+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

abidcro

Aug 14, 2009
people whose file is transferred in march are getting there test letters these days in Calgary, I am not sure about other offices

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi fellows!

Hope everyone is having a good holiday.

I keep coming back to this forum - partly because of the wealth of the knowledge and partly because of the support the people on the forum provides.

I am writing to you because I am really nervous about my citizenship application. See my timeline below.

I have called CIC agents in the part 3 weeks and 3 out 4 have asked me to wait. 1 has told me almost "definitively" that the application was probably returned and that it may have been lost in the mail.

I have reached out to this forum before and the suggestion I received was to wait. So I will wait till end of January.

But I know I am freaking out in the inside. Perhaps responses to the following questions might help:
1) Is it common to lose application in the mail? (Experienced members on here) - how often that you are aware of is the application "lost"?

2) If i have to resubmit the application, I plan to print off the package I submitted on Sept again. [size=10pt]Is that the right way of doing it? [/size](The CIC agent said, not to pay again. Just submit the application package again - with the Fedex delivery receipt etc. explaining in the cover letter that I am resubmitting the application because I haven't heard back from CIC.) Or, Do I need to recalculate my residency days, get new employment letter etc. ? Please advise if that's the right way of doing it. That way, I can start preparing.

3) Are there other way of reaching out to CIC ? - Does Case Specific Enquiry help if you do not have a application #? What about a ATIP under privacy act?

Thank you again for your time to read this and for responding.

Thanks,
S

abidcro

Aug 14, 2009
desigirltoronto84

be patient for atleast 2 more weeks, my situation was same like you 2 weeks back, I sent case specific enquiry with only one line question " did your office received my application"?, after that every thing started to happen, its better you send case specific enquiry , and you can use case specific enquiry with your file number

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abidcro said:
desigirltoronto84

be patient for atleast 2 more weeks, my situation was same like you 2 weeks back, I sent case specific enquiry with only one line question " did your office received my application"?, after that every thing started to happen, its better you send case specific enquiry , and you can use case specific enquiry with your file number
Thanks.

What File number did you use? I don't have any file number - just Client ID/UCI number?

S

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
I would suggest you to wait till end of January because sometimes it takes time to open the package to be reviewed.

Secondly, if you are willing to submit the application again and if the signature is stale dated means if the application is more than 3 months old at the time of delivery at CIC then they will return it again. Make sure it is not stale dated.

Also send explanation letter suggested by CIC call centre that the mail was lost and you are resubmitting the application.
I hope they don't return it while asking for new fees that is applicable from Jan 1st 2015

check this link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjIEbAasnkcAdGxDSmw0eHJvdVdqandXQkp3NldvbUE#gid=14

I see some people from september still haven't received AOR yet.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
I would suggest you to wait till end of January because sometimes it takes time to open the package to be reviewed.

Secondly, if you are willing to submit the application again and if the signature is stale dated means if the application is more than 3 months old at the time of delivery at CIC then they will return it again. Make sure it is not stale dated.

Also send explanation letter suggested by CIC call centre that the mail was lost and you are resubmitting the application.
I hope they don't return it while asking for new fees that is applicable from Jan 1st 2015

check this link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjIEbAasnkcAdGxDSmw0eHJvdVdqandXQkp3NldvbUE#gid=14

I see some people from september still haven't received AOR yet.

Thank you.

I will wait till end of Jan - but also start re-prepping my application... Just in Case.

Re: paying the new fees : I shouldn't have to repay. To be quite honest, I would be VERY pissed if I have to pay again! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

johoja

Sep 29, 2014
Any updates from people who still have not received an AOR? and called CIC and said there application was lost ? (I'm in the same boat from the October thread)

abidcro

Aug 14, 2009
You can use your PR card number ie 1234 5678

quote author=desigirltoronto84 link=topic=238133.msg3876355#msg3876355 date=1419906100]
Thanks.

What File number did you use? I don't have any file number - just Client ID/UCI number?

S
[/quote]

EastVan

Apr 12, 2014
Ericke said:
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 11, 2014.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 11, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on November 17, 2014.

Still waiting for the book...
we got same timeline, haven't you received the book yet ? I haven't ,wonder if I should call CIC

Alex_78

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
desigirltoronto84 said:
Thanks.

S
Mine is even worse. As per Canada post tracking CIC received my application on Sep 8. Still now I have not received any AOR or rejection. When I called CIC most of the time agents said probably my file has been returned back. But hell no!! I have not received any return package. Then on last few occasions agent told me that their internal system says that there is a 6 weeks delay to processing time. That means if at present they are processing October 15 files then your file is still with in 6 weeks window going backwards from October 15. So I guess we will have to wait. I was told I should not submit another application at this point.

chin24

Dec 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
Hi fellows!

Hope everyone is having a good holiday.

I keep coming back to this forum - partly because of the wealth of the knowledge and partly because of the support the people on the forum provides.

I am writing to you because I am really nervous about my citizenship application. See my timeline below.

I have called CIC agents in the part 3 weeks and 3 out 4 have asked me to wait. 1 has told me almost "definitively" that the application was probably returned and that it may have been lost in the mail.

I have reached out to this forum before and the suggestion I received was to wait. So I will wait till end of January.

But I know I am freaking out in the inside. Perhaps responses to the following questions might help:
1) Is it common to lose application in the mail? (Experienced members on here) - how often that you are aware of is the application "lost"?

2) If i have to resubmit the application, I plan to print off the package I submitted on Sept again. [size=10pt]Is that the right way of doing it? [/size](The CIC agent said, not to pay again. Just submit the application package again - with the Fedex delivery receipt etc. explaining in the cover letter that I am resubmitting the application because I haven't heard back from CIC.) Or, Do I need to recalculate my residency days, get new employment letter etc. ? Please advise if that's the right way of doing it. That way, I can start preparing.

3) Are there other way of reaching out to CIC ? - Does Case Specific Enquiry help if you do not have a application #? What about a ATIP under privacy act?

Thank you again for your time to read this and for responding.

Thanks,
S
Hi,

Just like you, our application has been "lost". Called CIC and received the same response, "might be lost by Canada post when it was returned".
We also did a case specific inquiries to change address and to ask status of our application- NO REPLIES.
Called CIC again, and there was this one agent who was so helpful and really tried his best to trace our files. When we gave our online receipt number, he saw our payment but there were no files associated with it. He advised us to wait till dec 15. We decided to resend end of Jan.
Due to changes in fees, called CIC again, and agent said, resend it now before jan 1 (the application forms must be received on or before Jan 1 2015 as you have to pay the new fees). Resent our application dec 27th via FEdex.
When resending application, use the most recent form seen in the website of cic, recalculate your residency using the new date of submission. We did a cover letter explaining why we are resending and attached the CAnada post tracking certificated we had when we submitted Sept 23.

Timeline:

submit our application: Sept 23 2014
Received by CIC: Sept 26 2014
AOR: NONE

sgimmy

Jun 12, 2014
chin24 said:
Hi,

Just like you, our application has been "lost". Called CIC and received the same response, "might be lost by Canada post when it was returned".
We also did a case specific inquiries to change address and to ask status of our application- NO REPLIES.
Called CIC again, and there was this one agent who was so helpful and really tried his best to trace our files. When we gave our online receipt number, he saw our payment but there were no files associated with it. He advised us to wait till dec 15. We decided to resend end of Jan.
Due to changes in fees, called CIC again, and agent said, resend it now before jan 1 (the application forms must be received on or before Jan 1 2015 as you have to pay the new fees). Resent our application dec 27th via FEdex.
When resending application, use the most recent form seen in the website of cic, recalculate your residency using the new date of submission. We did a cover letter explaining why we are resending and attached the CAnada post tracking certificated we had when we submitted Sept 23.

Timeline:

submit our application: Sept 23 2014
Received by CIC: Sept 26 2014
AOR: NONE
Would u mind telling me ur location..I guess it has something to do with aor/acknowledgement.2 of my friends applied from calgary on aug..26..till this day they havent received any acknowledgement or returned application.