+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

vicky1986

Jul 16, 2024
hello everyone
i hope everyone is fine

I want a advice. i got pre arrival services letter in may 2024 but i didn’t register. today i got reminder email to get register. is it compulsory to register on pre arrival services ?

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
hello everyone
i hope everyone is fine

I want a advice. i got pre arrival services letter in may 2024 but i didn’t register. today i got reminder email to get register. is it compulsory to register on pre arrival services ?
reminder from IRCC or pre arrival service provider? it is not mandatory.

Homay7

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
Hello everyone;
I didn't need the language score and that's why I didn't submit any language tests result with my application, but now I received an email requesting additional documents, and in addition to updating one of the forms, they gave me a month to send them the results of my IELTS test.
Since there was no IELTS in my country until a few days ago,
Is there any way I can ask them for more time to submit my IELTS test report?

and the next question, I searched everywhere on the IRCC website, but I didn't see that anywhere mentioned about the minimum IELTS score.

can you please advise me ?
Tnx alot

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
Hello everyone;
I didn't need the language score and that's why I didn't submit any language tests result with my application, but now I received an email requesting additional documents, and in addition to updating one of the forms, they gave me a month to send them the results of my IELTS test.
Since there was no IELTS in my country until a few days ago,
Is there any way I can ask them for more time to submit my IELTS test report?

and the next question, I searched everywhere on the IRCC website, but I didn't see that anywhere mentioned about the minimum IELTS score.

can you please advise me ?
Tnx alot
Send them a request for extension through webform. remember to attach evidence showing no IELTS will be available for the time period given.

It is a bit weird for IRCC to request such a specific test results. They normally ask for proof of language ability in order to carry out your intended plan, and it can be in any form.

Reactions: Homay7

Homay7

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
Send them a request for extension through webform. remember to attach evidence showing no IELTS will be available for the time period given.

It is a bit weird for IRCC to request such a specific test results. They normally ask for proof of language ability in order to carry out your intended plan, and it can be in any form.
Thank very much.. ur advice has always been helpful for me

Homay7

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
It's really strange to me...
While the self-employment category is based on the point system and it has been clearly stated on the IRCC website, why do officers ask for something that you don't need the scores for in some cases?

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
It's really strange to me...
While the self-employment category is based on the point system and it has been clearly stated on the IRCC website, why do officers ask for something that you don't need the scores for in some cases?
Processing of self employed class involves the following stages:

1. have enough experience
2. be able and willing to be self employed in Canada and contribute to Canadian culture, economy.
3. meet the point system requirement
4. pass medical
5. pass background
6. have enough money

1.2.3 are eligibility assessment
4.5.6 are admissibility assessment

everyone of the six points has to be met to get approved. you have to pass 1 and 2 to be considered a self employed person in this immigration class. and then the point system assessment becomes relevant.

So most of the time, language ability is not required for point 3, but rather to pass point 2, which is being able to establish self employment in Canada where english is a basic skill to even survive. However, english is not required by everyone, because people have different business models and some don't rely heavily on communications, hence lower language requirement. It all comes down to your overall application strategy.

Where are you applying from? If I may
and which office is processing your case?

Reactions: Homay7

Homay7

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
Processing of self employed class involves the following stages:

1. have enough experience
2. be able and willing to be self employed in Canada and contribute to Canadian culture, economy.
3. meet the point system requirement
4. pass medical
5. pass background
6. have enough money

1.2.3 are eligibility assessment
4.5.6 are admissibility assessment

everyone of the six points has to be met to get approved. you have to pass 1 and 2 to be considered a self employed person in this immigration class. and then the point system assessment becomes relevant.

So most of the time, language ability is not required for point 3, but rather to pass point 2, which is being able to establish self employment in Canada where english is a basic skill to even survive. However, english is not required by everyone, because people have different business models and some don't rely heavily on communications, hence lower language requirement. It all comes down to your overall application strategy.

Where are you applying from? If I may
and which office is processing your case?
Oh sorry for delay, Aactually, I have applied from Iran and the Warsaw office is processing my case

Jul 5, 2024
Hey everyone! Updating my timeline:

It is being processed in the Mexico office.

Self-Employed PR Timeline:

Application received in Sydney, NS - 06/10/2020

Temporary AOR - 15/01/2021

AOR & application linked to online account - 13/02/2023

Additional Documents Requested - 28/05/2024

Additional Documents submitted - 26/06/2024

Confirmation of all additional documents received - 26/06/2024

Medical exam requested - 04/07/2024

Invitation to pre-arrival services - 05/07/2024

Medical exam passed - 11/07/2024

Receipt of the Right of permanent residence fee and additional background document uploaded - 22/07/2024

Does anyone know the next step and how long it will take? I applied from outside Canada, but since 2022 I've been inside Canada and my address has been updated since then, so my process is inside Canada.

Thank you all!

Last edited:

Taylah

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Canada
App. Filed.......
24-12-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2023
LANDED..........
28-06-2024
Final Update: PR card received today :)

The long journey is officially over. The card took 30 days to be delivered after my virtual landing (June 28th).

I likely won’t be on here as much now but still plan to check in from time to time as I’m invested in many of your journeys & want to see how it’s going.

Thanks to everyone for all your help and support! And good luck with everything.

PB India

Star Member
Jul 7, 2023

The long journey is officially over. The card took 30 days to be delivered after my virtual landing (June 28th).

I likely won’t be on here as much now but still plan to check in from time to time as I’m invested in many of your journeys & want to see how it’s going.

Thanks to everyone for all your help and support! And good luck with everything.
Congratulations and really all the best for upcoming journey .. after all you have waited and given your valuable time here so thank you,..

Reactions: Taylah

Homay7

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020

Congratulations

Reactions: Taylah

Homay7

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
Hello everyone:

Does anyone know about
minimum IELTS band score for self-employed ?
they asked me to submit additional documents included IELTS test result
and I took the IELTS exam for the first time in my life with no experience in and unfortunately got a low score
speaking: 6
writing: 5.5
Im so nervous about it because I dont have time to retake the exam.
please let me know if you have any information about that.