+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 - CEC Applications

TorontoMo

Dec 14, 2014
I got a new passport number and booklet. Should I update CIC or wait until I hear back from them? I only have AOR as of now. Please help.

2visasplease

Dec 17, 2014
Yes, same resources!! It's the public sector sure - minimum resources! They don't have separate people to deal with FOI requests. Same resources on the phones too. The less phone calls we received, the more applications we processed. We had a system where we rotated from processing applications one week to answering phones the next, and in between calls you would be processing applications (if it's quiet on phones).

Pearl1 said:
so, do you mean they have same resources for approving files and issuing gcms notes ?

does it mean they do not have admin staff to complete requests like this ? :eek: :eek:

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2visasplease said:
Yes, same resources!! It's the public sector sure - minimum resources! They don't have separate people to deal with FOI requests. Same resources on the phones too. The less phone calls we received, the more applications we processed. We had a system where we rotated from processing applications one week to answering phones the next, and in between calls you would be processing applications (if it's quiet on phones).
hmmm,,, i thought they would not put immigration "officers" on call center phones... :( :(

tiago_vieira

May 26, 2015
Hello everyone
I am also a September applicant.
My closed work permit will expire in august, samething for my wife open work permit.
we need to extend our wp, and i need some guidance because i am tired of spending thousands of dollars with representatives and i think that renew a wp is simpler.
is this what i should apply for? cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp
thank you

sonny_saa

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
tiago_vieira said:
Hello everyone
My closed work permit will expire in august, samething for my wife open work permit.
we need to extend our wp, and i need some guidance because i am tired of spending thousands of dollars with representatives and i think that renew a wp is simpler.
is this what i should apply for? cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp
thank you
Don't expect people to spoon feed you if you can't even find the time to look up a few guides.

tiago_vieira

May 26, 2015
sonny_saa said:
Don't expect people to spoon feed you if you can't even find the time to look up a few guides.
Don't assume that i didn't spend the time looking for it already, I posted a link about a guide and I would like to know if that is the one. I already spent few hours looking for info and reading guides, but there is a lot info and a lot more different cases, that's why I need help, otherwise I wouldn't be here posting this.

smp12

Oct 24, 2013
tiago_vieira said:
Hello everyone
thank you

You should be able to apply for an Bridging Open Work Permit with the AOR that you've received.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

Hope it helps !

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Got news that the next express entry draw is on May 29th ...
So now we can be assured of being delayed by a month more to receive any Medical requests.

tiago_vieira

May 26, 2015
smp12 said:
You should be able to apply for an Bridging Open Work Permit with the AOR that you've received.

.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

Hope it helps !
It helps a lot

thank you so much

Kota1978

Jan 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2015
Med's Request
24-Feb-2016
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2016
Interview........
RPRF email on Mar-03-2016, paid same day.
Passport Req..
14-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-May-2016
LANDED..........
15-May-2016--Yipee!!!!
tiago_vieira said:
Hello everyone
thank you
Search in this forum, there are so many threads for applying bridging work permit...
In simple words,You have to apply through MyCiC account, fill the questionnaire & based on that it would give u option to apply open work permit...

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
Can any one please answer my question. My current WP is going to expire in early October. I may have to go on Vacation early June. When should I plan to return Canada in order to avoid re entry issues at the time of immigration?

zareef

Dec 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with app
Med's Request
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
Kiranmayi said:
Can any one please answer my question. My current WP is going to expire in early October. I may have to go on Vacation early June. When should I plan to return Canada in order to avoid re entry issues at the time of immigration?
As long as your WP and TRV are valid, you should be fine. I wouldn't worry if I were in your shoes, with a few months of WP left. Do you have a valid TRV?

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
zareef said:
As long as your WP and TRV are valid, you should be fine. I wouldn't worry if I were in your shoes, with a few months of WP left. Do you have a valid TRV?
my TRV and WP expires on same day early October. But questions is should I return in certain time before my TRV expires? like 2 or 3 months before TRV expires

zareef

Dec 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with app
Med's Request
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
Kiranmayi said:
my TRV and WP expires on same day early October. But questions is should I return in certain time before my TRV expires? like 2 or 3 months before TRV expires
There is no such guideline. But try asking this question in a new thread (here or in the foreign workers section) for more visibility. Some people might be able to share their experiences.