ghost main regarding the change of these statuses???