+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 - CEC Applications

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maria_786 said:
guys how do i order gcm notes? iam a sep applicant as well, aor rec in jan 2015. but nothing after that
You can apply under privacy act (if you are in canada) at the link- https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

Ko_ko_Ko

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (CEC) Nova Scotia (PNP)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 9, 2014 (CEC), October 13, 2015 (OPNP)
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
May 13, 2015
AOR Received.
29/01/2015 (For CEC) 22/01/2016 (PNP)
IELTS Request
Celpip Send with Application (CEC) (PNP)
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
24th Feb 2016 (CEC)
Med's Done....
29th Feb 2016 (CEC)
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
9th Mar 2016 (CEC)
VISA ISSUED...
14th Mar 2016 (CEC)
LANDED..........
30th Mar 2016 (CEC)

AJMJ

Feb 11, 2015
Hi,
I sent my PCC and RCMP report to CIC. Please help on below:

1. Will I be getting any mail or update in status from CIC, confirming they received it?

2. Alternatively is there any mail id on which I can send them the details of date and who received the packet?

Best Regards,
AJ

goalkb

Aug 30, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Med's Done....
End of October
AJMJ said:
Hi,

1. Will I be getting any mail or update in status from CIC, confirming they received it?

2. Alternatively is there any mail id on which I can send them the details of date and who received the packet?

Best Regards,
AJ
No you will get info only from gcms - you need to apply for gcms notes and check if it is updated there

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
True, go get GCMS notes, apply a week from now to ensure the info gets recorded

goalkb said:
No you will get info only from gcms - you need to apply for gcms notes and check if it is updated there

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maria_786 said:
okay but if i apply under privacy act is it the same ?
yes, it will be the same.

if u are applying for yourself and are a resident of canada, you can apply under privacy act. Below is the information from the gcms request page :

Note: If you are submitting a request under the Privacy Act for information belonging to someone else, the individual to whom the information belongs must also be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or currently living in Canada.

Personal information is usually requested under the Privacy Act.

There are no fees charged for request made under the Privacy Act.

The purpose of the Privacy Act is to protect the privacy of individuals with respect to personal information about themselves where it is held by a government institution and to provide individuals with the right to access such information.

Note: Personal information which belongs to an individual who is not a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or currently living in Canada must be requested under the Access to Information Act.

All government records (which include corporate documents and personal information) may be requested under the Access to Information Act.

The application fee for request made under that Access to Information Act is $5.00 and processing fees may also be charged under some circumstances.

The purpose of the Access to Information Act is to provide a right of access to records under the control of a government institution to Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or any individual or corporation present in Canada.

sahatamojit

Jul 21, 2014
Mississauga,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
21-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Done....
17-04-2015
Passport Req..
16-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
09-04-2016
Another silent week completed

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
You sent it via registered post?

AJMJ said:
Hi,

Best Regards,
AJ

2visasplease

Dec 17, 2014
Do people not consider that the time spent dealing with GCMS notes might take away from the time spent processing our PR applications? Maybe that's partly why the process is now taking longer. The CIC only have so many resources.

I use to work for the government dealing with applications and FOI requests were such a waste of our time and slowed up the other processes.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2visasplease said:
Do people not consider that the time spent dealing with GCMS notes might take away from the time spent processing our PR applications? Maybe that's partly why the process is now taking longer. The CIC only have so many resources.

I use to work for the government dealing with applications and FOI requests were such a waste of our time and slowed up the other processes.
so, do you mean they have same resources for approving files and issuing gcms notes ?

does it mean they do not have admin staff to complete requests like this ? :eek: :eek:

taxino9211

May 26, 2015
Hi there, I am September 2014 applicant under C.E.C. I received my A.O.R. in February.
I have a couple of Questions:
1) How does C.I.C. send us our Medical request. Do they send it to us via mail or E-mail?
2) Is there any update on the ECAS when they Send us a Medical Request?

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
taxino9211 said:
Hi there, I am September 2014 applicant under C.E.C. I received my A.O.R. in February.
I have a couple of Questions:
1) How does C.I.C. send us our Medical request. Do they send it to us via mail or E-mail?
2) Is there any update on the ECAS when they Send us a Medical Request?
by email and no ecas only updates once they recevied the medical req