04-08-2016(Upfront)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
Kiranmayi said:
If you are not getting it then switch on your TV and watch CBC News then you will get to know everything. :p :p :p

Thing is there was a gun shot in Parliament building today around at 10 AM.
I am very busy. Thanks for news.

miglop2014

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Kiranmayi said:
The CIC employees who works in Ottawa office got off from work today. This is because of gun shots in Parliament today. So don't expect more progress this week from them because remaining this week they will spend more time in gossips. :p. But I condemn gun shots in Parliament building :(
Well, I think most of us are more anxious about getting the AOR than the PR itself (at least that's my case because I need to renew my work permit). Luckily, this horrible incident shouldn't affect the Sydney office.

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Just a correction ... The AOR does not come from Ottawa ... it comes from Sydney Nova Scotia and then the file is transferred to Ottawa

pegasus90

Oct 22, 2014
Hi everyone,

I have been following the forum, and now I decided to be a part of it.

Can you add me on the sheet as well?

Name - pegasus90
NOC - 1112
Country of Residence - Canada
Country of Origin - Korea (South)
Visa office requested - CPC-Ottawa
Date filed - 25/Sep/2014
Date received - 29/Sep/2014
Payment method - Credit Card

Thanks

pegasus90

Oct 22, 2014
Just curious. Does anyone know if it is possible to apply to Express Entry while still be considered for CEC?

So can we be considered for both immigration programs and go for whatever is faster?

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pegasus90 said:
Just curious. Does anyone know if it is possible to apply to Express Entry while still be considered for CEC?

So can we be considered for both immigration programs and go for whatever is faster?

I am curious about it too, but in this way, you will need prepare all your doc again, it will cost a lot . like new IELTS result, criminal clearance certification . birth , Id certification. .etc , anyway, I don't think it is a very good idea. except you have found some very possible mistake in your CEC application.

and express entry also take 6 month at least , not guarantee 6 months, current CEC average time is 13m, but check history, usually 6-7 months the reject or accept result would have been finalized.

pegasus90

Oct 22, 2014
yixiaop26 said:
I am curious about it too, but in this way, you will need prepare all your doc again, it will cost a lot . like new IELTS result, criminal clearance certification . birth , Id certification. .etc , anyway, I don't think it is a very good idea. except you have found some very possible mistake in your CEC application.

and express entry also take 6 month at least , not guarantee 6 months, current CEC average time is 13m, but check history, usually 6-7 months the reject or accept result would have been finalized.
I don't think it will cost a lot or take too much time to prepare another one. Express Entry application will be online, and I believe we all have scanned back-up of documents we already sent. We just need to upload them to the website. English result will be valid for 1 year or 6 months so we are fine.

For Express Entry, they say it will take 6 months or less. If the current CEC average time is 13m, but takes only 6-7 month, Express Entry may takes only 2-3 months.

If our CEC applications do really take only 6-7 months, I would just wait. But it seems like the process time has been increasing. And when the Express Entry kicks in on Jan 2015, I'm worried that it may even take longer.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pegasus90 said:
I don't think it will cost a lot or take too much time to prepare another one. Express Entry application will be online, and I believe we all have scanned back-up of documents we already sent. We just need to upload them to the website. English result will be valid for 1 year or 6 months so we are fine.

For Express Entry, they say it will take 6 months or less. If the current CEC average time is 13m, but takes only 6-7 month, Express Entry may takes only 2-3 months.

If our CEC applications do really take only 6-7 months, I would just wait. But it seems like the process time has been increasing. And when the Express Entry kicks in on Jan 2015, I'm worried that it may even take longer.

sounds great. I am not sure if they will ask for paper format when it is finally approved. and you have to know CEC paper format don't return if rejected.

if one day they ask for express entry paper to do some check . what can we do ?

pegasus90

Oct 22, 2014
yixiaop26 said:
sounds great. I am not sure if they will ask for paper format when it is finally approved. and you have to know CEC paper format don't return if rejected.

if one day they ask for express entry paper to do some check . what can we do ?
Good question. If they ask, we have to send it. Then we have to get the original documents again.

For me, getting birth certificate / translated to English, police certificate did not take more than 2 weeks. But the issue is that whatever we uploaded online have different dates with the new original documents.

miglop2014

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
pegasus90 said:
Hi everyone,

I have been following the forum, and now I decided to be a part of it.

Can you add me on the sheet as well?

Name - pegasus90
NOC - 1112
Country of Origin - Korea (South)
Visa office requested - CPC-Ottawa
Date filed - 25/Sep/2014
Date received - 29/Sep/2014
Payment method - Credit Card

Thanks
Added!

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pegasus90 said:
Good question. If they ask, we have to send it. Then we have to get the original documents again.

For me, getting birth certificate / translated to English, police certificate did not take more than 2 weeks. But the issue is that whatever we uploaded online have different dates with the new original documents.

so we'd better be "very honest" step by step, any trick maybe lead final trouble. anyway, they should publish the whole new procedure. and what kinds right they reserve to do further check.

I think you can prepare at bottom of 2014 , maybe you are the first one to submit these document, and approved in days , as CIC hurry to prove their system is very clever ,efficient. then that would be great. just my imagination.

maybe they forbid resubmit application, maybe not. who knows.

pegasus90

Oct 22, 2014
yixiaop26 said:
so we'd better be "very honest" step by step, any trick maybe lead final trouble. anyway, they should publish the whole new procedure. and what kinds right they reserve to do further check.

I think you can prepare at bottom of 2014 , maybe you are the first one to submit these document, and approved in days , as CIC hurry to prove their system is very clever ,efficient. then that would be great. just my imagination.

maybe they forbid resubmit application, maybe not. who knows.
lol I'm not telling you to "lie".

Even if we send other birth certificate/police clearance with difference dates, I don't think they will reject my application as long as they are original. Also I think the selection process will be more like an Audit process. They would select a sample of people and ask them to send original document.

Going back to my original concern, the issue here is whetehr it is possible to be considered for Express Entry while we are still considered for CEC. If it is indeed possible, I will apply.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
share some news :

I once made a mistake in my support doc,

and before get any reply , I once done an enquiry and upload related doc,

today, I get an email from them , it is not an automatic email .

in general , it is a way worth to try to upload file , there is a chance which may help correct your wrong files after submission and no one ask more files.

sep30

Oct 5, 2014
7Simran said:
Hi,

Can someone please add me to the tracker:

NOC - 2121/2221
Country of Origin - India
VISA office requested - cpc ottawa
Date filed - 9/20/2014
Date received - 9/25/2014
Payment method - Credit card