Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
heavyheartman said:
I've never heard of this!? I've never seen this anywhere on the CIC website or in their forms....where did you learn this, I'm curious and shocked all in one
Sponsorship eligibility
In order to sponsor, you must…
•be 18 years of age or older,
•be a Canadian citizen, Registered Indian or permanent resident,
•be sponsoring a member of the family Class,
live in Canada or provide evidence , if you are a Canadian citizen living outside of Canada, that you will live exclusively in Canada once the person you are sponsoring becomes a permanent resident.
•sign an agreement with your spouse or common-law partner confirming that each of you understands your obligations and responsibilities,
•sign an undertaking promising to provide for your spouse or common-law partner’s basic requirements and, if applicable, those of his or her dependent children,
•prove that you have sufficient income to provide basic requirements for your spouse or common-law partner’s dependent children. To do this, you must provide documents showing your financial resources for the past 12 months. This requirement applies only when dependent children who have dependent children of their own are included on the application.

kcmtno

May 1, 2012
rakibcsebuet said:
Congratulations !

Could you please tell me when did you submit the passport? cuz, I have submitted my passport on 24th May, 2012 but still did not get the visa.
But, you got it on 11th July. How did you get the passport return? via VFS?

Please let me know these things.

Thannks.
receiving the passport stamped visa is related to what country, and which officer keep your files. i submited passport in IOM-vietnam and they sent and received. 2 months is fast for me, i know somebody submit from januarry but not back.
but dont wait, the thing happend is happend, just send to the singapore the email and express your emotion in waitting, they will understand and check for you.

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
Amy612 said:
Sponsorship eligibility
In order to sponsor, you must...
•be 18 years of age or older,
•be a Canadian citizen, Registered Indian or permanent resident,
•be sponsoring a member of the family Class,
live in Canada or provide evidence , if you are a Canadian citizen living outside of Canada, that you will live exclusively in Canada once the person you are sponsoring becomes a permanent resident.
•sign an agreement with your spouse or common-law partner confirming that each of you understands your obligations and responsibilities,
•sign an undertaking promising to provide for your spouse or common-law partner's basic requirements and, if applicable, those of his or her dependent children,
•prove that you have sufficient income to provide basic requirements for your spouse or common-law partner's dependent children. To do this, you must provide documents showing your financial resources for the past 12 months. This requirement applies only when dependent children who have dependent children of their own are included on the application.

I saw that before but I dont think there's anything there that says you can't visit your spouse in another country for periods of time.

stentorian

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
11-05-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
Up Front
Passport Req..
21-09-2016
LANDED..........
29-10-2016
rakibcsebuet said:
I have sent my passport with other documents to Canadian High Commission in Singapore by FedEx. I had to collect a forwarding/authorization letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Bangladesh and had to give FedEx that letter for custom clearance purpose. Otherwise they would not take my passport for carrying.

But, I did not receive my passport back from CHC, Singapore yet. I did not send them return envelope from FedEx because they don't have one :( FedEx has given me an account number and told me that if I give this account number to the CHC, Singapore, then CHC will be able to send my passport (with other documents) via FedEx to me and I will have to pay the shipping charge on receipt of my package from FedEx in Bangladesh.

This is all that I know.
This is really a very nice group that would help lots of anxious people waiting for getting their visa !
Hi Rakib, if U kindly please tell me the process of collecting Authorization letter from foreign ministry as I want to send passport by FedEX.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
Hello121 said:
I saw that before but I dont think there's anything there that says you can't visit your spouse in another country for periods of time.
Yah I agree with you. The problem is you have to maintain the residency in Canada. You can always visit your souse as many times as you want. But it should be short visit. During your processing , if they find out you are not in Canada for long time they will ask you to submit the proof that you reside in Canada other wise they will cancel the processing. This thing happens to many people specially where the VO processing time is longer like Islamabad and Singapore. This will increase the processing time also.
I know some cases CIC refused because after the sponsorship approval the sponsor left Canada and started to live with his spouse during the rest of the processing.
This is the only reason I am just waiting in Canada for my spouse and child. If I am allowed to visit them for three months I am ready to go right now. :)

rakibcsebuet

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
stentorian said:
Hi Rakib, if U kindly please tell me the process of collecting Authorization letter from foreign ministry as I want to send passport by FedEX.
You have to go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangladesh' s office and ask them one. You may explain the purpose of your need for an authorization letter. You can get it within one day !

Thanks.

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
Amy612 said:
Yah I agree with you. The problem is you have to maintain the residency in Canada. You can always visit your souse as many times as you want. But it should be short visit. During your processing , if they find out you are not in Canada for long time they will ask you to submit the proof that you reside in Canada other wise they will cancel the processing. This thing happens to many people specially where the VO processing time is longer like Islamabad and Singapore. This will increase the processing time also.
I know some cases CIC refused because after the sponsorship approval the sponsor left Canada and started to live with his spouse during the rest of the processing.
This is the only reason I am just waiting in Canada for my spouse and child. If I am allowed to visit them for three months I am ready to go right now. :)

I see. For sure Amy. Just before it sounded like regular long holiday visits.

alibaba_ctg

Mar 6, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
AOR Received.
05/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
12/2012
Interview........
12/2012
Passport Req..
03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
03/2013
LANDED..........
soon
Can any one help me with my TRV application ? what kind of document i have to provide for it ??

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
@ Shaheenaz , how are you?i guess you are in bd with your husband, hope you are enjoying to the fullest. I guess the weather is still very hot in bd. tc=)

stevent

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
Hi everyone,
For those who are waiting for returned passports with visa stamps and COPR's, here is my wife's timeline who applied from Vietnam through Singapore VO.

Passport drop-off at IOM office in Ho Chi Minh City: June 11, 2012
Received phone call from IOM office to pick up visa and COPR: July 20, 2012
Picked up visa and COPR: July 23, 2012

Best of luck to everyone.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
stevent said:
Hi everyone,
For those who are waiting for returned passports with visa stamps and COPR's, here is my wife's timeline who applied from Vietnam through Singapore VO.

Congratulationssss. No more waiting for you :D

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
Two of my received passport with visa and copr.
Sunmit passport april 17 2012,
Received 15 july 2012

rakibcsebuet

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
mirjahan said:
Two of my received passport with visa and copr.
Sunmit passport april 17 2012,
Received 15 july 2012
Wow ! Great news ! after 3 months !!!
Could you please tell me how did they get their visa? via VFS or anything else? are they from Bangladesh?

Thanks and Regards.

Wiggie

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/05/2011
File Transfer...
09/06/2011
Med's Request
14/05/2012
Med's Done....
Original 26/04/2011 Re-medical 15/05/2012
Interview........
16/01/2012
Passport Req..
18/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
22/10/2012
LANDED..........
08/11/2012
stevent said:
Hi everyone,

Congrats and I wish you and your wife a happy landing : )

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
stevent said:
Hi everyone,

Congratsssssssss:)