Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
soon coming
VISA ISSUED...
soon happening
LANDED..........
soon will happen
Lets write to immigration minister for this "punishing time" (processing time!)

Hi Guys/Gals: Can we all together or individually write an email or letter to immigration minister about some effective changes in the processing time or waiting time or someone calls it "punishing time" for spousal application to be processed with certain period of time like Australia for example within 6-8 months ? Please brainstorm for making a standardized "timeline" for "punishing us" to make a decision on our spousal files. We can put some good points how to "scrutinize" the PR application at the VISA post and make a decision within a 'certain' mentionable period of time. So that we all can prepare for our waiting time and cry a little less during the waiting (punishing period) period. Because some people wait 6 months and some wait 18 months or 22 months! This is completely 'unfair'. There must be some way out to standardize the process like Australia does. Please write to him by emails or by letters. Thank you all for reading this post. Apasha.

eludor

Star Member
Feb 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
06-12-2013
AOR Received.
17-05-2012
File Transfer...
17-05-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2012
Interview........
I guess interview NOT required
Passport Req..
NOT yet
VISA ISSUED...
NOT yet
LANDED..........
Already in Canada with TRV
Re: Lets write to immigration minister for this "punishing time" (processing time!)

aarongpasha said:
Hi Guys/Gals: Can we all together or individually write an email or letter to immigration minister about some effective changes in the processing time or waiting time or someone calls it "punishing time" for spousal application to be processed with certain period of time like Australia for example within 6-8 months ? Please brainstorm for making a standardized "timeline" for "punishing us" to make a decision on our spousal files. We can put some good points how to "scrutinize" the PR application at the VISA post and make a decision within a 'certain' mentionable period of time. So that we all can prepare for our waiting time and cry a little less during the waiting (punishing period) period. Because some people wait 6 months and some wait 18 months or 22 months! This is completely 'unfair'. There must be some way out to standardize the process like Australia does. Please write to him by emails or by letters. Thank you all for reading this post. Apasha.
I like your post "punishing time". Lets do it.... I am in... I will write soon

What about you guyz?

blessedelaine

Dec 10, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
61312 mailed out
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
61512 CPC-M received
AOR Received.
82112- thru email
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
012813-email/ Submitted all docs: 040213
VISA ISSUED...
042513 PDOS.......:042613
LANDED..........
rose87 said:
I am so depressed right now. A lawyer told my mum for me it can take a year or 1.5 years because now a days singapore delays spouse visa.
Awww.. 18 months is a loooooongggg time..

aarongpasha

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
August 2012
Med's Request
July 24 2013 re-medical
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
soon coming
VISA ISSUED...
soon happening
LANDED..........
soon will happen
Few Points here to add:

1. If PR application takes longer than 6-8 months to complete processing, a sponsor should be allowed to visit his/her spouse for longer than canadian holidays like 15-21 days (especially for PR). Because if they find that the sponsor is out of Canada for longer than Canadian standard holidays period (in a year), the Visa Officer has a choice to refuse the application. It happened with some of the people in the past.

2. TRV should be made easier for spouse to visit and stay with her/his sponsor at least for 6-12 months during the processing of the application at the VISA point. It could be on condition that if (in case) the PR application turned down, the spouse MUST leave Canada within a certain period of time.

3. Appeal (ADR/IAD) chances for genuine relation (which was refused just based on 'weaker information' (but not fake!) in the application package ) should be faster and rewarding because it was mis-judged by the Visa Officer or mistake. May be VISA officer was angry on that particular day! It could also happen. Right? A VISA Officer MUST never give decision while they are angry or dissatisfied with their personal life or otherway!

4. The individuals who married late ((like after 35 or so) and if it is "first time marriage" for both parties (sponsor and spouse), the application should get faster processing. However, for 2nd and 3rd time marriage issues could be dealt in a normal speed process. What do you guys think ? If not all, but a good number of 2nd & 3rd time marriages happen due to gain PR in Canada. I know few in person.

more points are coming soon .....thanks.....please give your input....

doccad

Jul 19, 2012
Amy612 said:
I am in the same situation like you. My husband sent an email to Singapore and received the same reply:
" Your file is with our security officer for review. "

Could you please let me knoow when have you received the email from Singapore? I received on July 12, 2012.
Thanks
Sure I will.
If I understand well, the next step should be receiving PPR email.
Does the interview is waived this point (In Progress)? We plan my wife and I for her to come here in Canada with a tourist visa.
I hope there will be no interview during this time.

aarongpasha

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
August 2012
Med's Request
July 24 2013 re-medical
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
soon coming
VISA ISSUED...
soon happening
LANDED..........
soon will happen
Hi 121: Thanks.

I have one point to say to Immigration minister:

** When a person waiting for his/her 'loved one' to join him/her (for an undefined time!), the person loses creativity and working efficiency which could be detrimental for both persons involved. It could be detrimental to physical or/and mental health of the parties involved. Is it not scary for some people? yes it is. I know a person who got mentally so destroyed after 18 months of waiting (punishment for him), and as he says he feels like he is in the PRISON but living in one of the 'most' free/fair countries in the world. Do you feel his pain? Because he got married late at his 41 (could happen to anyone) and came from a culture who can't just go out and have fun with anybody in the bar/nightclubs and then come home drunk. NOT everybody can do it while his/her spouse is waiting in other country to get in and start their normal family life. It does not matter which religion or cultural background that person is from! It is very simple for that particular individual to understand that he/she is being singled out in the society while some official is 'suspecting' him as in a fake relation.

** why does it take so long and so hard to decide to PUNISH and expel a fake person from Canada, if it is proved qualitatively and genuinely??

** Temporary Residency Status for spouse is actively practised in the USA and the UK, for 2 years for a new spouse. Why we, in Canada, thinking that could be 'abusive'?? If abusive then protect the 'victim' and punish the 'sponsor' too. Make aware the spouse in the PORT-OF-ENTRY that if she/he is 'abused' by his/her sponsor during this 2 years of temporary residency, please contact the number 1-800-000-0000 etc....and etc....

These are just my personal thoughts coming up in mind for the last few days......to let the minister know.....and think over it.....please come up with other new ideas....Thanks...for reading it,...

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
sry apasha, I deleted my last post.lol. sry. I've had quite a few beers.lol. But ok, would love to chat. Appreciated actually.

I see your points in a few things. Some mean nothing and some seem good from what I know but I don't know alot. Just have been trying to sort things out as well. I do think you know alot more about immigration thn me but still wanna say.

I do like how you don't slay Singapore as I dont believe, either, that there is alot they can do. Its the Conservative party. One I have been a voter of for as long as I could vote.

It just seems to me that they came in and called heavy math. Base way too much off of probability and thats a huge mistake imo. Seems they have basically told their immigration employees that they are making cutbacks and to start to base things quicker off past mathematical histories for that area/culture. With these $$$ cutbacks, Singapore isnt allowed the time to really look deep into relationships.

I believe that this is a HUGE mistake ayyynd will cost Canada as much as they're saving..not to mention costs of the future.

Canada needs to look at immigration as an incredibly important investment. We need to let it be known that we are for money spent on immigration.

Apasha, its really, really nice to hear you on this site and this forum. Its lonely for us out here. Thanks. :)

p.s. I dont think that it is that hard to expell the baddies or to decipher relationships. I think tht really isnt that expensive. I think it is a matter of an attempt to get more elites here. Similar to what the US did with physicists in the mid 20th century.lol.olol

p.p.s. When do we write our government and which one? Just so I can let know every single friend who is an immigrant, or whose father was an immigrant or whose grandfather was an immigrant in on this. I think a good idea. Serious.

ppps. On your 1st point. I dont lose creativity or work time while my wife lives away. I work extra for focus. To make sure that while my wife lives away from me, she lives the same as me. I work so that I can see her and make that limited time off I am allowed to be a great time with her. Make excellent memories and not make her hurt so bad to marry a far away Canadian like me. Make my Cambodian wife happy and to have great holidays in Cambodia. Of course, this initally started off as evidence of my genuine marriage because the plan was to spend this time on a new home and her education here. She's a smart cookie. Its a shame.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
Re: Lets write to immigration minister for this "punishing time" (processing time!)

aarongpasha said:
Its a very good idea to write emails or letters to the minister and explain ourselfs and the situation about immigration but i would say that we need a huge number of people protesting about the spouse visa processing and fairness. We need a large number of people to act at the same time. I am sure few people once in a while write to him but its only few people. I dont know what they think about us sponsor spendings lots of money,visiting,sending gifts,calls...a lot of money we spend when we could spend it to start our life here. I feel so sad that they decide the future of us this way and we have to be separated for so long for some poeple. Why they do not make a law that once the spouses arent in genuine relationship after coming to canada, to send them back with their own money or goes to jail! atleast that would help for those cheating with the system. I am tottaly desperate losts interest in so many things since the beginning, loosing hope day by day, and depress ,thinking about dying and crying almost everyday?! we are becoming mentally ill, living with tension and confusion about when when when that day gonna come.My ecas is on application received for 15months,do we have the right to know what the hell is going on for that long?atleast some damn updates?! At the end we are human how much we can take , we have feelings too. I do not have any criminal background,nothing netheir does my husband, but see we are treated as if we are already guilty of something we didnt do,or think about doing somehow. i dont know what to say, our life has no value to them thats all...

9month exactly today since i received interview letter, still waiting without any news updates,calls..they need to start with serial number!first come first served! :'(

saint4peace

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Taiwan
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2012
AOR Received.
July 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 29, 2012
Passport Req..
November 20, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 12, 2014
Hi Hello 121:

"Singapore isnt allowed the time to really look deep into relationships." - what do you mean by this statement ? Please explain for my better understanding.

I don't know about some individual who could be more creative and productive in absence of their wife? It is not that you working 9-5 and coming home and living with your wife. It is that you have been away from your wife so long (alone for long 18 months) but not intentionally, but for immigration. It definitely does not make anyone more creative! I completely disagree, sorry to say my truth of feeling. Wife could be very pleasing and comforting beside you after you come back from work. Right ? Please consider every person is not the same. Only a bad relation can a person happy in absence of his/her spouse. Make sense? Probably yes. Thanks for reading it.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
doccad said:
Sure I will.
If I understand well, the next step should be receiving PPR email.
Does the interview is waived this point (In Progress)? We plan my wife and I for her to come here in Canada with a tourist visa.
I hope there will be no interview during this time.
I am sure that at this point of processing no interview is required. Now they may ask only security interview if some thing wrong pops up during background check. All the best.

saint4peace

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Taiwan
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2012
AOR Received.
July 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 29, 2012
Passport Req..
November 20, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 12, 2014
Hi shiny88: Thanks. I really echo with your voice. I can hear your heart for your husband. I wish you all the best. Hope he joins you soon. I am drafting a letter with some good points to send it to J Kenney thru emails and postal mail to his office. If he can stop somebody's life, he should be able to take away the 'stop' of somebody's life too. I guess. There are always ways to figure out punishing the fake relation and give lesson to the culprits. Ban them (fake people) sponsoring anybody in their entire life. Put their photo in the immigration sites. Why NOT? Why innocent will suffer for culprits ? Please think about writing to ministers all these points...and read my previous posts as well. I think his email ID is: minister@cic.gc.ca

Thanks again..

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
saint4peace said:
Hi Hello 121:

"Singapore isnt allowed the time to really look deep into relationships." - what do you mean by this statement ? Please explain for my better understanding.

I don't know about some individual who could be more creative and productive in absence of their wife? It is not that you working 9-5 and coming home and living with your wife. It is that you have been away from your wife so long (alone for long 18 months) but not intentionally, but for immigration. It definitely does not make anyone more creative! I completely disagree, sorry to say my truth of feeling. Wife could be very pleasing and comforting beside you after you come back from work. Right ? Please consider every person is not the same. Only a bad relation can a person happy in absence of his/her spouse. Make sense? Probably yes. Thanks for reading it.
I'm not sure St but Canada is making cutbacks and I dont doubt that means more work for Singapore VO's. Which means less allowed time to really look and listen to people and their relationships. So with that you have to make quicker decisions based on history for area and culture. Seems Singapore area didnt make Canada alot of money.

I can now understand why I needed more explanation, I wasnt prepared. I listened to friends and should have gotten a lawyer. I had a decent application but I had 'flags'. Why do I have to wait 2 years to even have a chance to cover those PUNY flags?

Anger St.. Anger made me work. Almost hatred for some time.lol As well, of course, in trying to make the best of this time and that gets selfish.

The point was tho that almost every dime I make here in Canada goes elsewhere. Not Canada. Not a new home and car, not my wifes education, not even going out for dinner and drink with friends. I want our 1st baby to be born here in front of my mom who hasnt grandkids yet. However, I have no idea what immigration is looking for, when they will look or even how hard they will look. I work for my wifes life, my vacations with her and lolol evidence.. Our future.

I'm Canadian fromalot of generations now. I love Canada. But you'll know your wife is your home when you marry. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. I wake every morning wanting to cry. Life is so bleak, my situation I feel right now, but that doesnt mean we have time to fall apart.

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
Apasha, I think interviews should be recorded. Video.

Have read some on that CanLii site and some conversations seem a little awry. I think, no kidding, communication problem. Or shyness.lol. But still think it would be better recorded.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
They delay cases those they think have something fishy in them.
They either delay those cases or call for an Interview.

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
aarongpasha said:
1. If PR application takes longer than 6-8 months to complete processing, a sponsor should be allowed to visit his/her spouse for longer than canadian holidays like 15-21 days (especially for PR). Because if they find that the sponsor is out of Canada for longer than Canadian standard holidays period (in a year), the Visa Officer has a choice to refuse the application. It happened with some of the people in the past.
Are you sure about this? I've never heard about this before. I always thought you could visit your spouse as long as you like.