+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

nat29

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
I don't know Phil89, about the CIC being unreasonable. I have traveled all over the world, applied for many visas in the past and any application I was filling out had a line "Have you ever been refused visa to any other country?" Thank God, I never did. But for sure, if I had 3 rejections, it would be the last thing I would miss in my Canada PR application! Sorry, maybe it is just me...

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
nat29 said:
I don't know Phil89, about the CIC being unreasonable. I have traveled all over the world, applied for many visas in the past and any application I was filling out had a line "Have you ever been refused visa to any other country?" Thank God, I never did. But for sure, if I had 3 rejections, it would be the last thing I would miss in my Canada PR application! Sorry, maybe it is just me...
But didn't he say that he actually ticked "yes" in his application?

Aby444

Oct 10, 2014
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16 - 05- 2016
LANDED..........
JUNE 26, 2016
nat29 said:
I get your scepticism but where there were 2 questions about visa refusals, I answered the one that was stated and to the point. doesnt make sense to have said yes i was refused a visa / permit or ordered to leave canada but will say no to the previous question saying that I had never been refused a visa. I have travelled extensively too and thats not a mistake I make. I honestly didnt notice it under that refugee stuff. I will get in touch with a lawyer and see how it can work. or count my losses. Life is too short to dwell on disappointments. but thanks for your input.

inproxima

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aby444 said:
I just checked online again to what I uploaded on my PR application, i ticked yes to having been refused a visa or permit to Canada or any other country.

i only didnt tick correctly to the one under refugee stuff. my FSW 2014 was returned due to cap been full so I dont know how that would work.

I was sent a procedural fairness letter last month that asked for an updated Sch A form. in this form I ticked all the boxes correctly and sent a letter of explanation on the visa refusals. I didnt give a reason for been denied these visas i just stated the country and the time i was denied.

So considering that I ticked correctly on one of the questions, that should be a reason to have legal standing. Right?
Hi Aby444. Could you please provide your timeline? Also, what do you mean you received a "fairness letter?" Schedule A requests are usually petitioned via a "additional documentation" letter. Thanks.

Aby444

Oct 10, 2014
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16 - 05- 2016
LANDED..........
JUNE 26, 2016
CRS 476
ITA june 30. Submitted July 6th
second Aor. july 17th
Received procedural fairness letter asking for SCH A Aug 24 sent form with correct infomation and LOE
decision made sept 21
recd letter today saying i misrepresented

nat29

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Phil89 said:
But didn't he say that he actually ticked "yes" in his application?

Here is a quote from his message: On my ee profile I have mistakenly ticked that I had never been denied a visa.

Aby444

Oct 10, 2014
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16 - 05- 2016
LANDED..........
JUNE 26, 2016
the letter requesting Sch A was requested via a Procedural fairness letter that was saying that I should be honest with my statutory declarations.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aby444 said:
the letter requesting Sch A was requested via a Procedural fairness letter that was saying that I should be honest with my statutory declarations.
I think then, at the time you got the fairness letter and schedule A, they also were giving you a chance to explain in detail why you hadn't admitted the visa refusals earlier. But given what you have said about your 2014 application, your answers on the PR application, and your Schedule A, I think it should be possible to clarify that this was a mistake and not a misrepresentation. Send a CSE explaining all that, but have it done by a Canadian immigration lawyer if you possibly can.

Aby444

Oct 10, 2014
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16 - 05- 2016
LANDED..........
JUNE 26, 2016
Thank you so much. I have contacted a couple of lawyers after the initial consultation I will decide on which to hire and try to appeal the decision. I appreciate your kind reply. Its worth a try and I will do so.

Reactions: teexzle

me2canada

Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
1112 Financial Analyst
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12 March 2016
Med's Done....
passed 15 March
Passport Req..
07-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
waiting :)
LANDED..........
Hi All,

Salary needs to be mentioned in the current employer reference letter? OOPNP requires it and I got it from my company.
I am planning to get a revised letter as I got promoted. Later when we get and apply, does CIC too require salary to be mentioned in the letter ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
me2canada said:
Hi All,

Salary needs to be mentioned in the current employer reference letter? OOPNP requires it and I got it from my company.
I am planning to get a revised letter as I got promoted. Later when we get and apply, does CIC too require salary to be mentioned in the letter ?
If you're planning to get a revised reference letter, get your revised salary mentioned it. CIC does require reference letters to include annual salary.

me2canada

Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
1112 Financial Analyst
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12 March 2016
Med's Done....
passed 15 March
Passport Req..
07-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Woww. Thank you for your prompt reply. was desperate to know. I posted in other group too.. ;D

chaitanyaprsd1

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello gents,

I applied in 2014 as CEC applicant. My application was returned back saying that the cap is full for 2014 and instructing how to apply in 2015 through Express entry. Does that come under PR rejection? In the letter sent by CIC I don't remember seeing any word like "rejected or rejection".

Need your response on this. Thanks

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
chaitanyaprsd1 said:
Hello gents,

I applied in 2014 as CEC applicant. My application was returned back saying that the cap is full for 2014 and instructing how to apply in 2015 through Express entry. Does that come under PR rejection? In the letter sent by CIC I don't remember seeing any word like "rejected or rejection".

Need your response on this. Thanks
No its not rejection. Application return due to cap doesn't come under rejection. You are fine.

harshmaru

Star Member
Aug 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GOT a REFUSAL LETTER

GUYS Please help if this case can be reopened by CSE ..as I selected wrong NOC code. for my 2 jobs

(In your Express Entry profile you indicated that you worked as an Information Systems Analysts and
Consultants (NOC 2171). Though I am satisfied with your employment as Management Information
Systems Analyst, I am not satisfied with the rest of your declared work experience. For your experience
as Technical writer for Pitney Bowes Software’s and for Visnova Solutions PVT , you failed to provide
supporting documents to show that you performed the actions described in the lead statement as well as a
substantial number of the main duties of the occupation (NOC 2171) which you selected. The Onus is on
the applicant to provide sufficient evidence in support of their application.
In accordance with section 11.2 of the Act of the Regulations, I am refusing your application because I
have found that you do not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e).
This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest
ranking person who was invited to apply in your round, under the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking
System. )

I think I am still eligible and above the invited point when i remove these two jobs with wrong NOC codes.

If I keep Ouside canada HR Manager job and In Canada MIS analyst job, I still am at 461 points.