Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Feb-2017
Hello members, I've run into a problem with my spouse passport. She has both Indian and Seychelles passport and the later is expired (8 years). So, we decided to surrender the passport and hence didn't provide those details while submitting for SINP. But I've mentioned in the travel history that she has been there for 2 months. Now, people around me are asking me to renew it so that she can avail the benefits of being a Seychelles citizen.

1) Will SINP find out that she has 2 passports even though I haven't revealed those details?
2) Can I renew the Seychelles passport and include it now by sending those scanned copies to SINP or better cancel it? Will SINP treat it seriously and ban me from entering Canada?

Your suggestions pls.

Prakash79

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Anand
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
NOC 2232
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17th Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16th Jan-2016
Nomination.....
16th March-2016
AOR Received.
04th April-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 14th April-2016
Passport Req..
21st sept
ankit_46 said:
nope, still not receiving any mail regarding ineligibility from SINP. 5 days have gone now.
When ever u receive the reason , get informed in this forum , will help us.
Thanks in advance.

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
subramani_vs said:
Hello members, I've run into a problem with my spouse passport. She has both Indian and Seychelles passport and the later is expired (8 years). So, we decided to surrender the passport and hence didn't provide those details while submitting for SINP. But I've mentioned in the travel history that she has been there for 2 months. Now, people around me are asking me to renew it so that she can avail the benefits of being a Seychelles citizen.

1) Will SINP find out that she has 2 passports even though I haven't revealed those details?
2) Can I renew the Seychelles passport and include it now by sending those scanned copies to SINP or better cancel it? Will SINP treat it seriously and ban me from entering Canada?

Your suggestions pls.
My clear and loud suggestion/advice is: never hide anything.

I am presenting a paragraph of "Misrepresentation" from CIC official guide and I assume that the same rule may be applicable for SINP too.

Withholding:
To hold back from doing or taking an action; to keep (within); to refrain from granting, giving, allowing or “letting ‘it’ be known.” A person can misrepresent themselves by being silent just as easily as a person who actively states a “mistruth.” A person who refuses or declines to answer a question, preferring instead to allow outdated or false information to be accepted as current or true information, is engaging in the activity of misrepresentation.
Example: A vehicle with four individuals arrives at a port of entry and the driver is asked if all the occupants in the car are Canadian citizens, to which the driver replies, “yes.” One of the passengers is a foreign national and remains silent. That individual is withholding facts.

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf02-eng.pdf

Reena786

Dec 1, 2014
@One_Topsy,

Could you please add me to the whatsapp group, my cell number - 001-91-9503785107, as SINP pnp is the only ray of hope for me.

Thanks in advance!!

Best Regards to all!!

thanguye

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
darklord said:
Translator Affidavit is required if one does not use a official translation office (they provide translation on official letterhead with contact details, stamp and they will be registered officially in this country they operate for providing translation service).

If one uses someone who is not an official translator, then they will need to provide affidavit so that they can declare their competency.

So translator affidavit depends on from where (or with whom) you are getting the documents translated. Telling I did not provide translator affidavit but got nomination is misleading without providing context.
Thank both guys to give me the clear comments.

subramani_vs

Aug 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Feb-2017
nickarter84 said:
My clear and loud suggestion/advice is: never hide anything.

I am presenting a paragraph of "Misrepresentation" from CIC official guide and I assume that the same rule may be applicable for SINP too.

Withholding:
To hold back from doing or taking an action; to keep (within); to refrain from granting, giving, allowing or “letting ‘it’ be known.” A person can misrepresent themselves by being silent just as easily as a person who actively states a “mistruth.” A person who refuses or declines to answer a question, preferring instead to allow outdated or false information to be accepted as current or true information, is engaging in the activity of misrepresentation.
Example: A vehicle with four individuals arrives at a port of entry and the driver is asked if all the occupants in the car are Canadian citizens, to which the driver replies, “yes.” One of the passengers is a foreign national and remains silent. That individual is withholding facts.

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf02-eng.pdf
Our original plan was to cancel that passport and that's why I didn't update those details while submitting SINP. I never intended to hide anything from them. Can I renew it now and send the copy to them?

Your help in this regard will be very much appreciated.

mydream2016

Dec 3, 2015
Hi Seniors,

I have an old passport which is not machine readable (MRP) and it also expired on 2013. Also dont have any visa there. Should i mention about this passport in my SINP and CIC application?

Please suggest.

Thanks

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
mydream2016 said:
Hi Seniors,

I have an old passport which is not machine readable (MRP) and it also expired on 2013. Also dont have any visa there. Should i mention about this passport in my SINP and CIC application?

Please suggest.

Thanks
No, not necessary

Hopeful63

Feb 7, 2016
Hi One topsy,Charan and others

Unfortunately SINP has rejected me due to my bachelor degree is not related to my work experience.my bachelor degree is material engineering and my work experience is computer programming(NOC 2174).
one thing that makes me confuse is CIC has accepted me as NOC 2174 with material engineering bachelor degree and based on CIC accepatnce I decided to apply for SINP.
Then what can I do now?Why CIC has accepted me but SINP has rejected me?
Do you have any suggestion for me?
thank you for your time and consideration.

charan_yalala

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2015
Doc's Request.
01-01-2016
Hopeful63 said:
Hi One topsy,Charan and others

Unfortunately SINP has rejected me due to my bachelor degree is not related to my work experience.my bachelor degree is material engineering and my work experience is computer programming(NOC 2174).
one thing that makes me confuse is CIC has accepted me as NOC 2174 with material engineering bachelor degree and based on CIC accepatnce I decided to apply for SINP.
Then what can I do now?Why CIC has accepted me but SINP has rejected me?
Do you have any suggestion for me?
thank you for your time and consideration.
Hello Hope,

I am really sorry for your rejection and This is one of the most important factor that SINP is rejecting the applications saying that, but, I seriously think this rule should be changed.

Educational/Training Credentials
You do not have a minimum of one-year work experience in the past ten years related to your field of
education or training in a skilled position

If your Engineering major is Computers, Electronics and Electrical then SINP will accept it with NOC 2171 or 2174
Most of the requirements in the companies for IT when they are employing you ask for only Bachelors degree with engineering and they do not specify the major
You should show at least one year related to your education in the last ten years
For example.. if you are doing job of IT and your education as material engineering then it's problem and SINP will not accept it.

SINP is very adamant and will not change the rules with regards to proof of funds or Educational/Training Credentials as per SINP Guide.

Topsy has suggested that you need to look at other NOCs like 2281,2282 and 2283 which might not require the above rule.

Regards
Charan

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
subramani_vs said:
Our original plan was to cancel that passport and that's why I didn't update those details while submitting SINP. I never intended to hide anything from them. Can I renew it now and send the copy to them?

You can do it now, and explain in a letter about your situation,
because in the next CIC stage you must disclose each and every single piece of information.
I found SINP very much understanding (Except in the case of Proof of Funds)

Your help in this regard will be very much appreciated.

Hopeful63

Feb 7, 2016
charan_yalala said:
Hello Hope,

I am really sorry for your rejection and This is one of the most important factor that SINP is rejecting the applications saying that, but, I seriously think this rule should be changed.

Educational/Training Credentials
You do not have a minimum of one-year work experience in the past ten years related to your field of
education or training in a skilled position

If your Engineering major is Computers, Electronics and Electrical then SINP will accept it with NOC 2171 or 2174
Most of the requirements in the companies for IT when they are employing you ask for only Bachelors degree with engineering and they do not specify the major
You should show at least one year related to your education in the last ten years
For example.. if you are doing job of IT and your education as material engineering then it's problem and SINP will not accept it.

SINP is very adamant and will not change the rules with regards to proof of funds or Educational/Training Credentials as per SINP Guide.

Topsy has suggested that you need to look at other NOCs like 2281,2282 and 2283 which might not require the above rule.

Regards
Charan
Dear Charan
thank you for your response
how many percent I may be accepted under NoC 2282 or 2283?
and why CIC has accepted me under NOC 2174?

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Hopeful63 said:
Dear Charan
thank you for your response
how many percent I may be accepted under NoC 2282 or 2283?
and why CIC has accepted me under NOC 2174?
Technically, CIC has not accepted you as NOC 2174. You've only created your profile and indicated that is your NOC. The only time CIC checks this is AFTER you get ITA and submit eAPR.
Having said that - if you check CIC NOC guide, NOC 2174 usually needs a degree/diploma that it computer related.
NOC 217x is NOC A and they are referred to as "professional jobs" which usually require relevant education.
Check here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp
Unfortunately your education is not related. Your best bet in my opinion is to see if you can get a NOC B to match your job description.
NOC B is referred to as "technical trade" - you usually need a diploma and can learn on the job, hence they can be more lenient on the degree matching the job.

Hopeful63

Feb 7, 2016
One_Topsy said:
Technically, CIC has not accepted you as NOC 2174. You've only created your profile and indicated that is your NOC. The only time CIC checks this is AFTER you get ITA and submit eAPR.
Having said that - if you check CIC NOC guide, NOC 2174 usually needs a degree/diploma that it computer related.
NOC 217x is NOC A and they are referred to as "professional jobs" which usually require relevant education.
Check here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp
Unfortunately your education is not related. Your best bet in my opinion is to see if you can get a NOC B to match your job description.
NOC B is referred to as "technical trade" - you usually need a diploma and can learn on the job, hence they can be more lenient on the degree matching the job.
Dear Charan,One-tops
thank you a billion time for your help and consideration.