Med's Done....
11/07/2015
Passport Req..
DM 10/02/2016 Passport Copy Request 11/02/2016
LANDED..........
03/03/2016
mls092015 said:
Hi Everyone -

Completely new here and this is my first post. Our application was submitted to CIC on September 28th, 2015. My husband is in Canada, sponsoring myself of course and I reside in the US. Our immigration lawyer submitted our application to the Los Angeles Visa Office and I've searched this forum trying to find any past info on processing times from the VO but apparently not a lot of people submit through that VO... hopefully it's ok that we did.

I will add my information to the spreadsheet.

My medical is scheduled for November 5th, but I'm hesitant to do it now and then it expire in one year and have to pay the $400 to do it again. Anyone have experience with this? How soon is the medical typically requested? Hopefully I can connect with more people who applied through the Los Angeles office and see what kind of "typical" they have experienced.

Thanks for the help and this awesome forum!
Applications for Americans are processed in Ottawa not LA. They are only sent to LA if an interview is requested. As stephcy said the application should have been sent to Mississauga ON, if your lawyer sent it to LA fire them! They don't know what they are doing (sorry to be blunt but I assume you are paying them quite a bit of money) and it likely will be returned to you once they open it.

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/10/2015- CIC received my application 16/10/2015
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
Bricksmith said:
My application was received by Benedykta :D Is this another common receiver?
Yes Bricksmith - Benedyka could very well be a other common receiver, maybe Mahmood was just on that shift that following week lol
don't worry your application will be fine !!!

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/10/2015- CIC received my application 16/10/2015
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
mls092015 said:
Hi Everyone -

Completely new here and this is my first post. Our application was submitted to CIC on September 28th, 2015. My husband is in Canada, sponsoring myself of course and I reside in the US. Our immigration lawyer submitted our application to the Los Angeles Visa Office and I've searched this forum trying to find any past info on processing times from the VO but apparently not a lot of people submit through that VO... hopefully it's ok that we did.

I will add my information to the spreadsheet.

My medical is scheduled for November 5th, but I'm hesitant to do it now and then it expire in one year and have to pay the $400 to do it again. Anyone have experience with this? How soon is the medical typically requested? Hopefully I can connect with more people who applied through the Los Angeles office and see what kind of "typical" they have experienced.

Thanks for the help and this awesome forum!
Hi there

its too bad your chose a lawyer to do your application - as the other stated your file should have went to Mississauga first before LA (LA is your visa office)
most people on this forum did there entire application packages on their own - these lawyers are too confused at times - we really don't need them in this case.

I hope your application gets re-routed and fast!!! and if it does gets sent back to you, I would advise you to do your medical ASAP and submit it with your re-send application to Mississauga.

Please stay in this forum you will learn a lot and the supportive is awesome.
Good luck

sara94_ca

Sep 25, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yay I received my Certificat de Selection du Quebec today!
Is anyone else applying to Quebec??

makeithappen2015

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
AOR Received.
NONE
File Transfer...
10-30-2015
Med's Request
11-13-2015
Med's Done....
11-13-2015
Interview........
waived.
Passport Req..
05-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2016
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
sara94_ca said:
Don't worry too much:) it really depends on each case. As long as you haven't passed the 60 day time frame then you shouldn't worry. I'm sure you will be receiving something soon!
Now im really worried :( Ive just read somewhere than an August applicant called CIC. Apparently CIC didn't receive the package they sent. Imagine waiting for 2 months only to find out it was misplaced or worse lost. 44 days now and counting since my app was signed by shannon

SeulDansMonBocal

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
DAKAR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-11-2015
File Transfer...
10-12-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2016
LANDED..........
ETA: 29-07-2016
makeithappen2015 said:
Now im really worried :( Ive just read somewhere than an August applicant called CIC. Apparently CIC didn't receive the package they sent. Imagine waiting for 2 months only to find out it was misplaced or worse lost. 44 days now and counting since my app was signed by shannon
If your tracking says it was received and signed you shouldn't worry about that.

sara94_ca

Sep 25, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
makeithappen2015 said:
Oh if someone signed the package this is proof that they received it. But you should call CIC and just confirm that they received it. They can give you that information. It will also reassure you, I know how stressful this can be :(

Jbodden

Aug 27, 2015
Roatan, Honduras
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO CITY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-AUG-2015
Doc's Request.
28-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1-08-OCT-2015, AOR2- 11-FEB-2016
File Transfer...
SA- 26-OCT-2015, IP 05-NOV-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2015
Interview........
WAIVED "Thank God"
Passport Req..
05-APRIL-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-APRIL-2016
LANDED..........
30-APRIL-2016
makeithappen2015 said:
Hello we are August applicants.. Our app was received also by Shannon on Aug 26. We were also worried but on day 43 we received our AOR. You should check your email really good in inbox,spam or junk mail. If for some reason it's not there give CIC a call.. Cause not everyone receives an email.. Make sure to have your receipt number on hand.. Good luck

SuiGeneris

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-12-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
after 7 minutes of listening to their insufferable automated voicemail, it said they were experiencing a high volume of calls and to call later and hung up on me. Hahahahahhaahhahahahahahahaahahahahha fuck you cic all I wanted was to talk to a real living breathing human and to confirm my app was received.

sara94_ca

Sep 25, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My e-cas was updated today. In permanent residence it now says "Medical results have been received".

makeithappen2015

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
AOR Received.
NONE
File Transfer...
10-30-2015
Med's Request
11-13-2015
Med's Done....
11-13-2015
Interview........
waived.
Passport Req..
05-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2016
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
SeulDansMonBocal said:
If your tracking says it was received and signed you shouldn't worry about that.
Yeah it was. just getting really paranoid

Jbodden said:
Hello we are August applicants.. Our app was received also by Shannon on Aug 26. We were also worried but on day 43 we received our AOR. You should check your email really good in inbox,spam or junk mail. If for some reason it's not there give CIC a call.. Cause not everyone receives an email.. Make sure to have your receipt number on hand.. Good luck
Hello Jbodden ive read somewhere that i needed to wait for 60days before i can check on na status of my app :(

sara94_ca said:
Oh if someone signed the package this is proof that they received it. But you should call CIC and just confirm that they received it. They can give you that information. It will also reassure you, I know how stressful this can be :(
Do i need to wait 60days before we can call?

sara94_ca

Sep 25, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
makeithappen2015 said:
Yeah it was. just getting really paranoid

Hello Jbodden ive read somewhere that i needed to wait for 60days before i can check on na status of my app :(

Do i need to wait 60days before we can call?

I think it depends haha because I called many times and they answered all my questions. Im only at day 35. You can always try.

rxdude

Star Member
Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2015
AOR Received.
10-12-2015 @ 8:59am
File Transfer...
17-12-2015
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-05-2016
LANDED..........
soon
hello everyone,

well i just got my application package returned to me today Sad well it's again the use of Representative form is missing and it was so silly but tricky! . it stated the use of Representative form is missing as my application seems to indicate that am using a representative They referred to form IMM0008 in the contact information section highlighted the instruction line that reads if you wish to authorize the release of information to a representative indicate their email and mailing address in this section.

i don't have a representative, apparently my mistake is that i put my address there.

my question is should this whole section be left blank or write N/A or only the address line should be left blank. this section is very confusing i thought it's just my contact information! !

please someone let me know asap i want to send it back by tomorrow am. !

thanks and your help is much appreciated

sara94_ca

Sep 25, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rxdude said:
hello everyone,

well i just got my application package returned to me today Sad well it's again the use of Representative form is missing and it was so silly but tricky! . it stated the use of Representative form is missing as my application seems to indicate that am using a representative They referred to form IMM0008 in the contact information section highlighted the instruction line that reads if you wish to authorize the release of information to a representative indicate their email and mailing address in this section.

i don't have a representative, apparently my mistake is that i put my address there.

my question is should this whole section be left blank or write N/A or only the address line should be left blank. this section is very confusing i thought it's just my contact information! !

please someone let me know asap i want to send it back by tomorrow am. !

thanks and your help is much appreciated
If you do not have a representative, you have to strike all the sections for representatives and write N/A. This should also be done with any other section that is not applicable to you. This will removes confusion and prevents your application from being returned.

kangamoose

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2015
AOR Received.
02/09/2015
File Transfer...
AOR2 06/10/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11/07/2015
Passport Req..
DM 10/02/2016 Passport Copy Request 11/02/2016
LANDED..........
03/03/2016
sara94_ca said:
If you do not have a representative, you have to strike all the sections for representatives and write N/A. This should also be done with any other section that is not applicable to you. This will removes confusion and prevents your application from being returned.
But this section is applicable to him, he is referring to contact info on IMM008 which states:

Current Mailing address

- All correspondence will go directly to this address unless you indicate your email address below
- Indicating an email address will authorize all correspondence , including file and personal information, to be sent to the email address you specify
- If you wish to authorize release of information from your application to a representative, indicate their email and mailing address(es) in this section and on the IMM5476 form