+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

Bini4life

Jun 4, 2024
URGENT!!!!! Hello, is anyone aware of the new address in Ottawa for RTD? and no longer Gatineau? i sent mine to Gatineau and later realized the address has changed from 200 Promenade du Portage, Gatineau, QC J8X 4B7 to Crémazie 6th Floor (OSC) 365 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 . Can anyone please tell me when this address was changed? Will this be any issue? as mine has been delivered to Gatineau office and signed for. Please advice. Thanks
Same here I knew after I sent it too pls what do I do now im stressed

Bini4life

Jun 4, 2024
URGENT!!!!! Hello, is anyone aware of the new address in Ottawa for RTD? and no longer Gatineau? i sent mine to Gatineau and later realized the address has changed from 200 Promenade du Portage, Gatineau, QC J8X 4B7 to Crémazie 6th Floor (OSC) 365 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 . Can anyone please tell me when this address was changed? Will this be any issue? as mine has been delivered to Gatineau office and signed for. Please advice. Please helpppppp!!

Here4help

Dec 4, 2021
Crémazie 6th Floor (OSC) 365 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

I send mine at this address and i confirm after 10 days on IRCC call centre and they confirmed that application is updated in system.

Bini4life

Jun 4, 2024

I send mine at this address and i confirm after 10 days on IRCC call centre and they confirmed that application is updated in system.
So should I resend it again to the above address

Here4help

Dec 4, 2021
So should I resend it again to the above address
There are 2 different addresses if you are sending by courier YES this one is good. If by post there is different address.

For your earlier application i suggest call helpline or ircc and confirm if they received or not.

Bini4life

Jun 4, 2024
There are 2 different addresses if you are sending by courier YES this one is good. If by post there is different address.

For your earlier application i suggest call helpline or ircc and confirm if they received or not.

Which do you think has a faster process time to receive your travel document through the mail or the courier addresses

pamela21

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Hi everyone, I have an expired RTD and now I am applying to renew my RTD. Do I need to mail the expired RTD with my application?

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Anyone applied for rtd renewal recently? I was wondering how long does it take nowadays? I have valid one. I’ll send it and ask it back. I have us visa. Thanks.

Here4help

Dec 4, 2021
Anyone applied for rtd renewal recently? I was wondering how long does it take nowadays? I have valid one. I’ll send it and ask it back. I have us visa. Thanks.
I applied on may 10 and today i received it. I have visa as well i explain and request it to send it back with new RTD I got both.

Last edited:

JaneWis

May 15, 2024
URGENT!!!!! Hello, is anyone aware of the new address in Ottawa for RTD? and no longer Gatineau? i sent mine to Gatineau and later realized the address has changed from 200 Promenade du Portage, Gatineau, QC J8X 4B7 to Crémazie 6th Floor (OSC) 365 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 . Can anyone please tell me when this address was changed? Will this be any issue? as mine has been delivered to Gatineau office and signed for. Please advice. Please helpppppp!!
Hello, yes. I sent mine on June 11, 2024 using the courier mail. I used this address Crémazie 6th Floor (OSC) 365 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1.

JaneWis

May 15, 2024

Have you gotten reply from them since?
I also submitted mine. They received June and said it was updated in their system. In the emergency quene. Did you apply for emergency or standard service time?