+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

nat29

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
chaitanyaprsd1 said:
Hello gents,

I applied in 2014 as CEC applicant. My application was returned back saying that the cap is full for 2014 and instructing how to apply in 2015 through Express entry. Does that come under PR rejection? In the letter sent by CIC I don't remember seeing any word like "rejected or rejection".

Need your response on this. Thanks
oopss, there are some ladies on the forum too ;D ;D ;D
As for your question, it doesn't count. My two applications in 2010 and 2014 were returned for the same reason. It is rejected only if you get an official letter from CIC stating that after reviewing your application it was rejected for whatever reason. Good luck with your new application!

trueblue88

Apr 17, 2015
Hi,

I already have an Express Entry profile that is 5 points below the latest EE draw. I want to apply for the Saskatchewan skilled worker program to get a Provincial Nomination and increase my odds to be invited.

In my current EE profile I have different NOCs as work experience and even though they are similar to a NOC that is approved by Saskatchewan, I would have to change the NOCs in my EE to match the info that I will put in Saskatchewan. I can get new work experience letters with the new NOC. I also have older EE profiles with the old NOCs and I am worried that Saskatchewan officials will see the different NOCs and put a red flag on my name in their immigration system and hurt my chances on EE.

Should I apply for Saskatchewan and tweak my NOCs?

Thanks!

ranjk89

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Sorry to hear about you refusal buddy. I think you should send CSE with updated employment letters with main duties corresponding to the correct NOC code. And create a new profile and get it ready for next round of ITAs.

Did you get an ghost email or updated status on CIC or DM on ECAS?

harshmaru said:
GOT a REFUSAL LETTER

GUYS Please help if this case can be reopened by CSE ..as I selected wrong NOC code. for my 2 jobs

(In your Express Entry profile you indicated that you worked as an Information Systems Analysts and
Consultants (NOC 2171). Though I am satisfied with your employment as Management Information
Systems Analyst, I am not satisfied with the rest of your declared work experience. For your experience
as Technical writer for Pitney Bowes Software's and for Visnova Solutions PVT , you failed to provide
supporting documents to show that you performed the actions described in the lead statement as well as a
substantial number of the main duties of the occupation (NOC 2171) which you selected. The Onus is on
the applicant to provide sufficient evidence in support of their application.
In accordance with section 11.2 of the Act of the Regulations, I am refusing your application because I
have found that you do not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e).
This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest
ranking person who was invited to apply in your round, under the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking
System. )

I think I am still eligible and above the invited point when i remove these two jobs with wrong NOC codes.

If I keep Ouside canada HR Manager job and In Canada MIS analyst job, I still am at 461 points.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trueblue88 said:
Hi,

I already have an Express Entry profile that is 5 points below the latest EE draw. I want to apply for the Saskatchewan skilled worker program to get a Provincial Nomination and increase my odds to be invited.

In my current EE profile I have different NOCs as work experience and even though they are similar to a NOC that is approved by Saskatchewan, I would have to change the NOCs in my EE to match the info that I will put in Saskatchewan. I can get new work experience letters with the new NOC. I also have older EE profiles with the old NOCs and I am worried that Saskatchewan officials will see the different NOCs and put a red flag on my name in their immigration system and hurt my chances on EE.

Thanks!
If you haven't got an ITA yet, those are just online profiles which no human, barring you, has ever viewed. Get revised reference letters, apply to Sask and withdraw all existing EE profiles except one, change the NOC in that profile and that takes care of that

trueblue88

Apr 17, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
If you haven't got an ITA yet, those are just online profiles which no human, barring you, has ever viewed. Get revised reference letters, apply to Sask and withdraw all existing EE profiles except one, change the NOC in that profile and that takes care of that
Thanks so much Asivad. My understanding was that all the accumulated history of my profile (even if I withdraw it) could be found in the system by an agent looking for discrepancies as a reason to reject my application.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harshmaru said:
GOT a REFUSAL LETTER

GUYS Please help if this case can be reopened by CSE ..as I selected wrong NOC code. for my 2 jobs

(In your Express Entry profile you indicated that you worked as an Information Systems Analysts and
Consultants (NOC 2171). Though I am satisfied with your employment as Management Information
Systems Analyst, I am not satisfied with the rest of your declared work experience. For your experience
as Technical writer for Pitney Bowes Software's and for Visnova Solutions PVT , you failed to provide
supporting documents to show that you performed the actions described in the lead statement as well as a
substantial number of the main duties of the occupation (NOC 2171) which you selected. The Onus is on
the applicant to provide sufficient evidence in support of their application.
In accordance with section 11.2 of the Act of the Regulations, I am refusing your application because I
have found that you do not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e).
This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest
ranking person who was invited to apply in your round, under the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking
System. )

I think I am still eligible and above the invited point when i remove these two jobs with wrong NOC codes.

If I keep Ouside canada HR Manager job and In Canada MIS analyst job, I still am at 461 points.
Check that you still have enough FSW points without those jobs (if you had an FSW invitation) and if so, write a CSE explaining why you believe you still have enough points. But also make a new profile so you can get a new invitation and start over. So sorry this happened to you!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trueblue88 said:
Thanks so much Asivad. My understanding was that all the accumulated history of my profile (even if I withdraw it) could be found in the system by an agent looking for discrepancies as a reason to reject my application.
True. But CIC themselves acknowledge that the first time an officer looks at an application is after you get an ITA and submit the application. It is perfectly legit to have changed your NOC multiple times over in a pre-ITA application and even in a post-ITA application (provided it doesn't make a material difference to your application). So no harm in doing what you intend to do now.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trueblue88 said:
Hi,

Thanks!
Saskatchewan is now closed, they hit their quota earlier today.

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Reading about misrepresentation and questions about previous work permit & visa refusals I remembered that in 2013 my work permit for Canada has been refused. I applied through IEC (Working Holiday): got conditional acceptance letter and applied for WP. In the meantime, my conditional acceptance letter got revoked because I created account before 2013 program officially opened. Therefore, my work permit application got refused, with the explanation "We were informed that your IEC conditional letter of acceptance was revoked. You therefore don't meet the requirements for a work permit under the IEC program.".

Question is - would I have problems because of this? I'm here in Canada on my 3rd work permit (WH, LMO, LMIA), I never overstayed nor been refused admission to Canada or any other country.

nat29

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Why should you? If you disclosed this information on your application, you should have no problem whatsoever! If CIC will want more clarification on the matter, they will request Schedule A. If you closely follow the forum, there are plenty of guys who had different kinds of refusals in the past (PR, WP, Visa), but still got their PR no problem.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnny123 said:
Reading about misrepresentation and questions about previous work permit & visa refusals I remembered that in 2013 my work permit for Canada has been refused. I applied through IEC (Working Holiday): got conditional acceptance letter and applied for WP. In the meantime, my conditional acceptance letter got revoked because I created account before 2013 program officially opened. Therefore, my work permit application got refused, with the explanation "We were informed that your IEC conditional letter of acceptance was revoked. You therefore don't meet the requirements for a work permit under the IEC program.".

Question is - would I have problems because of this? I'm here in Canada on my 3rd work permit (WH, LMO, LMIA), I never overstayed nor been refused admission to Canada or any other country.
It wasn't the refusals that caused the problem - it was not mentioning them in the application.

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
About the discrepancy between the EE application and Schedule A:

When requested, I put all my and my spouses' travel history in "Personal History" of Schedule A. Because in Schedule A - Personal History, it lists "traveling" as a type of activity.

But in my original EE application, our travel history was put under the "Travel History" tab, not the "Personal History" tab. This is because in the EE profile, there is no option to choose "Traveling" under the "Activity type" of the "Personal History" tab.

We attached a letter to explanation this discrepancy too. Could this be a problem?

u2cc

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
1 May
Miumiu said:
About the discrepancy between the EE application and Schedule A:

When requested, I put all my and my spouses' travel history in "Personal History" of Schedule A. Because in Schedule A - Personal History, it lists "traveling" as a type of activity.

But in my original EE application, our travel history was put under the "Travel History" tab, not the "Personal History" tab. This is because in the EE profile, there is no option to choose "Traveling" under the "Activity type" of the "Personal History" tab.

We attached a letter to explanation this discrepancy too. Could this be a problem?
Dont think so, Miumiu. Your original filling did not withhold any travels throughout the supporting documents.

When I filled my Schedule A, I divided my unemployment period into two entries as I was in two different countries. In my EE, I only put one entry for the the entire unemployment period with my home country in the location as it is where most of that period I was in. But in my address section on EE, I put my foreign address correctly according to time. I bet it was the very reason they asked me to resubmit the Schedule A as there were contradicting info.

The location inaccuracy does not shorten my oversea stay to less than six months and I provided my oversea PCC in my EE in the first place. So I was not trying to save my efforts of obtaining compulsory documents whatsoever.

Also, I was a little bit confused about the address table, I was in my home country for 3 months during summer vacation but I put my foreign address there as I have been living there for most of the year. I explained this in a LOE. I think it is also a non-critical misunderstanding as I said that I was in my home country in my personal history. this is the second contradiction in my original EE filing.

Plus all the errors being genuine mistakes can be further supported by my EE travel history and passport stamps scan.

So I corrected everything and submitted my Schedule A.

As long as you did not withhold any info throughout your application, there should be no problem for the VO to believe in your innocence. But that said, I shall be careful enough in the very beginning when filling the EE forms.

Still waiting for further update of my application.