+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused my Husband's sponsership because of my previous marriage

Tina dhaliwal

Star Member
May 2, 2014
I have question.. how can we show cic our face book profiles or any social media proofs that can work as the proof of relationships ? please advise

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Tina dhaliwal said:
I have question.. how can we show cic our face book profiles or any social media proofs that can work as the proof of relationships ? please advise
Take screen shots and print them.

niana.j

May 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
looks like you have enough material for step 1. that is great that you have friends in canada who attended the first marriage. if they can write an affidavit in front of a oath commissioner or lawyer that will be a huge plus for you. letters from people who attended will also help..but it is the middle man that really needs to provide a decent explanation. who is he/she? why did he/she arrange the marriage etc...this will be crucial..but you have enough material for step 1..

step 2..this is the tie breaker as far as i am concerned...did you get professional help when your marriage was falling apart? did you go to a community centre to get help? did you go to a therapist..a councillor ..i mean anything that shows that you had no choice but to end this marriage..were there any domestic disturbances? did you or he call 911..etc??? if yes that stuff is on the record and you get that information through the privacy act...

step 3..should be no problem! just talk to each other often..go on vacations ..and spend time with family and friends..you will be ok... out of curiosity - was your second marriage arranged? was it the same middle man? either way..let cic know in detail how it came about...

if you do everything in detail- you don't really need a lawyer. do you have a lawyer?

Tina dhaliwal said:
Thank you so much nina.j

You gave me very useful steps i think i should start working on these, I should start collecting proofs of my previous marriage, i have two friends in Canada who attended my 1st Wedding in India,they said they can be witness. I have decided to ask the priest who did the marriage ceremony at that time to write a letter that this marriage took place in the temple and letters from the people who attended the wedding.. my family in India still have some photographs of my first wedding and the time we spend together ... like photos at home with the family members of x-husband.

this marriage was arranged by a middle man, so i can ask her to give me letter that she proposed this marriage to both of us families and i can ask the letter from the sister and her joint family my of x-husband with whom we lived together after coming to Canada about our relationship and the problems we had if she agreed to give that.. i hope all this will work..what you say...??

I have lots of proof of my current marriage..photosgraphs,vocatios taken,time spent together,phone calls,skypee calls,etc etc etc

I hope this will work for me.. wht you say ???

Tina dhaliwal

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Thanks so much Scylla for the answer..

Niana.j i did not seek any professional help to save my marriage at that time..because we never thought about that at that time and no one even suggested that and i never called 911 just talked to my parents about what is going on ...and my second marriage was arranged too , i am looking for a lawyer but did not find one yet

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
To take screen shots of your facebook - on your keyboard, press "Ctrl" + "alt" + "prt sc" all at once to copy the page as is, then paste it in a word document and then print the page.

You can also download your facebook chat or messages by going to "account", then at the bottom, you will see "download facebook data". Click on it - takes about 5 mins to send all the information to your email.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
It does not look good that neither you nor your parents tried to save the marriage when divorce is difficult on women in your culture. Think again and see if there were instances where you talked to his family about your problems, if they called to counsel him, whether your parents spoke to his parents, etc.

Did you ever see the divorce petition and reasons for divorce from your ex? If not, it's really important to get it. Depending on what he gave as reasons for divorce, that could be part of what is casting doubt on your first marriage.

Tina dhaliwal said:
Thanks so much Scylla for the answer..

Niana.j i did not seek any professional help to save my marriage at that time..because we never thought about that at that time and no one even suggested that and i never called 911 just talked to my parents about what is going on ...and my second marriage was arranged too , i am looking for a lawyer but did not find one yet

Tina dhaliwal

Star Member
May 2, 2014
SenioritaBella when all this was happening my parents talked to his sister who is Canada and with whom we were living at that time on phone to help us resolving these conflicts, she and her husband talked to both of us a few times but they were not very helpful as my X-Husband was not very willing to listen any one, he told me that he will not talk to my parents but he phoned them and complained about me when i left him..that i m not loyal to him any more and does not want to keep any relationship with any more and totally blocked all his contacts with me and send me divorce paper after a year of separation.. I called his sister about that and she is it is all my fault and his brother will not listen to her any more..... she can't help me..i was so much broken and decided to end this relationships which was just causing me stress and was not getting anywhere..i had no capacity to bear all that mistrust and abusive language and non supportive behaviors so i signed the divorcee documents..and have no contact with him.. but from the people who know both of us i came to know he got married and his wife has already got the visa..

Vijender_Rana

Apr 5, 2013
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tina dhaliwal said:
SenioritaBella when all this was happening my parents talked to his sister who is Canada and with whom we were living at that time on phone to help us resolving these conflicts, she and her husband talked to both of us a few times but they were not very helpful as my X-Husband was not very willing to listen any one, he told me that he will not talk to my parents but he phoned them and complained about me when i left him..that i m not loyal to him any more and does not want to keep any relationship with any more and totally blocked all his contacts with me and send me divorce paper after a year of separation.. I called his sister about that and she is it is all my fault and his brother will not listen to her any more..... she can't help me..i was so much broken and decided to end this relationships which was just causing me stress and was not getting anywhere..i had no capacity to bear all that mistrust and abusive language and non supportive behaviors so i signed the divorcee documents..and have no contact with him.. but from the people who know both of us i came to know he got married and his wife has already got the visa..
So they accused you that ur First marriage was MOC. Did your X-husband sponsor you to come to canada ??

Vijender_Rana

Apr 5, 2013
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vijender_Rana said:
So they accused you that ur First marriage was MOC. Did your X-husband sponsor you to come to canada ??
Sorry, I just read your old posts. You came as federal skilled worker. Moreover you were primary applicant. How can they accuse you that u married to come to Canada. This is not fair.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Vijender_Rana said:
Sorry, I just read your old posts. You came as federal skilled worker. Moreover you were primary applicant. How can they accuse you that u married to come to Canada. This is not fair.
They aren't.

What they are claiming is that it was a "marriage of convenience" so that the ex-husband could come to Canada, and that she knew this and helped him. Therefore they are saying that because she did it once, they are not going to permit her to do it again.

It is possible that it was a "marriage of convenience", but that she was completely unaware of her ex-husband's intentions... Either way, CIC will now need to be convinced that she was innocent before they will allow her to proceed with sponsoring her new husband.

Vijender_Rana

Apr 5, 2013
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
They aren't.

What they are claiming is that it was a "marriage of convenience" so that the ex-husband could come to Canada, and that she knew this and helped him. Therefore they are saying that because she did it once, they are not going to permit her to do it again.

It is possible that it was a "marriage of convenience", but that she was completely unaware of her ex-husband's intentions... Either way, CIC will now need to be convinced that she was innocent before they will allow her to proceed with sponsoring her new husband.
oh Ok.. sorry to hear her story....

commonlawsponsor

May 29, 2013
Berlin
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
10-03-2014
Med's Done....
21-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2014
LANDED..........
Will land 27-11-2014
zardoz said:
They aren't.

That's interesting and maybe you are right. But from the OP's posts, I thought the problem was - she married, brought her husband to Canada with the understanding he would help her bring her family - brother and parents to Canada. (As a co-signer, to help with a higher household income, etc.) I don't know if this is necessarily an issue with the CIC. But I thought the problem was she was more interested in bringing her family to Canada than trying to make her marriage work. But maybe I am way off.

I guess the take-home message here is to order your GMSC notes and then take it from there.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
commonlawsponsor said:
That's interesting and maybe you are right. But from the OP's posts, I thought the problem was - she married, brought her husband to Canada with the understanding he would help her bring her family - brother and parents to Canada. (As a co-signer, to help with a higher household income, etc.) I don't know if this is necessarily an issue with the CIC. But I thought the problem was she was more interested in bringing her family to Canada than trying to make her marriage work. But maybe I am way off.

I guess the take-home message here is to order your GMSC notes and then take it from there.
Yes, if there was a "condition" to the marriage that would result in having to commit to assisting others to immigrate, then it's quite possible that CIC would see this as a "marriage of convenience", ESPECIALLY if the ex-husband has told CIC that in his application to sponsor his new wife. If he claimed, falsely or not, that he was being "used", they might have looked on his application to sponsor more favourably. Unless the OP can obtain her GCMS notes, she will never know. In fact, it's possible that if her ex-husband accused her, that information might be redacted from her copy of the notes, for privacy reasons.

Tina dhaliwal

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Hi Zardoz

That was never a condition in reality for getting married,that just was just my desire that i asked him to help to me to fulfill..the main reason of the separation was that i was not comfortable withe the family and him,his behavior was totally changed toward me and he stopped supporting financially and emotionally was always suspicious of me that if i m having affair with some one .... i asked him to move to some other province to be away from the family environment and we can get more close to each other we will if live separately from this joint family who was very intervening ...but he refused so i moved by myself and he suspected it as if i eloped with someone and phoned my parents that i am not loyal to him any more...and he does not want to have any relationship with me..and that bond of love and trust was gone from our marriage..how could this marriage be survived..

my Parents talked to his father who was alive at that time and a number of times to his sister with whom we were living at that time to help us to resolve our conflicts , they talked to us a few times but it didn't help..he was very abusive toward me..always blamed me that i m more favorable towards my parent's family,he never liked that why i phone back home to my parents when ever he found that i m talking to them on the phone..used to ask me if i had a BF in india..he was very nice to me when we were both in India..but totally changed when we came to Canada... He was kind of good friend of my Brother and said to him before me moved that we will unite with you in Canada....we will apply for you..that was reason i asked him to help me get my brother here so that i will feel more like home if i will have some one from my parents.. but that was all lie.. He was a Changed man now...i was feeling like deceived..why he changed so much..What i did wrong..was it wrong to talk to your parents and friends back home when you moved so far away from them.. i did not understand what was the point of insecurity ??

All this was the basic reason of Separation.. and he felt offended and divorced me.. I never asked for the divorce.. i was so broken and was incapable to tolerate all that he had blamed me so i wanted peace too... so we got divorced..Beleive me it was not a marriage of Convenience.