+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 - CEC Applications

BCbarbie

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
cbe_canada said:
Hi friends,

I have a question. if someone can help me I would appreciate it. I have my post graduate work permit until march 22nd 2015. I have applied for my PR through CEC and my application was received at nova scotia on 26th september. Looking at the current wait time(80+ days) for receiving AOR number i feel like I might just slip my deadline for applying for Bridge permit. As per bridge permit requirements it says i need to apply inbetween 90 to 120 days before my PGWP expires. So on dec 22nd I will be falling short of 90days to apply for Bridge permit. I could be thankful if someone can suggest on what could I do with my situation. Appreciate your time friends.

Good luck with your application everyone...! :)

Can you please let us know where did you get the information of " between 90 and 120 days before PGWP expires?

Thanks!

cbe_canada

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-02-2015
Hi,

First of all thanks BCbarbie for opening my eyes to look back into the BOWP requirements once again. It just says " due for expiry in 4 months" . Sorry that I was wrong. I felt like I read it somewhere that I should apply before falling into 90 days of expiry. So if that is false is there any dead line before which I have to apply for BOWP ? Even if I get my AOR in mid feb and apply for BOWP, is it still safe ? (current work permit expires on mar 22nd 2015)

Any updates on current wait time for AOR number ?

Appreciate your time friends thanks.

miglop2014

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
cbe_canada said:
Hi,

First of all thanks BCbarbie for opening my eyes to look back into the BOWP requirements once again. It just says " due for expiry in 4 months" . Sorry that I was wrong. I felt like I read it somewhere that I should apply before falling into 90 days of expiry. So if that is false is there any dead line before which I have to apply for BOWP ? Even if I get my AOR in mid feb and apply for BOWP, is it still safe ? (current work permit expires on mar 22nd 2015)

Any updates on current wait time for AOR number ?

Appreciate your time friends thanks.
The only application that I can remember which has the 90 days rule is for the restoration of the worker status. This happens when your work permit expires and you haven't applied to get a new one yet. But, as joyous said on the previous page, for the work permit extension, bridging open work permit or any other kind of work permit, you can even apply the day before it expires.

We only have one way of knowing how long is taking to get the AOR and is checking the august applications spreadsheet here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ak496iTmJun8dGRyYUdxTkJnVUJmZHF2dUgtMlRGR1E&usp=sharing#gid=0 . The last 3 people who got the AOR took them 80, 82 and 82 days. And, as you can see comparing this one with the one for July applications https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dHGJ0E4WQI3culJo08uGE-uwDD9_hXYPtDndF7Vym6I/edit#gid=0 time is increasing every day... so I'm just assuming mine will took at least 90 days :(

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
I have sent an email to CIO regarding the problem that may happen at the time of CIO makes payment on my CC. I explain the problem and asked them the suggestion. I got the automated email but I haven't received any reply from them. I am checking spam emails as one already has suggested. But no reply even after 2 weeks. Should I send them another email?

miglop2014

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Kiranmayi said:
I have sent an email to CIO regarding the problem that may happen at the time of CIO makes payment on my CC. I explain the problem and asked them the suggestion. I got the automated email but I haven't received any reply from them. I am checking spam emails as one already has suggested. But no reply even after 2 weeks. Should I send them another email?
I've only contacted them once and it took them about 1 week to send an answer.

In your case, as it's an urgent and important question, why don't you call them? Call them tomorrow first thing in the morning and somebody will answer your phone call within 15 minutes.

miglop2014

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
miglop2014 said:
I've only contacted them once and it took them about 1 week to send an answer.

In your case, as it's an urgent and important question, why don't you call them? Call them tomorrow first thing in the morning and somebody will answer your phone call within 15 minutes.
Ups, after writing my message I just remember that I didn't get any answer from them... what I did was calling them by phone and they sent me an email with more information ;)

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
miglop2014 said:
Ups, after writing my message I just remember that I didn't get any answer from them... what I did was calling them by phone and they sent me an email with more information ;)
Will they answer over phone? coz when I called to CIC call center they said they were not trained on CIO process so they cannot answer for any of my question. So they suggested to contact CIO.

cbe_canada

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-02-2015
Hi all,

Thanks for the update miglop2014. will check july august groups periodically on aor number processing time. Appreciate your help. I'm happy that there is no deadline. feeling relaxed.. 8)

Another question friends, the email from cic regarding AOR number is the first point of contact after sending the application ?
Coz my application was received on sep 26th, since then i have no updates.

thanks

miglop2014

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Kiranmayi said:
Will they answer over phone? coz when I called to CIC call center they said they were not trained on CIO process so they cannot answer for any of my question. So they suggested to contact CIO.
Uhmmmmm... I don't know what to say in that case. Maybe try again and ask them the same question? Maybe another person will know the answer even if they aren't trained for that. When I called was because of a work permit issue, so nothing to do with CEC. If you still don't get any answer via email or phone maybe you can just send an amendment even if you don't have a file number yet (which you won't get if your credit card information is wrong) or go to a CIC office in your city and maybe they'll try to find the answer while you wait there.

chefnica

Oct 30, 2014
Hi new to the fourm.

I sent my application Sept 10.
How do I know when the CIO received it?
I have been checking the forum and I can see that people put the date received there.

Thanks

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
chefnica said:
Hi new to the fourm.

I sent my application Sept 10.
How do I know when the CIO received it?
I have been checking the forum and I can see that people put the date received there.

Thanks
Didn't you had tracking number from postal service? We all know that by tracking number because status shows when it was received by receiver with date and person. If not you have to wait until you receive correspondence from CIO.

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
Hmm. Now just read the hilarious and ridiculous note from CIC site and I think that is the reason why I did not receive reply for my email to CIO.

How to Contact the Centralized Intake Office
If you are a federal skilled worker, federal investor, Quebec-selected skilled worker, Canadian Experience Class or provincial nominee applicant and you have a request for case information, you may contact the Client Service Unit of the Centralized Intake Office.

You will not receive a reply to your email if:
•you have not already applied under one of the above categories
•you are not authorized to receive personal information
•you applied within the last 8 – 10 weeks
•your enquiry concerns any other topic.

Oct 30, 2014
Can somebody add me to the excel sheet, I have filled for my PR on 18th Sept 2014 under 2174, from canada , the country of residence is Russia,name is Dmitry

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
RussianFederation said:
Can somebody add me to the excel sheet, I have filled for my PR on 18th Sept 2014 under 2174, from canada , the country of residence is Russia,name is Dmitry
okay. when it was received at CIO Sydney?

Widget

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Too bad guys that we are experiencing these delays! ???
I'll have to apply for the BOWP before my AOR arrives, which is far from ideal!
I'm clueless about my future hehehe but well it could be worse!

Good luck and best wishes to everyone.