+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Applications

leothelion123

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
iam_toby said:
My BOWP application has been approved this morning. Just checked the MyCIC account and it says 'closed' and 'this application has been approved'. No message or email yet tho.
Hi Toby

Just curious - is your current closed work permit valid for less than 3 months?

Thanks

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
leothelion123 said:
Hi Toby

Just curious - is your current closed work permit valid for less than 3 months?

Thanks
My work permit was valid for 4 months on the dot the day I applied.
Expiry date of my current permit is March 31st, 2014 and I applied on December 1st, 2013.

Djpolarbear

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 6, 2014
AOR Received.
March 5, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent along with the application
Med's Request
August 21, 2014
Med's Done....
August 25, 2014
Passport Req..
November 1, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 18, 2014
LANDED..........
November 24, 2014
Hi,

I have some question about the CEC application.

1-I currently live & work in Toronto. What is the Immigration office requested for processing my application? CPP Ottawa?
2-Should i leave the CSQ section blank? Not even put N/A?
3-Should i get the Medical exam before the application or after the CIC approves my application? When is the appropriate time for getting Medical exam?
4-Schedule 8 form 2nd page. Experience. I've held 2 different positions in the company so far. When i mention the current position what should i put as the date ''to''? Today's date? Or the date my work permit expires which is almost 4 months from now.
5-What should i do with the form which are Not Applicable? Like Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union? Should i just write N/A on it and add to the package?

Thanks,

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Djpolarbear said:
Hi,

I have some question about the CEC application.

1-I currently live & work in Toronto. What is the Immigration office requested for processing my application? CPP Ottawa?

Yes.

2-Should i leave the CSQ section blank? Not even put N/A?

Leave it blank.

3-Should i get the Medical exam before the application or after the CIC approves my application? When is the appropriate time for getting Medical exam?

Apply and then wait for CIC to request the MR. Or apply and after about 4-5 months after applying do upfront medicals. Don't do medicals BEFORE you apply.

4-Schedule 8 form 2nd page. Experience. I've held 2 different positions in the company so far. When i mention the current position what should i put as the date ''to''? Today's date? Or the date my work permit expires which is almost 4 months from now.

I put today's date in that field. Make sure that date is after completing the 12 months of required expierience.

5-What should i do with the form which are Not Applicable? Like Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union? Should i just write N/A on it and add to the package?

Write "N/A" on the document checklist and don't include the forms.

Thanks,
Hope that helps. Also check my website http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/ regarding
upcoming questions. Maybe you find some answers there.

Djpolarbear

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 6, 2014
AOR Received.
March 5, 2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
August 21, 2014
Med's Done....
August 25, 2014
Passport Req..
November 1, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 18, 2014
LANDED..........
November 24, 2014
Thanks for the quick reply :) helped a lot. There are really minor things that i'm worried about the forms. Like the dates, details they are asking for. Date to date. I'm not sure how the CIC officer considering these details and dates.

Also, i have i more question. I got Police Clearance from the Turkish Embassy in Toronto. Do i still need to get Police Clearance from the Canadian authorities? Like RCMP, Finger print request etc...

rgk

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ccp o
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
Doc's Request.
15 april 2014, RCMP spouse
AOR Received.
18 November 2013
Med's Request
15 april 2014
LANDED..........
May 22 2014
Toby, schedule 8 I put end my last contract, and it will be 2014 sept. I'm already 2 years. I hope everything going well. I sent all document support. Thank.
What should I do? Toby

Djpolarbear

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 6, 2014
AOR Received.
March 5, 2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
August 21, 2014
Med's Done....
August 25, 2014
Passport Req..
November 1, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 18, 2014
LANDED..........
November 24, 2014
Well, the thing is that as i mentioned above i have held 2 different positions in this company. Both job titles are under NOC 1215.

Logistics & Warehouse Coordinator Sep 2010 to July 2012
Logistics & Warehouse Supervisor July 2012 to Current date.

I will attach the employment letter which shows the positions, duties etc in detail to this form as a proof.

Do you think this works?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Djpolarbear said:
Thanks for the quick reply :) helped a lot. There are really minor things that i'm worried about the forms. Like the dates, details they are asking for. Date to date. I'm not sure how the CIC officer considering these details and dates.

Also, i have i more question. I got Police Clearance from the Turkish Embassy in Toronto. Do i still need to get Police Clearance from the Canadian authorities? Like RCMP, Finger print request etc...
You don't need PCC or anything from Canada.

byrwus said:
in schedule 8 you should put the employment that qualifies you for cec.
no future dates in the form should take place but it wont be a major mistake i think.
letters of reference are most important
Correct. On that form you indicate your work experience you want to be counted towards your eligible
CEC experience and future dates are kind of odd, as you can't be certain you will be with the company in the future.
Having said all that, I'm not sure how the VO will assess that.

Djpolarbear said:
Well, the thing is that as i mentioned above i have held 2 different positions in this company. Both job titles are under NOC 1215.

Logistics & Warehouse Coordinator Sep 2010 to July 2012
Logistics & Warehouse Supervisor July 2012 to Current date.

I will attach the employment letter which shows the positions, duties etc in detail to this form as a proof.

Do you think this works?
Yes, that should be fine. If only the title changed and the duties, but duties of both positions match the NOC
you apply under, then you'll be fine for sure.
Make sure that the duties match the NOC you apply under tho.

Djpolarbear

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 6, 2014
AOR Received.
March 5, 2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
August 21, 2014
Med's Done....
August 25, 2014
Passport Req..
November 1, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 18, 2014
LANDED..........
November 24, 2014

Btw, My WP expires on March 14 and i will make my PR application probably after christmas. What my status will be after March 14? Do i still need to apply for WP? If yes Do i still need to go through LMO process again? Also one more thing related to this situation is my Helath Card - OHIP! My OHIP will expire too.

Sri_Sai

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
No worries - After u apply Pr you get the file number which is AOR.
Mostly you receive your AOR before the March 2014, so you can apply for BOWP (bridging open work permit), no LMO required any more and the processing times for this BOWP is reduced to 15 days now. This is an opne work permit and you can work for any company. The validity for this work permit would be exaclty one year from ur AOR date.
Wish you good luck.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Djpolarbear said:

Btw, My WP expires on March 14 and i will make my PR application probably after christmas. What my status will be after March 14? Do i still need to apply for WP? If yes Do i still need to go through LMO process again? Also one more thing related to this situation is my Helath Card - OHIP! My OHIP will expire too.
This is totally getting off topic here. This is the September thread. I recommend doing some research before asking questions,
this might look a little better to others and there's more people willing to help if show some effort.
Check me website and look for links regarding the BOWP, that should give you a place to start.

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
iam_toby said:
My BOWP application has been approved this morning. Just checked the MyCIC account and it says 'closed' and 'this application has been approved'. No message or email yet tho.
Congrats Toby. I think now you can have a peaceful vacation. Happy holidays !!!

Djpolarbear

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 6, 2014
AOR Received.
March 5, 2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
August 21, 2014
Med's Done....
August 25, 2014
Passport Req..
November 1, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 18, 2014
LANDED..........
November 24, 2014
Sorry, I thought this topic is all about CEC :(

Thanks for the help anyway. I got most of the answers I'm looking for.

Good luck to everyone.

Cheers,

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
kunishsa said:
Congrats Toby. I think now you can have a peaceful vacation. Happy holidays !!!
Thank you!! :)

Djpolarbear said:
Sorry, I thought this topic is all about CEC :(

Thanks for the help anyway. I got most of the answers I'm looking for.

Good luck to everyone.

Cheers,
It is, but for September CEC applicants. :) Check my website, you wanna look for links regarding BOWP applications.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
So, I got my BOWP approved yesterday. I'm wondering if anyone who got the BOWP application
approved recently can tell me if I should be getting an approval email or a message in my MyCIC account
or not. For not, one day after approval, it only says 'This application has been approved', but I haven't
received any email or message regarding the approval from CIC.