+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 - CEC Applications

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Widget said:
Too bad guys that we are experiencing these delays! ???
I'll have to apply for the BOWP before my AOR arrives, which is far from ideal!
I'm clueless about my future hehehe but well it could be worse!

Good luck and best wishes to everyone.
Hi,
I wouldn't apply for the BOWP without the AOR online because your application will be refused (maybe you already know about it). Submit paper based application instead (to "buy the time") which takes over 60 days to process.

joyous

Star Member
Sep 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
29-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
LANDED..........
In-land applicant
Widget said:
Too bad guys that we are experiencing these delays! ???
I'll have to apply for the BOWP before my AOR arrives, which is far from ideal!
I'm clueless about my future hehehe but well it could be worse!

Good luck and best wishes to everyone.
How can you apply for BOWP without AOR? Can this be done? I did not think so.

yokies

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
AOR Received.
28-08-2014 and 09-09-2014
Med's Done....
18-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
27-12-2014
I applied via paper as I didn't have AOR and applied for bridge.
There is a thread about bowp without AOR. I read that there isn't a requirement to include an AOR and they can check on the system when you send in the application if you have positive eligibility. I included a covering letter explaining my visa will expire and I expect to receive it end of Nov and to check the system for eligibility.

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
yokies said:
There is a thread about bowp without AOR. I read that there isn't a requirement to include an AOR and they can check on the system when you send in the application if you have positive eligibility. I included a covering letter explaining my visa will expire and I expect to receive it end of Nov and to check the system for eligibility.
Hey can you please tell me when should I send in my application for open bridge work permit (paper application) my cec application was received on sep 8 2014 and my pgwp expires nov 30 2014 and right now the wait time is 80+ days n I wont get the AOR mostly likely by end of nov, so I want to send it my bowp application but when should I send it the expected date right now for me to get the AOR is nov 27th..and do u knw whats happens If GOD forbid some one gets rejected bcz of this issue bcz u didn't have AOR, can u apply again for BOWP if u have ur AOR when applying for second time?

joyous

Star Member
Sep 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-01-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
29-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
LANDED..........
In-land applicant
yokies said:
I thought of doing the same thing too. Apply via paper without AOR. However when I asked CIC call centre, they said I cannot do that. But I think no harm trying if we are not given much choice in the matter.

yokies

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
18-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
27-12-2014
maria_786 said:
Hey can you please tell me when should I send in my application for open bridge work permit (paper application) my cec application was received on sep 8 2014 and my pgwp expires nov 30 2014 and right now the wait time is 80+ days n I wont get the AOR mostly likely by end of nov, so I want to send it my bowp application but when should I send it the expected date right now for me to get the AOR is nov 27th..and do u knw whats happens If GOD forbid some one gets rejected bcz of this issue bcz u didn't have AOR, can u apply again for BOWP if u have ur AOR when applying for second time?
If your application gets rejected because you don't have an AOR and your work permit has expired and you want to re apply again with an AOR you will not be able to. The condition of the BOWP is that you send it in prior to your work permit expiring.
You can wait to see if you get an AOR before your permit expires if you think you will receive it before Nov 30th. The main thing is you put your BOWP application before it expires. Just ensure if you do put a paper application through and don't have an AOR just attach a covering letter explaining the situation. HTH.

yokies

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
18-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
27-12-2014
joyous said:
I thought of doing the same thing too. Apply via paper without AOR. However when I asked CIC call centre, they said I cannot do that. But I think no harm trying if we are not given much choice in the matter.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/got-my-bowp-approved-without-submitting-aor-t153061.0.html

this is the thread if you want to read up on it.
I have no choice but to apply without an AOR as my permit expires on Nov 9th and I won't receive an AOR until maybe end of Nov.

Widget

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nov1061 said:
Hi,
I don't apply for the BOWP without the AOR online because your application will be refused (maybe you already know about it). Submit paper based application instead (to "buy the time") which takes over 60 days to process.
Yes to that, it's exactly what I was planning to do. I know it's risky though but just like @jokies mentioned, it's our only choice.

I feel optimistic about it though!

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
yokies said:
If your application gets rejected because you don't have an AOR and your work permit has expired and you want to re apply again with an AOR you will not be able to. The condition of the BOWP is that you send it in prior to your work permit expiring.
You can wait to see if you get an AOR before your permit expires if you think you will receive it before Nov 30th. The main thing is you put your BOWP application before it expires. Just ensure if you do put a paper application through and don't have an AOR just attach a covering letter explaining the situation. HTH.
but should I apply online or should I send in paper application? I have read at another thread where some one applied online without an AOR and was approved, im expecting to get my AOR by nov 27th so If I apply online by nov 20th hopefully it will work out, I don't want to send the paper application since it takes 68 days as of now, and for only its 19 days

bbears

Sep 11, 2014
Hi,

I wanted to ask if it's still possible to send a CEC application at mid of December 2014 under NOC 0631, Restaurant Manager.
Or has it been reached the CAP already?

I hope somebody could answer me... thank you!

srihari ram

Star Member
Nov 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Done....
04-08-2016(Upfront)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
bbears said:
Hi,

I wanted to ask if it's still possible to send a CEC application at mid of December 2014 under NOC 0631, Restaurant Manager.
Or has it been reached the CAP already?

I hope somebody could answer me... thank you!
CEC says as follows:
Work experience in the following National Occupation Classification (NOC) B occupations (listed with the corresponding NOC code) will not be accepted in the CEC:
Cooks (NOC 6322)
Food service supervisors (NOC 6311)
Administrative officers (NOC 1221)
Administrative assistants (NOC 1241)
Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311)
Retail sales supervisors (NOC 6211)

I am not sure if yours is same as NOC 6311. if so, you can not apply under CEC. otherwise you can apply as i dont think CAP will be reached by Dec mid.

Widget

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maria_786 said:
but should I apply online or should I send in paper application? I have read at another thread where some one applied online without an AOR and was approved, im expecting to get my AOR by nov 27th so If I apply online by nov 20th hopefully it will work out, I don't want to send the paper application since it takes 68 days as of now, and for only its 19 days
Hi maria_786! In my opinion, it's safer to send it by mail. It just gives you more time, which you may need if things don't work out as you expect, e.g. your CEC application is not processed before the the officer looks at your BOWP application, etc...
Remember that to be eligible for BOWP you must "have valid status on a WP that is due to expire within 4 months". If they reject it once I'm not sure if you can apply again, or you need to apply for restoration or who knows!

I find this thread very explanatory:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cecbridging-open-work-permit-and-timescalesimplied-status-under-iec-t136519.0.html;msg2352446#msg2352446

Good luck! :)

yokies

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
18-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
27-12-2014
maria_786 said:
BOWP online are a quicker turn around time and yes I have read that people have applied online without an AOR and have successfully obtained it this way.
Ultimately its up to you to decide whether you are going to apply online or paper. I also think sending the paper application with a covering letter will be a safer route.

This is just me though, I may put an application online (without an AOR) as well as paper. If they approve my online application then I'm going to withdraw my paper application. This is a little risky as I may end up losing $155 in the process (if they don't approve it online) but if they approve my online application then I'd be able to get my work permit sooner.

joyous

Star Member
Sep 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-01-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
29-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
LANDED..........
In-land applicant
yokies said:
BOWP online are a quicker turn around time and yes I have read that people have applied online without an AOR and have successfully obtained it this way.
Ultimately its up to you to decide whether you are going to apply online or paper. I also think sending the paper application with a covering letter will be a safer route.

This is just me though, I may put an application online (without an AOR) as well as paper. If they approve my online application then I'm going to withdraw my paper application. This is a little risky as I may end up losing $155 in the process (if they don't approve it online) but if they approve my online application then I'd be able to get my work permit sooner.
I did not know that you can apply for both online and paper version at the same time. So if the online version gets denied, will you still be considered for the paper application? I thought there's only one chance to apply for BOWP.