+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

Jul 5, 2024
If you scroll back in the forum to early June you’ll see I got this update also.

I think it reflects conditional approval - in my case I received the invite to register for the PR confirmation portal 3 days later (which means you’ve been approved although nothing is official until you have eCOPR).

Once I got my eCOPR a few weeks later my account was updated with “approved” June 4th. , 2024 (same date I received the initial final decision update). My background check was also updated as completed June 4th but eligibility was only completed the day I got eCOPR which is why I say it could be “conditional” approval.

Most people seem to receive another update (often approval) shortly after this but a few people sit here for several weeks.

I’d say if you’re receiving this after completing all steps then most likely good news is coming very soon!
Thank you, @Taylah! Yeah, I hope to receive good news soon! Now all I can do is keep my anxiety under control hahaha

Reactions: Taylah

Homay7

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
It is progress then.
Good luck and let us know the outcome.
May god bless you
Hi
In 2020, I prepared my business plan, but I didn't send it along my application because there wasn't any box for that in check list.
now as I explained before they asked me to updat:
1-police certificate
2-background form IMM 5669
3-proof of language ability

Do you think it is necessary for me to send it with required updates?

Cheers

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
Hi
In 2020, I prepared my business plan, but I didn't send it along my application because there wasn't any box for that in check list.
now as I explained before they asked me to updat:
1-police certificate
2-background form IMM 5669
3-proof of language ability

Do you think it is necessary for me to send it with required updates?

Cheers

Business plan, should be called self employment plan, is part of Schedule 6A. you can either provide a brief answer in the form or prepare a detailed plan as you wish as an attachment.

Reactions: Homay7

Homay7

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
Business plan, should be called self employment plan, is part of Schedule 6A. you can either provide a brief answer in the form or prepare a detailed plan as you wish as an attachment.
Thank you very much

Actually I prepared everything they asked for and I have until August 10th to upload them...
but believe me, I'm so worried, I haven't sent it yet because they rejected me once without a valid reason, now I'm totally stressed because I don't like to give them any excuse as much as possible....

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
Thank you very much

Actually I prepared everything they asked for and I have until August 10th to upload them...
but believe me, I'm so worried, I haven't sent it yet because they rejected me once without a valid reason, now I'm totally stressed because I don't like to give them any excuse as much as possible....

In that case, have you checked your documents against PDIs? that's their go to guide for assessing applications
I have included the self employed persons class Program Delivery Instructions below for your information
SE PDIs

Good luck

Homay7

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
In that case, have you checked your documents against PDIs? that's their go to guide for assessing applications
I have included the self employed persons class Program Delivery Instructions below for your information
SE PDIs

Good luck
Wow
Thanks again
I'll check it ...
great

Nazi56

Aug 5, 2024
Hello I received ADR yesterday.
I am updating the form imm 5669 and I noticed that I forgot to write my husband's European visit visa rejection(2015) in the initial submitted forms.
Should I mention and explain in updated form or write like before?
whould you please help by your kind advice
could you please someone advise me ?
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...!!!!!

vicky1986

Jul 16, 2024
Today processing period change from 50 months to 47 months, i applied in june 2020 and still waiting. 49 month passed almost

marina_marina

Apr 28, 2022
Perhaps the first time you were rejected, just because you did not provide IELTS results. Even if you sure enough points for work experience, you still have to show that your English level is sufficient to work in Canada.
As far as I know, you should score at least 4 in each of the aspects.
In any case, if you are going to move to Canada, it is better to improve your English. At least Listening. It will be difficult for you to live in the country if you do not understand well what people are saying. To improve this skill, you can watch movies, TV series and videos in English. Stop watching anything in your native language. English only, with English subtitles. In this way, I managed to improve my listening skills to grade 8.5

Hello everyone:

Does anyone know about
minimum IELTS band score for self-employed ?
they asked me to submit additional documents included IELTS test result
and I took the IELTS exam for the first time in my life with no experience in and unfortunately got a low score
speaking: 6
writing: 5.5
Im so nervous about it because I dont have time to retake the exam.
please let me know if you have any information about that.

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
UPDATE: Got an email notification of message sent in portal a week ago. The message said to send photos and copies of 1st pages of passports within 30 days. I'm not sure what this means....does it mean we were approved? Will I get any other notifications before that is done? Letter was not clear. The portal does have an updated 'final decision' date of August 5. But of course it says the application is still in process. Hmmmm....

Reactions: Taylah

Taylah

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Canada
App. Filed.......
24-12-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2023
LANDED..........
28-06-2024
UPDATE: Got an email notification of message sent in portal a week ago. The message said to send photos and copies of 1st pages of passports within 30 days. I'm not sure what this means....does it mean we were approved? Will I get any other notifications before that is done? Letter was not clear. The portal does have an updated 'final decision' date of August 5. But of course it says the application is still in process. Hmmmm....
Congratulations!! I’m pretty sure this means your application was just approved pending finalization. In my experience I got the final decision update June 4th and 3 days later an email asking me to confirm all my details and register for the confirmation of PR portal (since I was already living in Canada). So it sounds like you’re just getting the Outland version and the photos you’ve been asked for are for your PR card once you land (other Outland applicants can probably confirm this better than I can). My GCkey didn’t get updated to approved until I did my virtual landing a few weeks later but when it was updated the approved date was the same as the date it originally said on my final decision (June 4th), but eligibility was dated the day I got eCOPR. Keep us updated :)

Alorey

Apr 9, 2021
Hi fam,
can someone please put me through how to LINK my application to online account
i will be appreciate with your responds please