+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

fswaspirant

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Hello, my application got rejected today, after 10 days of application submission. There were 2 reasons given:
1. Wrong passport uploaded - this looks valid as I did a mistake in uploading son's passport instead of daughter's
2. ECA has expired. ECA is valid only for 2'years. But in the same doc, they said ECA is valid 5 yrs in the 2nd page ( under a diff section in the process of re-applying)

Question:
1. Is it a mistake on the part of CIC or should I get ECA done again. Mine was issued 19 July 2013.
2. Is there a way to send the correct pp for daughter and ask for reconsideration to open the file again?

sonic1992

Jul 17, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
It still means average balance. It is part of the checks and balances in the system designed to ensure that one isn't using borrowed funds as POF.

You don't need to submit bank statements if your bank letter shows average balance and there isn't an unreasonably large difference (say more than 20%) between that number and your present balance. If there is such a difference, you will need to conclusively prove that all the monies belong to you.

You're probably right. But, seeing that applications are getting rejected for lack of sufficient documentation, it might be beneficial to provide more (to some degree).

Actually my average balance is quite a bit higher than my current balance, as I spent lots of monies in the past few months lol. I doubt I'll have to explain that though.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fswaspirant said:
Hello, my application got rejected today, after 10 days of application submission. There were 2 reasons given:
1. Wrong passport uploaded - this looks valid as I did a mistake in uploading son's passport instead of daughter's
2. ECA has expired. ECA is valid only for 2'years. But in the same doc, they said ECA is valid 5 yrs in the 2nd page ( under a diff section in the process of re-applying)

Question:
1. Is it a mistake on the part of CIC or should I get ECA done again. Mine was issued 19 July 2013.

RIDICULOUS! ECA is valid for 5 years and CIC says so on their site ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=685&t=29

2. Is there a way to send the correct pp for daughter and ask for reconsideration to open the file again?

Send in a CSE right away.
Send in a CSE asap with the right passport this time around, apologize for the inconvenience and request them to reopen your application.

CSE ---> https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fswaspirant said:

Question:
If I were you I would do three things. First, send a CSE with the correct passport, pointing out that ECAs are supposed to be valid for 5 years, and asking them to reopen your case. Then I would check with your ECA provider to be sure that your report is the kind CIC needs. We got ours in 2014, but it was not a kind that allowed CIC to check our results electronically. Luckily for us, they sent us a letter about it instead of rejecting our application, and we were able to pay an extra $140 and get the right document in a couple of weeks. I believe the indicator is that your report number says IMM on it, but you should check with the company that provided it to be sure it's okay for EE. Then I would make a new EE profile and hope to get another ITA. If they reopen your original case, you can cancel the new profile. Good luck!

EEcanvan

Star Member
Jun 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:
If I were you I would do three things. First, send a CSE with the correct passport, pointing out that ECAs are supposed to be valid for 5 years, and asking them to reopen your case. Then I would check with your ECA provider to be sure that your report is the kind CIC needs. We got ours in 2014, but it was not a kind that allowed CIC to check our results electronically. Luckily for us, they sent us a letter about it instead of rejecting our application, and we were able to pay an extra $140 and get the right document in a couple of weeks. I believe the indicator is that your report number says IMM on it, but you should check with the company that provided it to be sure it's okay for EE. Then I would make a new EE profile and hope to get another ITA. If they reopen your original case, you can cancel the new profile. Good luck!
Hey Dobes,

Can you please share from which organization you got your ECA done? I got mine done through WES and it was in 2014. Should I be worried??

fswaspirant

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Thanks Dobes. I got mine from WES and the number does not have IMM on it, it is just a numeric 7 digits. In cas I have to get a new one, should I again submit transcripts or they can reissue?

archjap

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
fswaspirant said:
Thanks Dobes. I got mine from WES and the number does not have IMM on it, it is just a numeric 7 digits. In cas I have to get a new one, should I again submit transcripts or they can reissue?
Is your ECA issued before April 17 2013?

Michal

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
Can someone who was rejected tell what it says when clicked on "check status and messages"?

What do you think I should do? I am stuck as I don't know what really happened to my profile.
I logged in the profile (did it out of curiosity, received no e-mail). It said "updated", so I clicked on "Check Status & Messages." This is what it said:

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not needed at this time
A final decision has been reached Not Started

Then I clicked "Return to previous page" and now my profile says "Cancelled as incomplete" instead of updated! What's just happened?
Still no e-mail or any message in MyCIC.

When I click "Check Status & Messages." the status still says:

I called CIC. Was told to send CSE, which I did.

Should I create a second EE application/profile? Do I create it from within my current myCIC account or should I open a new myCIC account?

Thanks!

cartwright

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Michal said:
Can someone who was rejected tell what it says when clicked on "check status and messages"?

What do you think I should do? I am stuck as I don't know what really happened to my profile.
I logged in the profile (did it out of curiosity, received no e-mail). It said "updated", so I clicked on "Check Status & Messages." This is what it said:

Then I clicked "Return to previous page" and now my profile says "Cancelled as incomplete" instead of updated! What's just happened?
Still no e-mail or any message in MyCIC.

When I click "Check Status & Messages." the status still says:

I called CIC. Was told to send CSE, which I did.

Should I create a second EE application/profile? Do I create it from within my current myCIC account or should I open a new myCIC account?

Thanks!
Create new profile from a separate CIC account.

Michal

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
My application just changed status to Cancelled. Have not received any message/e-mail from CIC. Have no idea what went wrong. The call center was not very helpful as they asked to send CSE.

cartwright said:
Create new profile from a separate CIC account.
Why can't I use my current profile to open another EE application?

White-viking

Aug 23, 2015
Michal said:
My application just changed status to Cancelled. Have not received any message/e-mail from CIC. Have no idea what went wrong. The call center was not very helpful as they asked to send CSE.
Why can't I use my current profile to open another EE application?
you were rejected...

Michal

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
White-viking said:
you were rejected...
I don't think I was rejected as my application was not even assessed (rejected is a different status than cancel I guess), rather my application was cancelled as incomplete (AOR on Friday, this was fast!). Anyway, I've not received ANY info from CIC. So I don't know the reason.
I sent CSE (two of them) asking for clarification. I also want to create a new profile and wait for another ITA -> question is - can I use the same MyCIC account to reapply, while I wait for the reply on my CSE?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michal said:
I don't think I was rejected as my application was not even assessed (rejected is a different status than cancel I guess), rather my application was cancelled as incomplete (AOR on Friday, this was fast!). Anyway, I've not received ANY info from CIC. So I don't know the reason.
I sent CSE (two of them) asking for clarification. I also want to create a new profile and wait for another ITA -> question is - can I use the same MyCIC account to reapply, while I wait for the reply on my CSE?
Create a new profile using the same MyCIC account. You can always withdraw the new profile if your old application is reopened.

Michal

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
I just called CIC again. Got a much more talkative rep. She said my application is still processed, and there was an admin error with my application. I hope to get Ecas access soon. While I was on the phone, I received a ghost mail, but no update in MyCIC.
This system is really not stable.