Nomination.....
0108-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-06-2016
Cantilangnonako said:
Where's the question here?
No question. Just sharing my experience. I received a letter on August 9th that my work permit extension was refused and had to stop working immediately. I then posted on this tread inquiring about how to restore my status.

I went to my home country to apply for a new work permit and it took only one month compared to waiting the 4-6 months to restore my status in Canada. I figured I would post my experience in case someone finds themselves in the same situation.

mi6

Aug 21, 2015
@Dchezmo, please kindly tell me more about it and what you had at hand before you made the application from you country and how many more years did they give you on the work permit? thank you

Dchezmo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
0108-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-06-2016
mi6 said:
@Dchezmo, please kindly tell me more about it and what you had at hand before you made the application from you country and how many more years did they give you on the work permit? thank you
Hi, I basically had everything that the CIC website asks you to change conditions or extend your work permit.
Basically: Nomination offer, support letter, LMIA exempt fee and application, employer's contract, proof that I met the requirements for my position, filled out all the necessary applications, etc... I also had to apply for a new TRV.

I was given a 2 year closed work permit.

mi6

Aug 21, 2015
I thought you said you didnt have the nomination offer or certificate, i guess that why you were able to renew it

Dchezmo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
0108-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-06-2016
mi6 said:
I thought you said you didnt have the nomination offer or certificate, i guess that why you were able to renew it
I did have it right before I went back home. When I applied from Canada at the beginning of the year I was not a nominee, so thats why they refused my application. I applied without the nomination letter because my WP was about to expire so I applied to be under implied status.

Vhardmase

Mar 1, 2015
Hi! May I know the contact no. of CIC. Because whenever I called them it is an automated answering machine. Receive my AOR for Restoration of Work permit last June 26. But now still no news.

Vhardmase

Mar 1, 2015
Tushky said:
Thnx ness12 I did col them and every time I get some new answer. I submitted my application on june 8 and currently they are working on june 5 but processing time shows 132 days whereas its already 142 days in my case so they said we consider the date in which we are working not the processing time.

Hi Tushky, do you hear any news from your application? May I know the contact number of CIC. Thank you!

Tushky

Star Member
Jun 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 feb 2015
Doc's Request.
14 Sept 2105
AOR Received.
24 June 2015
Med's Request
10 sept 2015
Med's Done....
21 sept 2105
Passport Req..
Waiting....
Vhardmase said:
Hi Tushky, do you hear any news from your application? May I know the contact number of CIC. Thank you!
Hi, No nothing yet
yeah sure 1-888-242-2100
first press 3
then 2
then 0
sometimes they don't connect to the teller because of heavy calls so try to col them after an hour or one hour before their closing time.

Vhardmase

Mar 1, 2015
Tushky said:
Hi, No nothing yet
yeah sure 1-888-242-2100
first press 3
then 2
then 0
sometimes they don't connect to the teller because of heavy calls so try to col them after an hour or one hour before their closing time.
Thanks Tushky. When the time you called them, did they gave you how long you still gonna wait or they just say "processing"?

Tushky

Star Member
Jun 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 feb 2015
Doc's Request.
14 Sept 2105
AOR Received.
24 June 2015
Med's Request
10 sept 2015
Med's Done....
21 sept 2105
Passport Req..
Waiting....
Vhardmase said:
Thanks Tushky. When the time you called them, did they gave you how long you still gonna wait or they just say "processing"?
I called them last week, nope they didn't told me anything just said its restoration so its totally depend upon the officer moreover one executive told me its gonna take minimum 16 weeks more.
One guy in BC applied for restoration on june 28 and he got his approved last week only.

Vhardmase

Mar 1, 2015
Tushky said:
I called them last week, nope they didn't told me anything just said its restoration so its totally depend upon the officer moreover one executive told me its gonna take minimum 16 weeks more.
One guy in BC applied for restoration on june 28 and he got his approved last week only.
Is the guy from BC application is work permit restoration too? Probably it is really depend on the officer processing our application.

Tushky

Star Member
Jun 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 feb 2015
Doc's Request.
14 Sept 2105
AOR Received.
24 June 2015
Med's Request
10 sept 2015
Med's Done....
21 sept 2105
Passport Req..
Waiting....
Vhardmase said:
Is the guy from BC application is work permit restoration too? Probably it is really depend on the officer processing our application.
Yes he is..Yup they process any file they want you cant argue with them.

ness12

Oct 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 5, 2017
AOR Received.
Waiting
sweetyvenky1 said:
I was recently nominated under skilled worker PNP, (there is employment restriction on my PNP)

I sent my application to CIO sydney
I have received my EP, UCI, AOR number now waiting for medicals
My work permit is going to expire on Nov 9th 2015
now I am planning to apply for work permit at border by doing flagpoling.

Now my question is can I apply for open work permit because I received AOR , EP number from CIO sydney office even though there is restriction on my employment.
(what kind of work permit iam eligible for had anyone had same issue befor plz share)

I called CIC call center many times but each time i am getting diffrent answers....
Oh No! you should apply your open work permit atleast 2 weeks before expiring your work permit...what u can do right now is apply closed work permit using your nomination. hope this one will help. Goodluck!

Tushky

Star Member
Jun 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 feb 2015
Doc's Request.
14 Sept 2105