Med's Done....
March 28, 2014
Passport Req..
April 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2014
LANDED..........
April 30, 2014
When do I ask for Gcms/gmcs notes? I sent a pcc in nov and dont have any clue if thy have added to my file?

CherryJaan

Jan 15, 2014
Hi there,

I am a september 2013 applicant and have received a AOR. But I do have a query adn wanted to cross check if you could help me.

I have been provided with the employment letter from my company stating my role and number of hours i work. etc but they refused to explain my role and mention the duites invovled. I am worried that what if CIC rejects my application on this note.

As an answer to this i thought to include a duties letter and get it signed by my Manager but he is not reasdy to do that for me. So can i write the letter mentioning my duites and Notarize it from toronto public notary.

Any advice on this is really appreciated.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
CherryJaan said:
Hi there,

I am a september 2013 applicant and have received a AOR. But I do have a query adn wanted to cross check if you could help me.

I have been provided with the employment letter from my company stating my role and number of hours i work. etc but they refused to explain my role and mention the duites invovled. I am worried that what if CIC rejects my application on this note.

As an answer to this i thought to include a duties letter and get it signed by my Manager but he is not reasdy to do that for me. So can i write the letter mentioning my duites and Notarize it from toronto public notary.

Any advice on this is really appreciated.
I don't believe notarizing a letter which you have written, will carry any value towards your application.

- You could include emails that includes the conversations, that they won't issue a letter with responsibilities.
- Ask your employer to provide an official letter, stating it is against there policy to issue duties-letter.
- Then another option is to provide testimonials from clients, or any other documents which would show your duties in that company.

CherryJaan

Jan 15, 2014
iamroth said:
I don't believe notarizing a letter which you have written, will carry any value towards your application.

- You could include emails that includes the conversations, that they won't issue a letter with responsibilities.
- Ask your employer to provide an official letter, stating it is against there policy to issue duties-letter.
- Then another option is to provide testimonials from clients, or any other documents which would show your duties in that company.
Thank you for the tips. What are the chances of my application getting rejected without the duties letter.

Will this option work -f i get a letter from my client manager stating my duties . I know its out of policy (from my companies perspective) but I will have to go out of my way.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
If you look at the requirements of CEC, you will see all those points are needed to be included in the reference letter. So the reference letter is like a information-desk, a case officer can find all the necessary info about an applicant from the letter. Given this importance, an application without the reference letter is weak.

But i believe people have gotten accepted to the PR program, without the letter in the past.

Did you include pay stubs? offer letter?

If the Manager is your supervisor, that is great. CIC does not want a letter from the company, they want a letter from the person you report to (immediate manager, boss, supervisors). Make sure the letter has his/her contact info and designation.

CherryJaan

Jan 15, 2014
iamroth said:
If you look at the requirements of CEC, you will see all those points are needed to be included in the reference letter. So the reference letter is like a information-desk, a case officer can find all the necessary info about an applicant from the letter. Given this importance, an application without the reference letter is weak.

But i believe people have gotten accepted to the PR program, without the letter in the past.

Did you include pay stubs? offer letter?

If the Manager is your supervisor, that is great. CIC does not want a letter from the company, they want a letter from the person you report to (immediate manager, boss, supervisors). Make sure the letter has his/her contact info and designation.

Thanks again Iamroth.. Yes i have included al the document from the start of my work (7 yrs of work life which includes 3 in canada)
I am thinking on including my secondment letter and other docs which i have when i initially came to canada. Maybe that would help.
Yes i can get a letter from my client manager who could do this(offcourse without knwoledge to my company).. Fingers crossed... Hope all goes well.

leothelion123

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
CherryJaan said:
Thanks again Iamroth.. Yes i have included al the document from the start of my work (7 yrs of work life which includes 3 in canada)
I am thinking on including my secondment letter and other docs which i have when i initially came to canada. Maybe that would help.
Yes i can get a letter from my client manager who could do this(offcourse without knwoledge to my company).. Fingers crossed... Hope all goes well.
Hi

I am also in the same boat and my application got rejected initially because of no roles and responsibilties in my reference later. But I followed up with a print out of the email from my manager that they can't issue such a reference letter along with the initial offer letter and my visa application package - and to my surprise the rejected application was re-opened and is currently under process.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
leothelion123 said:
Hi

I am also in the same boat and my application got rejected initially because of no roles and responsibilties in my reference later. But I followed up with a print out of the email from my manager that they can't issue such a reference letter along with the initial offer letter and my visa application package - and to my surprise the rejected application was re-opened and is currently under process.
WoW they rejected and then re-opened? That is great news. Can you share how the whole process took place?

PR_aspirent

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
leothelion123 said:
Hi

Very eager to understand the process you did, step by step. Mine rejected today due to the same reason-no strong reference/employment letter. What did you make to revoke it?

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
Ceclina said:
I have finally received an email from CIC with my AOR number.
CIC received my docs on September 4th and somehow replaced my IELTS results which was a reason why it took so long for them to issue AOR. I guess I'm just not lucky :)

Toby,
I submitted the form but my information still hasn't been updated on the spreadsheet.
Please let me know how I can update it.

Thanks!

Hi ceclina, did you contacted CIC or else how did they sent you answer back.
I sent my application and waiting for AOR from last 2 months but its taking time and all other got AOR. please let me know if i can contact CIC if so how to do that. awaiting your response and thanks in advance for your help in this matter

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Good news!! Just received the request for RCMP Clearance!!

Nice nice nice... the process is moving forward ;D ;D ;D