+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SEPTEMBER 2013 OUTLAND APPLICATIONS

SarahSh

Oct 2, 2013
scrls5 said:
Depends on what she was asking
If she meant the AOR or SA it's sent to the sponsor
The passport request is to the applicant (sponsored person)

Just wanted to clarify :)
thank you for your help, but no i wasnt asking abt the AOR or SA as we already got those on OCT02,2013.

thanks again :D

grnrg

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scrls5 said:
Maybe I'm overthinking it, but on my wife's(sponsor) ECAS it says: Decision Made and that they sent a letter on Oct 10 (my wife hasnt received it yet). Does your ECAS literally says that the SA was approved?
How long you all think we should wait for the said letter to arrive before contacting CIC?
I would suggest you call the CIC and ask them. The call centre executives are pretty responsive and they would tell you the status of your application.

grnrg

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
needVisa25 said:
Guys, my wife got her passport request this a few hours ago from NDVO :) , we are preparing a few things and will be sending it to them next week.
Congratulations!
Can you tell me what other things do you need to send along with the Passport. My wife has some work related travel in the month of November and that would be the time when she might receive the passport request. So I want her to be prepared in advance.

Thanks!

needVisa25

Star Member
Sep 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
grnrg said:
Congratulations!
Can you tell me what other things do you need to send along with the Passport. My wife has some work related travel in the month of November and that would be the time when she might receive the passport request. So I want her to be prepared in advance.

Thanks!
The email says the following are needed :

• Payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee) to our office in
Mississauga by your sponsor in Canada, if not already paid.

• Submission of police clearance certificates for time spent in any country for a period
of 6 months or more, if not already submitted.

• Submission of original passport along with any old expired passports for you and your
accompanying family members. The picture in the passport for a child under 6 years
of age must have been taken within the last 3 years. The picture in the passport for a
child between the ages of 7 and 18 must have been taken within the last 5 years.

grnrg

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
needVisa25 said:
The email says the following are needed :

• Payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee) to our office in
Mississauga by your sponsor in Canada, if not already paid.

• Submission of police clearance certificates for time spent in any country for a period
of 6 months or more, if not already submitted.

• Submission of original passport along with any old expired passports for you and your
accompanying family members. The picture in the passport for a child under 6 years
of age must have been taken within the last 3 years. The picture in the passport for a
child between the ages of 7 and 18 must have been taken within the last 5 years.
Thanks a bunch for the information. This helps a lot. Good luck for your application!

scrls5

Mar 20, 2013
I hope this helps if anybody is in a similar situation:

Got ECAS updated last week (on Oct 17) saying that they made a decision related to the Sponsor Approval on Oct 10 and that they sent a letter; until today (11 days later) we received an email with the Sponsorship Approval info.

(I was freaking out wondering if CanadaPost may have misplaced the letter or something) :p

echo_00

Sep 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SPET. 20, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 25 based on AOR
File Transfer...
OCT 17, 2013
Med's Done....
SEPT. 3, 2013
Interview........
i dont think so... sponsoring son
Passport Req..
got a phone call Nov. 14, Canada Time, to send passport
VISA ISSUED...
CEM Called Dec. 3 (Canada time) said visa is ready to send but no courier available in our place, so i told him to send to Canada
LANDED..........
after my son's graduation (March sometime)
scrls5 said:
I hope this helps if anybody is in a similar situation:

Got ECAS updated last week (on Oct 17) saying that they made a decision related to the Sponsor Approval on Oct 10 and that they sent a letter; until today (11 days later) we received an email with the Sponsorship Approval info.

(I was freaking out wondering if CanadaPost may have misplaced the letter or something) :p
if they sent u thru email, u wont recieved it through the mail anymore.. if u provided your email to them, they sent all the info thru email. it stated on the letter on mine. they wont send any letter aside from email.

needVisa25

Star Member
Sep 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amber.nic said:
That's awesome! Congrats!
Thanks, just a note to other applicants, the FIRST thing NDVO does is a passport request, unlike other offices, where it is the last item on the list. So this is equal to an AOR from the visa office.

mrsalvaro

Apr 18, 2013
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
20-07-2013
File Transfer...
31-07-2013
Med's Request
submitted with the Application
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-05-2014
echo_00 said:
if they sent u thru email, u wont recieved it through the mail anymore.. if u provided your email to them, they sent all the info thru email. it stated on the letter on mine. they wont send any letter aside from email.
Yeah, and if I may ask, did you checked your spam folder already? Maybe the email from CIC on the sponsorship approval is in there.
You might want to check it in your email. :) :) :)

sunil siwach

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2013
AOR Received.
25-09-2013 SA Same Day
File Transfer...
25-09-2013
Med's Request
10-09-2014 In Process....: 11-06-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2013
Interview........
08-09-2014
Passport Req..
25-10-2013 Passport Sent : 28-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
LANDED..........
10-12-2014
needVisa25 said:
Guys, my wife got her passport request this a few hours ago from NDVO :) , we are preparing a few things and will be sending it to them next week.
Congrats
Good Luck for you bro !

Will you please tell me the email id from which they sent the mail.

Now its my turn after you. I am just one day behind you :)

Cheers

mrsldr

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
from ADVO- December 09, 2013
AOR Received.
from ADVO- December 09, 2013
File Transfer...
to ADVO- September 30, 2013
Med's Done....
July 07, 2013
Interview........
waive!!!!
Passport Req..
april 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
april 29, 2014. Passport sent back to me: May 6, 2014
LANDED..........
July.........
needVisa25 said:
Thanks, just a note to other applicants, the FIRST thing NDVO does is a passport request, unlike other offices, where it is the last item on the list. So this is equal to an AOR from the visa office.
wow congrats! btw after passport request how long will be the processing time in your visa office?

needVisa25

Star Member
Sep 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrsldr said:
wow congrats! btw after passport request how long will be the processing time in your visa office?
From the NDVO only passport requests from Feb-May are getting their visas, so I'm not holding my breath. They can still call you for an interview or ask for more documents after the passport request.

needVisa25

Star Member
Sep 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunil siwach said:
Congrats
Good Luck for you bro !

Will you please tell me the email id from which they sent the mail.

Now its my turn after you. I am just one day behind you :)

Cheers
Thanks!

The email from NDVO was from:
DELHIIMMIGRATION at
international (dot) gc
(dot) ca

Fhnbutterfly

Star Member
Oct 23, 2013
Cebu, Phils.
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 20, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 26, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov. 5, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept. 5, 2013
Passport Req..
May 27, 2014; In process- July 2, 2014; DM- July 6, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 3, 2014; visa received- July 8, 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
Hi Good day everyone! I'm from the Philippines and my husband (Filipino but a permanent resident in Canada) is sponsoring me under Family Class. He received an email from CIC that our application was received Sept. 26, 2013. Since then we haven't heard back from them. I'm starting to get worried because there are some Oct applicants whose sponsorship's have already been approved and forwarded to the Manila Visa Office while our application hasn't been moving. I checked our online status in the CIC website and it states "application received". What should we do? Any suggestions? Do we call them to follow up?

Manila Visa Office
Medical exam: Sept 5, 2013
Received in Mississauga per courier: Sept 25
Received by CIC per email and online status: Sept 26
Sponsorship approval: ??
Forwarded to Manila visa ofc: ??
Passport request: ??