+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration of status!

Yahoo06

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
mi6 said:
I am in same situation too, I lost my job immediately i applied for restoration since March this year and have not heard from CIC till now but before then I applied for AINP and got the file number which i used to applied for a renewal of work permit last year but yet they refused it because I had no LMIA. I need help or advice on what i could do to restore my status soon as I really need be able to work again, I have equally being looking out for any open streams that I could apply for PR while waiting for my restoration but I haven't seen any yet. My big question is what will happen to my AINP application if I update them of my new status after i get a reply on any legal status from CIC later on since I am not working, example if I have a study permit and I update immigration on my AINP application about my new legal status, will my AINP application suffer or continue to progress for me to get my Alberta nomination certificate? Thank you
i call them couple weeks ago and they told me restoration application can take upto 6 month for decision ! i apply restoration as a visitor !

niadoj

Jun 6, 2015
I applied for a restoration due to refusal of initial work permit application on January 16, 2015. Got refusal letter on march 27, 2015. On that same day I sent off my PR PNP application.(I had 90 days after MAR 27, 2015 to restore but didn't because I was waiting on file# from CIO in order to increase my chances of my next work permit application being approved. BIG RISK but luckily I received file number before the 90 days grace period which would have been on June 30, 2015 LONG GONE NOW). After receiving file # for my PR PNP application I then applied online for a restoration of status (as I needed to have status in order to apply for a work permit). I applied online on June 4, 2015 for restoration (by that time my PR PNP application was in processing), and on June 8 I received the restoration of status (PRETTY DARN FAST) and on June 11, 2015 I applied online for an open work permit because I now have past the first stage eligibility for PR. Still waiting for my Open work permit up to this point...

Restoration for me took 4 days! Anything else feel free to ask! I know the ins and out of the system and Can offer great advice to anyone who needs it!

Dchezmo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
0108-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-06-2016
lifeonedge said:
Hey Dchezmo

I'd suggest talk to a lawyer, explain your situation. You can even call CIC office early in the morning. They usually pick up at that time.

Wish you all the best.
Thanks! I did call CIC and they said that they cant guarantee I get my work visa to come back but if I meet all the requirements there shoudn;t be any issues. I also talked to the MPNP officer that gave me my nomination and support letter and said it would be okay for me to leave.

Im still scared because you never know with immigration, at the end of the day is the discretion of someone. I have to figure out if I wanna risk it and get my work permit from my home country as it takes less time or if I wanna play it safe and wait the 4-6 months it takes to get restoration of status.

niadoj said:
I applied for a restoration due to refusal of initial work permit application on January 16, 2015. Got refusal letter on march 27, 2015. On that same day I sent off my PR PNP application.(I had 90 days after MAR 27, 2015 to restore but didn't because I was waiting on file# from CIO in order to increase my chances of my next work permit application being approved. BIG RISK but luckily I received file number before the 90 days grace period which would have been on June 30, 2015 LONG GONE NOW). After receiving file # for my PR PNP application I then applied online for a restoration of status (as I needed to have status in order to apply for a work permit). I applied online on June 4, 2015 for restoration (by that time my PR PNP application was in processing), and on June 8 I received the restoration of status (PRETTY DARN FAST) and on June 11, 2015 I applied online for an open work permit because I now have past the first stage eligibility for PR. Still waiting for my Open work permit up to this point...

Restoration for me took 4 days! Anything else feel free to ask! I know the ins and out of the system and Can offer great advice to anyone who needs it!
Wow how did you get the restoration of status so quickly? CIC told me it would take over 115 days since thats the time to get a work visa alone and they'll take longer as Im applying for restoration of status. I also don't get how you are gettting an open work permit. Are you talking about the bridging work permit? Cause youre supposed to have a valid permit expiring in 4 months to apply for it.

Im very curious how you got it all sorted it out. I sent my PR application to CIC a couple of weeks ago so im still waiting for file number.

mi6

Aug 21, 2015
@niadoj, what was given to you from CIC after they got back to you with a responses of status from your restoration application online?
how come they gave you an upper hand with a file number from your PNP application? in my case i have the file number even before I applied for a renewal of open work permit last year and yet I was still refused, would you advise I still send a copy of my file number of my PNP to CIC again regardless of the fact that i applied for the restoration long again and still waiting for result? any help or advice will be useful right now, thank you

mi6

Aug 21, 2015
CIC has restored my status with a visitor permit, Please could you advise or guide me on what I could do to file for my work permit before the expiration date of the visitor permit? thank you

lifeonedge

May 19, 2015
AB
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
Doc's Request.
all provided
Nomination.....
29-04-2015
AOR Received.
04-08-2015
IELTS Request
provided with application
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2015
Interview........
exempt
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
In Canada since 2008
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
mi6 said:
CIC has restored my status with a visitor permit, Please could you advise or guide me on what I could do to file for my work permit before the expiration date of the visitor permit? thank you
You can apply for Open work permit if you:

Have applied for permanent residence (PR) in Canada under one of the admissible categories of the economic class and are the principal applicant,
Have received a positive eligibility assessment on your PR application or, if applicable, the Acknowledgment of Receipt from the processing office,
Are currently in Canada, and
Already have a valid work permit that is due to expire within 4 months

That last requirement might pose an issue. If you call CIC, they won't tell if you will get Open Work Permit. They speak very specific limited legal words. And then they will say we will send you the requirements. My suggestion - get advise from a reputed immigration lawyer. Don't hire them right away for your case. Don't trust any lawyer because you never know what's in their mind. My friends have had very bad situations, where the lawyer took money and didn't help them properly. Write down all your questions and then book 30mins appointment (depends on the number of your questions). It should cost between $150 - $200.

Read CIC's website thoroughly. Everything is explained in detail.

Best wishes.

Yahoo06

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
mi6 said:
Flagpol is another option !!

ness12

Oct 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 5, 2017
AOR Received.
Waiting
niadoj said:

I have a question niadoj this one is very tough hopefully you could able to give me a best advice regarding to this question....

My bf applied work permit last march 4, 2015 and yet until now he havent recieve the decision on his work permit... he phone cic last week and the officer told him they already sent the result last june 4 but they cannot access the result thats why he dont know if his application is approve or not ( he applied paper app), so my question is can he still able to apply visitor to change his status? i tried to do his online eligibility but i tampered the date his work permit expired because it wont go through to application ( his work permit expired last april 12) what is the best to use if he is allowed to change status as visitor online or paper app?

Thank you in advance i hope you have a bright idea to share to this case. Thanks!

Reactions: azrazan

Yahoo06

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
ness12 said:
I have a question niadoj this one is very tough hopefully you could able to give me a best advice regarding to this question....

My bf applied work permit last march 4, 2015 and yet until now he havent recieve the decision on his work permit... he phone cic last week and the officer told him they already sent the result last june 4 but they cannot access the result thats why he dont know if his application is approve or not ( he applied paper app), so my question is can he still able to apply visitor to change his status? i tried to do his online eligibility but i tampered the date his work permit expired because it wont go through to application ( his work permit expired last april 12) what is the best to use if he is allowed to change status as visitor online or paper app?

Thank you in advance i hope you have a bright idea to share to this case. Thanks!
i dnt know why they didnt access the decision ! bcs in my case they told me that your restoration as a visitor is approver and the permit is in mail!

ness12

Oct 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 5, 2017
AOR Received.
Waiting
Yahoo06 said:
i dnt know why they didnt access the decision ! bcs in my case they told me that your restoration as a visitor is approver and the permit is in mail!
Yahoo06 is it regular if u exceed on status when u apply visitor was it always restoration first? i was wondering he is applying for visitor and yet restoration is the one he needs to pay...? i was wondering it should be $200 restoration fee and $100 for visitor.... im kinda confuse? did you applied online or paper app?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ness12 said:

He needs to find out whether his application was approved or not. If the application was refused - he needs to know on what date it was refused. It's possible it may to be too late for him to apply for anything within Canada - he may have no choice but to leave the country.

mi6

Aug 21, 2015
@yahoo6, what is a flagpole? and how does it work, presently I dont have a nomination certificate yet from my AINP, so am left with either getting an LMIA job to enable get the work permit OR to apply for a study permit, those are the best advise i have gotten so far, I have less than 2 months on my visitor permit, and its really tough. if I get the study permit and update AINP of my status, will it affect my application? or keep it processed? Thank you

sweetyvenky1

Jan 14, 2014
I was recently nominated under skilled worker PNP, (there is employment restriction on my PNP)

I sent my application to CIO sydney
I have received my EP, UCI, AOR number now waiting for medicals
My work permit is going to expire on Nov 9th 2015
now I am planning to apply for work permit at border by doing flagpoling.

Now my question is can I apply for open work permit because I received AOR , EP number from CIO sydney office even though there is restriction on my employment.
(what kind of work permit iam eligible for had anyone had same issue befor plz share)

I called CIC call center many times but each time i am getting diffrent answers....

Yahoo06

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
mi6 said:
@ yahoo6, what is a flagpole? and how does it work, presently I dont have a nomination certificate yet from my AINP, so am left with either getting an LMIA job to enable get the work permit OR to apply for a study permit, those are the best advise i have gotten so far, I have less than 2 months on my visitor permit, and its really tough. if I get the study permit and update AINP of my status, will it affect my application? or keep it processed? Thank you
IF You dnt have a nomination then forget about flagpool! Flagpool is a name , in real you have to leave canada and then re-enter anywhere on border ! if you have all document related to you case border immigration officer issue a work permit or any appropriate permit !

Yahoo06

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
ness12 said:
Yahoo06 is it regular if u exceed on status when u apply visitor was it always restoration first? i was wondering he is applying for visitor and yet restoration is the one he needs to pay...? i was wondering it should be $200 restoration fee and $100 for visitor.... im kinda confuse? did you applied online or paper app?
you have to pay only 200$ for visitor application! for work permit application you have to pay 200+150!