Passport Req..
24-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2014
LANDED..........
02-05-2014
All

Need some advise here,

As I am doing Manual testing with NOC 2283 since last 2 years , So I have decided to apply my PR with same noc code, just need some clarification on my duties I need to mention in ref letter, as every tester do, I am also doing below duties daily. Want to make sure, if this duties does not create any problem for me when VO will validate them against my NOC.

and any suggestion for improving the wording or anything else will be really grateful , but I would like to stick with my duties, as I do same activities everyday.

• Develop test plan, analyzing business requirement
• Create technical Test scenarios and Test Cases
• Identify and Create test data based on Requirements
• Performed technical testing like System Testing ,Smoke, Functionality, User Acceptance Testing
• Identify defects and report them to the development team and ensure the defects are resolved
• Created Execution status report and submitted to QA manager.
• Re-test Bug fixes.
• Execute regression tests scripts in each release, to ensure stability of the software
• Monitor test coverage and defect tracking
• Performing testware management

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
CEC2283 said:
All

Need some advise here,

As I am doing Manual testing with NOC 2283 since last 2 years , So I have decided to apply my PR with same noc code, just need some clarification on my duties I need to mention in ref letter, as every tester do, I am also doing below duties daily. Want to make sure, if this duties does not create any problem for me when VO will validate them against my NOC.

and any suggestion for improving the wording or anything else will be really grateful , but I would like to stick with my duties, as I do same activities everyday.

• Develop test plan, analyzing business requirement
• Create technical Test scenarios and Test Cases
• Identify and Create test data based on Requirements
• Performed technical testing like System Testing ,Smoke, Functionality, User Acceptance Testing
• Identify defects and report them to the development team and ensure the defects are resolved
• Created Execution status report and submitted to QA manager.
• Re-test Bug fixes.
• Execute regression tests scripts in each release, to ensure stability of the software
• Monitor test coverage and defect tracking
• Performing testware management

Sounds good. Duties match NOC 2283 for sure.

reidy86

May 2, 2013
Hi Guys,

I'm looking at applying in Sep. as well..

My only concern is my work experience is a bit confusing, wondering if anyone had any thoughts..

Ive got 15 weeks of work full time (40hrs) from this year, and I also worked in Canada in 2011. My letter from my employer says I worked up to November 29 2011 (from Jan), but my T4 is a bit out of whack. My contract says I was on 56k a year (or 29.6/hr), but my T4 for the year has 35k in Quebec and 45k as ZZ (out of province, long story..) How do you thing the CIC would treat that?

I'm actually working Canada now, so if it meant working for an extra week or two its not a big deal, thoughts?

Reidy

Priority

Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
05-11-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
5-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
2-Apr-2014
VISA ISSUED...
4-Apr-2014
reidy86 said:
Hi Guys,

I'm looking at applying in Sep. as well..

My only concern is my work experience is a bit confusing, wondering if anyone had any thoughts..

Ive got 15 weeks of work full time (40hrs) from this year, and I also worked in Canada in 2011. My letter from my employer says I worked up to November 29 2011 (from Jan), but my T4 is a bit out of whack. My contract says I was on 56k a year (or 29.6/hr), but my T4 for the year has 35k in Quebec and 45k as ZZ (out of province, long story..) How do you thing the CIC would treat that?

I'm actually working Canada now, so if it meant working for an extra week or two its not a big deal, thoughts?

Reidy
Experience gained in Quebec does not count for CEC application. What is ZZ? is it somewhere else in Canada other than Quebec?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Priority said:
Experience gained in Quebec does not count for CEC application. What is ZZ? is it somewhere else in Canada other than Quebec?
That's not correct. Experience gained in Quebec counts towards CEC experience, but you're
not supposed to plan to live in Quebec after applying for PR.

You need to meet these requirements to apply under the Canadian Experience Class. You must:

- plan to live outside the province of Quebec
- have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply,
The work experience part just says, experience gained IN Canada, and doesn't exclude Quebec. At least that's
how I read and understand the requirements.

What does ZZ mean? If you have 12 months of full-time, or equivalent part-time, in the last three years before you apply.

More here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

Priority

Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
05-11-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
5-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
2-Apr-2014
VISA ISSUED...
4-Apr-2014
iam_toby said:
That's not correct. Experience gained in Quebec counts towards CEC experience, but you're
not supposed to plan to live in Quebec after applying for PR.

The work experience part just says, experience gained IN Canada, and doesn't exclude Quebec. At least that's
how I read and understand the requirements.

What does ZZ mean? If you have 12 months of full-time, or equivalent part-time, in the last three years before you apply.

More here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp
Yes, you are right. In fact, the guideline does not exclude any province regarding work experience requirements.
My apolozies reidy86, I hope my previous answer did not cause any upset.
Thanks toby for providing the right answer.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Priority said:
Yes, you are right. In fact, the guideline does not exclude any province regarding work experience requirements.
My apolozies reidy86, I hope my previous answer did not cause any upset.
Thanks toby for providing the right answer.
My OCD made me look further into it, and that's what I've found:

Can I apply under the Canadian Experience Class if I am currently living in Quebec and I plan to live elsewhere in Canada?

Yes. You can apply and count your work experience in Quebec. If you plan to live in Quebec, you must apply to the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles du Québec. Quebec selects its own immigrants.
[ Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=382&t=6 ]

Hope this answered your question.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
README:

For all applicants submitting applications now please use this link to update the spreadsheet
for September applicants.
After submitting, give me some time to process the information and I will update the spreadsheet daily.

Please use the username you use in the forum when submitting information, and always the same NOC as
I use that information to match applicants.

I. Link to the form to submit updates: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/11QxZSH_9i1d1SV74snzbZbiGbHrMLQvbtHoJ8cU/viewform

II. And here's the link to the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsFmKvHOgoF5dHE5YWtMUzFZckhzZHE1bmF0NDVmMEE#gid=0

Thanks guys and good luck!

// You can also always use the links in my forum signature to send updates or get to the spreadsheet.

skm12345

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am also going to apply in September, so will be with all of you guys. I have all my documents ready, only need to work on reference letter part as my employer have not mentioned job duties in that letter.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
skm12345 said:
I am also going to apply in September, so will be with all of you guys. I have all my documents ready, only need to work on reference letter part as my employer have not mentioned job duties in that letter.
Welcome to club September 8)
I also do have all documents ready, the envelope is sealed and everything is ready to be sent in September.
Please submit information about your application by using the form in my signature, as soon as you've filed it,
or know when you're gonna send it.

Cheers

skm12345

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iam_toby said:
Welcome to club September 8)
I also do have all documents ready, the envelope is sealed and everything is ready to be sent in September.
Please submit information about your application by using the form in my signature, as soon as you've filed it,
or know when you're gonna send it.

Cheers
Thanks Toby, I will update the details when I will send the application.

sickn

Jun 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013
IELTS Request
03-09-2013
Med's Request
27-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
I have everything ready to be sent for Sept 3! Received PGWP on Aug 29, 2012. CELPIP results just came, and all documents filled out. My employer letter was made on Aug 1st. Would that be a problem? I will be sending in my pay stub up to 1st September anyway.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
sickn said:
I have everything ready to be sent for Sept 3! Received PGWP on Aug 29, 2012. CELPIP results just came, and all documents filled out. My employer letter was made on Aug 1st. Would that be a problem? I will be sending in my pay stub up to 1st September anyway.
I would strongly recommend getting a letter dated AFTER you gained the 12 months of
experience. Ask your employer for an updated letter next week and mail the application
the same day. They'll only have to change the date on the letter.

sickn

Jun 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013
IELTS Request
03-09-2013
Med's Request
27-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
iam_toby said:
I would strongly recommend getting a letter dated AFTER you gained the 12 months of
experience. Ask your employer for an updated letter next week and mail the application
the same day. They'll only have to change the date on the letter.
Ok thanks. I'll do that monday. It shouldn't delay my submission

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
sickn said:
Ok thanks. I'll do that monday. It shouldn't delay my submission
No, it's only a date change. Shouldn't be a problem at all. In case you submit your application
later than Sept 3rd, shoot me a PM. I'll update the spreadsheet the accordingly.