Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
Hello121 said:
Are you sure about this? I've never heard about this before. I always thought you could visit your spouse as long as you like.
It's true for Canadian PR. You can not be out of Canada except short visit like 2-3 weeks.

kcmtno

May 1, 2012
finnally, my parents comming. cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrssssssssssss/.

type: familly.
from quebec.
tranfers to singapore 2009.
mediacal and update files: 12/2011.
passport request: 15/may.
passport return:11/july.
landing: 29/july.
wellcome montreal.
goodluck everybody and hope all waiting will become your happiness.

tony nguyen.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
kcmtno said:
finnally, my parents comming. cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrssssssssssss/.

from quebec.
wellcome montreal.

tony nguyen.
Congratulation!!

rakibcsebuet

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
kcmtno said:

from quebec.
wellcome montreal.

tony nguyen.
Congratulations !

Could you please tell me when did you submit the passport? cuz, I have submitted my passport on 24th May, 2012 but still did not get the visa.
But, you got it on 11th July. How did you get the passport return? via VFS?

Please let me know these things.

Thannks.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
rakibcsebuet said:
Congratulations !

Could you please tell me when did you submit the passport? cuz, I have submitted my passport on 24th May, 2012 but still did not get the visa.
But, you got it on 11th July. How did you get the passport return? via VFS?

Please let me know these things.

Thannks.
Rakib,
Don't worry. You will receive your passport very soon. I read in another forum, one person got his passport back on July 17. He is from Bangladesh.

cslave

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2012 from LVO
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Request
20-12-2012
Med's Done....
04-01-2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
26-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-07-2013
LANDED..........
04-08-2013
kcmtno said:

from quebec.
wellcome montreal.

tony nguyen.
Congrts !! Can you please your timeline, When did you apply in missisauga ?

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
Re: Lets write to immigration minister for this "punishing time" (processing time!)

Shiny88 said:
I dont know what they think about us sponsor spendings lots of money,visiting,sending gifts,calls...a lot of money we spend when we could spend it to start our life here.
Exactly Shiny.

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
Amy612 said:
It's true for Canadian PR. You can not be out of Canada except short visit like 2-3 weeks.
OMG, I didnt know about this.

heavyheartman

Jul 16, 2012
Bold9900 said:
Hello heaveyheartman,

I am in the same timeline as you E-CAS also show “Application Received” I have been sending email to Singapore Visa Office updating my file because my wife was pregnant.... until my baby was born two months ago....still no response from SVO. I don't think SVO will reply to me because I am still within the timeline of 21 months. I have also contacted my local MP in March and they got back to me the next day telling me I am still within my timeline but they will check again for me with Immigration this September. I am also waiting for those magical words “In Process” but I give up and just learn to be patient, I don't think you have to worry too much and nothing you can do....waiting is our game with Immigration...wishes we all can get our PR soon.

Cheers
Hey Bold,

My MP got back to me today with the following from Singapore office: Was told my wife's file is still under going review by an officer and are unable to give an approximate time when this stage of the process will be completed. Was also told that the processing time (received July 2011) was quite normal for applications as complicated as spousal sponsorships. :( At least I know they are looking at it:) I'm very confident about the application which was sent.....should be a no-brainer for whoever is reviewing the file. I wonder if I should bother sending Singapore "another" supporting document package (i.e. western union receipts, emails, used phone cards, upcoming 4th spousal visit plane ticket, etc.) ? Perhaps that would be overkill? lol well, at least I'm fortunate enough to make enough money that I can visit my wife every 6 months for a couple weeks.

Thank you Bold, for your encouragement, it's very much appreciated and well needed as I know you understand this more than most. Thank you and best wishes to you & wife! I hope there is progress in your wife's file soon!

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
Heavyheartman, So you applied in July 2011? Has your wife gotten an interview letter?

heavyheartman

Jul 16, 2012
Amy612 said:

I've never heard of this!? I've never seen this anywhere on the CIC website or in their forms....where did you learn this, I'm curious and shocked all in one.

What would be their rational in limiting how long a sponsor can leave and visit their spouse? You would think that if a sponsor makes an effort to visit their spouse, it would show genuineness and a continuing relationship? Especially when supplied with accompanying photos, hotel receipts, gift receipts, passport stamps, plane ticket stubs, etc for each visit?

It's only natural and should be expected to want to spend time with your spouse if finances allow, especially when your thousands of mile's apart from each other.

heavyheartman

Jul 16, 2012
Hello121 said:
Heavyheartman, So you applied in July 2011? Has your wife gotten an interview letter?
My wife has not received ANY correspondence form Singapore since submitting the Application. I would be very surprised if she did get an interview letter based on the over whelming amount of evidence that was sent to them and the fact it was all pre-screened by a top Immigration lawyer who also said that there would be no reason at all to request an interview as the relationship was quite obvious and accounted for.

I've also emailed CHC a few times over the year to ask whether or not they sent anything......never got a response back:(

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
heavyheartman said:
My wife has not received ANY correspondence form Singapore since submitting the Application. I've also emailed CHC a few times over the year to ask whether or not they sent anything......never got a response back.
Wow. Over a year and no word. My wife recieved an interview letter around 9 months after we sent in our application(and was told that was a long wait) so hopefully that means that you wont be getting one.

heavyheartman

Jul 16, 2012
Hello121 said:
Wow. Over a year and no word. My wife recieved an interview letter around 9 months after we sent in our application(and was told that was a long wait) so hopefully that means that you wont be getting one.
I hope & pray that you're right:) Again though, my wife & I would be extremely surprised & disappointed if she ever got the interview request.....as the paperwork which was sent was very thorough and covered all the bases with no "flags".

I thank you for your uplifting words and wish you & your wife a speedy process with a happy ending:)

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
heavyheartman said:
I've never heard of this!? I've never seen this anywhere on the CIC website or in their forms....where did you learn this, I'm curious and shocked all in one.
I got it in www.cic.gc.ca website. Guide 3900
If I live outside Canada, may I sponsor?
If you are a Canadian citizen, you may sponsor a spouse, a common-law partner or conjugal partner, or a dependent child who has no children of his or her own. However, you must demonstrate that you will live in Canada when the sponsored person becomes a permanent resident.

Note: Permanent residents residing abroad may not sponsor from outside of Canada. Canadian citizens travelling as tourists are not considered to be residing abroad.