Dec. 3, 2015
Med's Done....
Sept 7, 2015
Passport Req..
May 27, 2016
LANDED..........
July 7, 2016
needhimback said:
Lol good old Mahmood, he seems to be signing his life away lol (many of us here received his signature) he getting real popular !!!

Way to go TracyCa64
My application was received by Benedykta :D Is this another common receiver?

TracyCa64

Aug 28, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2, 2015
Doc's Request.
Form IMM5409 requested Feb 20, 2016
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2015
File Transfer...
SA- Dec 10, 2015 ** DM- March 14, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Rec'd March 18, 2016
LANDED..........
April 16, 2016
Bricksmith said:
Did you use the postal service? Canada Post is good, but still sometimes things get lost. That's why I paid extra for courier (Purolator)
I sent it Xpress Post through Canada Post. It cost $25 with tracking & signature. It didn't have far to go so I figured it would be okay.
I am just glad it made it there even if it was a few days late.

makeithappen2015

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
AOR Received.
NONE
File Transfer...
10-30-2015
Med's Request
11-13-2015
Med's Done....
11-13-2015
Interview........
waived.
Passport Req..
05-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2016
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
Bricksmith said:
My application was received by Benedykta :D Is this another common receiver?
Mine was received by Shannon last Sept 2.

rxdude

Star Member
Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2015
AOR Received.
10-12-2015 @ 8:59am
File Transfer...
17-12-2015
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-05-2016
LANDED..........
soon
Hello everyone :) , hope you all had a great thanksgiving. so I sent my application end of September it was received October 5th, I got 2 questions if someone can help:
1- I read that some people got their app returned back for silly reason like missing to fill a use of Representative form ( while they didn't have one) is that even real I thought you fill this form only if it's applicable? !!
2- my wife is currently living in Egypt, what are the chances of her being granted a visitor's visa until the process is complete, given that i will write a letter to explain that due to the long process time we are requesting a multi entry visitor's visa, she is currently unemployed, but i have a decent job in Canada , and when would be the best time to apply if any ? I will follow the October thread but it's still at the beginning thought to get some input from you guys since you are more advanced ;)

Thanks everyone in advance

stephcy

Star Member
Dec 15, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
22-10-2015
File Transfer...
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
21-07-2015
Passport Req..
DECISION MADE 07.03.2016 - no passport request
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR 14.03.2016
LANDED..........
19-03-2016
rxdude said:
Hello everyone :) , hope you all had a great thanksgiving. so I sent my application end of September it was received October 5th, I got 2 questions if someone can help:
1- I read that some people got their app returned back for silly reason like missing to fill a use of Representative form ( while they didn't have one) is that even real I thought you fill this form only if it's applicable? !!
2- my wife is currently living in Egypt, what are the chances of her being granted a visitor's visa until the process is complete, given that i will write a letter to explain that due to the long process time we are requesting a multi entry visitor's visa, she is currently unemployed, but i have a decent job in Canada , and when would be the best time to apply if any ? I will follow the October thread but it's still at the beginning thought to get some input from you guys since you are more advanced ;)

Thanks everyone in advance

Hi rxdude,

1. The use of representative form must be filled only if you have a representative otherwise you don't need it. I don't think you will have your application returned for that, it's an optional form. I didn't send it and never got my application returned.
2. Your wife has the right to be granted a visitor's visa for staying in Canada during the process of your application, you just need to show proves that you will provide for her, and you will be doing it anyways as you are sponsoring her. Make sure you get her a visitor health insurance as well, is very important and I will suggest that you add a copy of the receipt that you have applied for sponsorship visa. I don't see any reason why she will not get a visa. I'm a visitor in Canada for more than a year now. I was here for a year before we even apply for the PR visa, and now they granted me an extension until June 2016, which is suppose to be the time around I will get the results of PR. On your letter of explanation mentioned that you will provide for her, that she wants to have the possibility to travel back home (multiple entry visa). Attached bank statements for the last 3-4 months, a letter from your employer with your salary etc..

Good luck :)

makeithappen2015

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
AOR Received.
NONE
File Transfer...
10-30-2015
Med's Request
11-13-2015
Med's Done....
11-13-2015
Interview........
waived.
Passport Req..
05-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2016
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
hs64 said:
My application was received on 9 September.. And today is 9 Oct.. Still waiting for the AOR ;(
Ours war received Sept 2, 2015. No AOR or any other updates from CIC. it has been exactly 42 days since then :mad:

sara94_ca

Sep 25, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
makeithappen2015 said:
Ours war received Sept 2, 2015. No AOR or any other updates from CIC. it has been exactly 42 days since then :mad:

Its weird mine was received september 11th and i didn't receive any AOR but I did receive the sponsor approval letter on september 21st mentioning that our file will be sent to the visa office. Still waiting for AOR1 and AOR2...

new

Star Member
Aug 5, 2006
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 Sep2015
AOR Received.
28 Oct2015
File Transfer...
20 Nov 2015
Passport Req..
not yet
How did u get sponsor approval letter by email or by post?

Its weird mine was received september 11th and i didn't receive any AOR but I did receive the sponsor approval letter on september 21st mentioning that our file will be sent to the visa office. Still waiting for AOR1 and AOR2...
[/quote]

makeithappen2015

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
AOR Received.
NONE
File Transfer...
10-30-2015
Med's Request
11-13-2015
Med's Done....
11-13-2015
Interview........
waived.
Passport Req..
05-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2016
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
sara94_ca said:
I think thats a good sign that your APP is moving. it makes me worried that still no movement from out APP

Aman_Khatra

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-11-2015
File Transfer...
23-11-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Hello everyone, I`m using my husbands profile, I`m also September`s applicant, application was received on September 16th as it is shown on delivery certificate by Canada Post... (Ontario)
Waiting for news as all of you ^_^ fingers crossed....My best wishes for everyone, may all of us join our loved ones as soon as possible :)

sara94_ca

Sep 25, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
new said:
How did u get sponsor approval letter by email or by post?

I got my sponsor approval letter by email. If you included an email in your application forms they will not mail you anything, all contact will be done through email.

sara94_ca

Sep 25, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
makeithappen2015 said:
I think thats a good sign that your APP is moving. it makes me worried that still no movement from out APP
Don't worry too much:) it really depends on each case. As long as you haven't passed the 60 day time frame then you shouldn't worry. I'm sure you will be receiving something soon!

mls092015

Oct 14, 2015
Hi Everyone -

Completely new here and this is my first post. Our application was submitted to CIC on September 28th, 2015. My husband is in Canada, sponsoring myself of course and I reside in the US. Our immigration lawyer submitted our application to the Los Angeles Visa Office and I've searched this forum trying to find any past info on processing times from the VO but apparently not a lot of people submit through that VO... hopefully it's ok that we did.

I will add my information to the spreadsheet.

My medical is scheduled for November 5th, but I'm hesitant to do it now and then it expire in one year and have to pay the $400 to do it again. Anyone have experience with this? How soon is the medical typically requested? Hopefully I can connect with more people who applied through the Los Angeles office and see what kind of "typical" they have experienced.

Thanks for the help and this awesome forum!

sara94_ca

Sep 25, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mls092015 said:
Hi Everyone -

Completely new here and this is my first post. Our application was submitted to CIC on September 28th, 2015. My husband is in Canada, sponsoring myself of course and I reside in the US. Our immigration lawyer submitted our application to the Los Angeles Visa Office and I've searched this forum trying to find any past info on processing times from the VO but apparently not a lot of people submit through that VO... hopefully it's ok that we did.

My medical is scheduled for November 5th, but I'm hesitant to do it now and then it expire in one year and have to pay the $400 to do it again. Anyone have experience with this? How soon is the medical typically requested? Hopefully I can connect with more people who applied through the Los Angeles office and see what kind of "typical" they have experienced.

The medical exam is part of the initial requirements when you apply for permanent residence. Its included in the checklist. So I think its mandatory to send it in the beginning even though you will most likely need to redo it towards the end of the process. But my husband is applying through another visa office/country so it might be different. You can ask your lawyer what's the best route to take or you can call the CIC help line for any questions.

stephcy

Star Member
Dec 15, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
22-10-2015
File Transfer...
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
21-07-2015
Passport Req..
DECISION MADE 07.03.2016 - no passport request
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR 14.03.2016
LANDED..........
19-03-2016
mls092015 said:
Hi Everyone -

Hello

I have to say your post is a bit confusing...

1. The application is to be send in Mississauga Canada first for the sponsor to be approved. Then they will send it to the visa office in L.A. It's clearly stated in the CIC website: 'Mail your completed application to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario.'
'There are two stages in the process to sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent children to become permanent residents.
First: As a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you must apply to sponsor your family member.
The Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Canada will process your application to sponsor.
The CPC will write you to tell you if Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has approved your application.
Second: Your spouse, partner, or dependent children must apply for permanent residence.
You must send both your sponsorship application and the permanent residence application for your family members at the same time.'

2. For the medical examination you don't have to submit upfront but if you don't that will cause delays to your application.'Note: When medical results are submitted up-front, routine cases benefit from faster processing since we do not have to request them at a later date. Failure to submit proof that you completed the medical exam may result in processing delays.' If I was you I would submit them upfront with the application, as already L.A. processing time takes 27 months based on a complete application package! http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp
You should do your medical as closed as possible when you submit the application. Your medical exam shouldn't be more than one year old when you submit the application, not when CIC receives it. However they can ask you to take it again, but they might not as well...

Here is the confusing part, in your specific country guide it says that you have to submit your medical examination upfront... http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3910e.pdf

I think you should check with your lawyer.

Good luck :)