+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration of status!

Nifemi05

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
Hi,
Base on my experience I do not think you can use AOR only for restoration as you are out of status already. For restoration - WP, you need offer of employment, employer compliance fee $230, + PNP certificate (if cert. expired, you extend or use your AOR) and letter of support from the province. With restoration I think you can only get closed WP not open

-You can only use AOR if your WP have not expired to open WP

I hope this will help and you can gather some more information from others, or call CIC but you will be getting different response from CIC agents which is confusing.......all the best!

crazydesifool

Nov 14, 2014
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172/6211
App. Filed.......
26 Nov 15
Doc's Request.
21 Jan 16 - RCMP and 18 May 16 - Sch A
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
22 Dec 15
IELTS Request
included in the application - CELPIP
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
included in application
Med's Done....
8 Jan 16
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
7 Jun 16
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jun 16
LANDED..........
02 Jul 16
Hi all,

I am in a bit of a situation and I hope you all can help me. I am presently on an Implied status and I will get my WP result within this week or next, I am sure it's a rejection so I will have 90 days to restore my status. Now, I got an ITA for the draw on Nov 27 and I am applying in this week or next. Also, I am qualified for SINP International skilled worker-employer offer sub category and I have all the necessary documents. My question is can I apply for both PNP and EE at the same time? The reason is, I am sure AOR from EE can't help me restore my status and I would have to wait for 6 months approx for positive result. What I am thinking of is, to apply for PNP, get a nomination and restore my status and later depending on the process of both the applications I can withdraw one.

Is this possible?

Cantilangnonako

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 22, 2015
Doc's Request.
April 23, 2015
Nomination.....
Aug. 14, 2015
AOR Received.
Jan. 07, 2015
IELTS Request
Included in Application
Med's Request
June 30, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
April 2012
crazydesifool said:
Hi all,

I am in a bit of a situation and I hope you all can help me. I am presently on an Implied status and I will get my WP result within this week or next, I am sure it's a rejection so I will have 90 days to restore my status. Now, I got an ITA for the draw on Nov 27 and I am applying in this week or next. Also, I am qualified for SINP International skilled worker-employer offer sub category and I have all the necessary documents. My question is can I apply for both PNP and EE at the same time? The reason is, I am sure AOR from EE can't help me restore my status and I would have to wait for 6 months approx for positive result. What I am thinking of is, to apply for PNP, get a nomination and restore my status and later depending on the process of both the applications I can withdraw one.

Is this possible?
NO! You can only apply one program at a time. We are almost on the same situation. I am qualified for EE since i have SINP nomination with job offer. But SINP says I cannot use my nomination to apply for EE. So now I applied for PNP PR. Still wiating for AOR

crazydesifool

Nov 14, 2014
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172/6211
App. Filed.......
26 Nov 15
Doc's Request.
21 Jan 16 - RCMP and 18 May 16 - Sch A
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
22 Dec 15
IELTS Request
included in the application - CELPIP
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
included in application
Med's Done....
8 Jan 16
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
7 Jun 16
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jun 16
LANDED..........
02 Jul 16
Cantilangnonako said:
NO! You can only apply one program at a time. We are almost on the same situation. I am qualified for EE since i have SINP nomination with job offer. But SINP says I cannot use my nomination to apply for EE. So now I applied for PNP PR. Still wiating for AOR

well, yes you cannot use your nomination for EE as EE category is separate for SINP and the quota got filled. However, I called SINP yesterday and they said you can apply for both but must chose one when I get nominated.

Well, I got ITA without any nomination from province as my score in EE was above the cutoff.

IZZY2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Re: Bridging Work Permit refused and out of status

Hi All,

I hope you guys can help me out here.

Recently, I have been nominated by Alberta Provincial Nominee Program (AINP) to apply for Permanent Residence (PR). I have applied for PR through AINP which is now 2 months but did not get my file number yet. As I did not have enough time to wait for the file number and my work permit was about to expire, I have applied for Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) without the CIC file number before the existing one get expires. I did uploaded all other required documents including the letter from my employer, AINP certificate, AINP Letter of support, etc.... Unfortunately, my bridging work permit was refused as there was no Acknowledgment of Receipt/file number from CIC, as mentioned on the refusal letter. In the meantime, my work permit has been expired now and I am out of status since last week.

Also, I'd like to add here as the status my spouse is also expired at the same time. My two kids were born in Canada.

Now,

1) Is there any other options for me except applying for Restoration of status when I get the file number from CIC??

2) Is there any way around that I can use my kids status to extend our stay in Canada?

3) Am I allowed to stay in Canada after 90 days, even though my application for Restoration is still in progress?

4) Am I allowed to work (paid/voluntary) during this restoration period?

Your advice/feedback will be highly appreciated.

Thanks All.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

IZZY2016 said:
1) Is there any other options for me except applying for Restoration of status when I get the file number from CIC??

2) Is there any way around that I can use my kids status to extend our stay in Canada?

3) Am I allowed to stay in Canada after 90 days, even though my application for Restoration is still in progress?

4) Am I allowed to work (paid/voluntary) during this restoration period?
I'll help with a few questions:

2) There are no benefits from having Canadian citizen children. You cannot use them to extend your status.
3) Yes - you can remain in Canada until a decision is made.
4) Only if it's work someone would not be normally paid to do. For example, you cannot volunteer for your employer. Even thought you're not paid, this will be classified as working illegally.

IZZY2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
I'm kind of on same boat. I am also out of status and waiting for the file# from CIC. Just wondering, if I have the AINP certificate, letter of support and the file number from CIC, still I am not able to restore my status with a Work permit??? Do I have to restore as a Visitor and then your way??

Looking forward to your answer. Thanks.

niadoj said:
I applied for a restoration due to refusal of initial work permit application on January 16, 2015. Got refusal letter on march 27, 2015. On that same day I sent off my PR PNP application.(I had 90 days after MAR 27, 2015 to restore but didn't because I was waiting on file# from CIO in order to increase my chances of my next work permit application being approved. BIG RISK but luckily I received file number before the 90 days grace period which would have been on June 30, 2015 LONG GONE NOW). After receiving file # for my PR PNP application I then applied online for a restoration of status (as I needed to have status in order to apply for a work permit). I applied online on June 4, 2015 for restoration (by that time my PR PNP application was in processing), and on June 8 I received the restoration of status (PRETTY DARN FAST) and on June 11, 2015 I applied online for an open work permit because I now have past the first stage eligibility for PR. Still waiting for my Open work permit up to this point...

Restoration for me took 4 days! Anything else feel free to ask! I know the ins and out of the system and Can offer great advice to anyone who needs it!

Yellowsh

Nov 24, 2016
Hey Guys, I applied for pnp when I was in implied status. They refused my work permit extension so I applied for restoration as visitor.

1. Do I have to notify PNP office about this change - worker to visitor?

2 Can I leave Canada while waiting for restoration of my status?

Thanks!!

IZZY2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. Couple more questions;

1) Even though I lost my status, can I apply to restore my status with a work permit through my employer who has agreed to pay the "Employer Compliance Fee" and submit an "Offer of Employment" online???

2) I did not get my file number yet. My application has been received on Sep 22 and I lost my status on Nov 14. Now, is it a problem to have no status when CIC will start reviewing my file? or they will see the status when they received my application??

Your feed back will be highly appreciated. Thanks everybody.

scylla said:
I'll help with a few questions:

2) There are no benefits from having Canadian citizen children. You cannot use them to extend your status.
3) Yes - you can remain in Canada until a decision is made.
4) Only if it's work someone would not be normally paid to do. For example, you cannot volunteer for your employer. Even thought you're not paid, this will be classified as working illegally.

Hakky7

Apr 19, 2017
Hii i had applied for my restoration of study permit on december 3rd and its been 19th april and I am still clueless. I can't find my status of application online. When I will get my study permist amd how?

wafatauseef

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
saskatchewan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
AOR Received.
13-12-2016
Passport Req..
waiiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
I am in a need of some guidance here. I applied to bridge my work permit but I was refused. First they changed my application number due to some administration error and then I received the following email.
Anyways, I need to reapply to restore my status. can someone please tell me if i can work in the meantime, because if not, would that not affect my ongoing PR application (almost on the final stage)?
also, how to make sure that it is not refused this time. I AM REALLY TENSED RIGHT NOW ! :(

wafatauseef

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
saskatchewan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
AOR Received.
13-12-2016
Passport Req..
waiiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi,
Base on my experience I do not think you can use AOR only for restoration as you are out of status already. For restoration - WP, you need offer of employment, employer compliance fee $230, + PNP certificate (if cert. expired, you extend or use your AOR) and letter of support from the province. With restoration I think you can only get closed WP not open

-You can only use AOR if your WP have not expired to open WP

I hope this will help and you can gather some more information from others, or call CIC but you will be getting different response from CIC agents which is confusing.......all the best!
hi. today i was refused my bridging open work permit application due to a silly reason and i am really worried now. can you please answer some of my concerns? cause i am completely clueless .

as I need to reapply to restore my status. can you please tell me if i can work in the meantime, because if not, would that not affect my ongoing PR application (almost on the final stage)?

also, how to make sure that it is not refused this time. I AM REALLY TENSED RIGHT NOW ! :(

wafatauseef

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
saskatchewan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
AOR Received.
13-12-2016
Passport Req..
waiiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting

Thank you for your feedback. Couple more questions;

1) Even though I lost my status, can I apply to restore my status with a work permit through my employer who has agreed to pay the "Employer Compliance Fee" and submit an "Offer of Employment" online???

2) I did not get my file number yet. My application has been received on Sep 22 and I lost my status on Nov 14. Now, is it a problem to have no status when CIC will start reviewing my file? or they will see the status when they received my application??

Your feed back will be highly appreciated. Thanks everybody.
hi, am in a similar situation right now. can you please share your experience? do you have any advice for me?